Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Carmen ride the train, hey, she ride it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/7ufrG7R.gifv

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

What was it? Dead link for me.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

At first I was going to say she looked angry because her gloves didn't match, then I realised she was just co-ordinating them with her bag and shoes.

Nice accessorizing Scarlet Lady .

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

BrianBoitano posted:

What was it? Dead link for me.

It was a man named Woody or something being asked for time while he held a glass of something in his wristwatch hand. Seems like the original post to Reddit is deleted now as well. Weird.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Zipperelli. posted:

Carmen ride the train, hey, she ride it...

whoo whoo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ride that choo choo

ride that choo choo

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Sininu posted:

It was a man named Woody or something being asked for time while he held a glass of something in his wristwatch hand. Seems like the original post to Reddit is deleted now as well. Weird.

drat, sounds really funny.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
It was loving hilarious. There were like 6 clips of him spilling his drink and looking dejected each time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

aaa that is fantastic

even better witht he anouncer & crowd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5QpfAUUxGc

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sadly it's p obvious how they rigged it-- the dog spooks the hare and it freezes up.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's such a dumb parable. Slow and steady only wins the race if your opponent is really stupid. Fast and steady, or even regular speed and steady, will beat the poo poo out of slow and steady every time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's a bar by me that has turtle races on Friday nights. It's awesome.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Big Joe's?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's such a dumb parable. Slow and steady only wins the race if your opponent is really stupid. Fast and steady, or even regular speed and steady, will beat the poo poo out of slow and steady every time.

Slow doesn't mean intentionally doing things slower than "regular speed and steady", the point is laying the proper foundation and planning things out will appear slow. The parable is saying you should plan long term, do things that are sustainable. Don't try to lose weight by fasting, etc. It's the long game that counts.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

doverhog posted:

Slow doesn't mean intentionally doing things slower than "regular speed and steady", the point is laying the proper foundation and planning things out will appear slow. The parable is saying you should plan long term, do things that are sustainable. Don't try to lose weight by fasting, etc. It's the long game that counts.

No that's completely wrong. The tortoise doesn't do any planning at all, he just runs the race. And the hare didn't lose because of lack of planning, he loses because he literally stops halfway and takes a nap.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Are tortoises smooth tho?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
im just asking questions ppl

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Porpoises are pretty smooth, not as smooth as sharks though.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

No that's completely wrong. The tortoise doesn't do any planning at all, he just runs the race. And the hare didn't lose because of lack of planning, he loses because he literally stops halfway and takes a nap.
Dedication and focus on the task at hand.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The fable is saying that turtles are literally faster than hares stop reading so much into it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I may be lost in a maze of irony at this point, but what actually happens in a parable w/r/t the animals and what the point being made is are different things. :)

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Dreddout posted:

With proper nutrition, sunlight and humidity.

Oftentimes they get pyramiding instead :(

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The race was to determine who would run and warn the other animals in the event of a fire.
Turtle won. Along came a forest fire. EVERYONE loving DIED

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m actually surprised there is not a 9/11 holy poo poo edit.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Guy Goodbody posted:

The tortoise has rocket boosters in his shell anyway, if looney tunes is to be believed.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

mind the walrus posted:

This got too real.

--------

Content:

Nice work, Gumshoes! Now where is she off to?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dreddout posted:

More importantly

Do they purr

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I know turtles don't as the subsonic vibration would travel up the elephants' legs and torsos and cause the Disc to literally disintegrate. Even a stable magical field can't compensate for that much chelotectonic activity.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Fable-ous.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Nice work, Gumshoes! Now where is she off to?

Of the three possible destinations on the bus schedule on the wall, Portland seems to be the most wet, and she kept her umbrella out, so I'm going with that one.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I looked it up and it's basically true.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

The tortoise has rocket boosters in his shell anyway, if looney tunes is to be believed.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They are an island of criminals after all.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Solice Kirsk posted:

They are an island of criminals after all.

Well, the highly-aggressive invasive species were the criminals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010