Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Probably Magic posted:

The Titans and Jayhawks losing on the same day is a stiff exchange for Roy Moore's loss, but I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've been playing Assassins Creed: Origins and I've just realized they're trying really hard to emulate Witcher 3 in regards to it being a huge world, several sidequests going on along main quests and other general mechanics. It's not necessarily a bad thing because they do a good job of it and Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever, so it's a good game to emulate but once I noticed it I can't stop thinking about it while I'm playing.

I can’t get into Witcher. I killed the Griffin and had to go kill some soldiers to protect some old man and i just got bored.

Is it something you can play 30-45 minutes at a time? I have it

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Depend on your fatigue of the rear end creed franchise. If you like climbing poo poo etc, then yeah otherwise eh.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I couldn't get into the Witcher 3 at all.

lovely characters in a lovely world where everything is a rape or abortion monster. I've got books on Polish history sitting on my shelf if I want to have a bad time.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Felt the same way about Nier. Everyone preaches how incredible the story is, so I forced myself through the A playthrough, got a few hours into B, and just decided to quit. The gameplay sucks, the graphics are ugly, and the story is hardly revolutionary.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I couldn't get through Witcher 3. Just could not give less of a poo poo about finding his daughter while wandering around fighting neckers for no reason

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I don't care how many people say that Nier is the greatest thing ever, it looks like anime waifu bullshit.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't care how many people say that Nier is the greatest thing ever, it looks like anime waifu bullshit.

It is. Playing halfway through that game confirmed for me that its a toxic combination of anime waifus and pseudo intellectual opining. It's the Undertale of 2017, except Undertale is a good game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's not waifu bullshit 2B isn't even the focus character really

It's like all Taro stories really neat and probably as deep as you are gonna get for a video game story.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Well he said what I was gonna say. Yeah I can see if people hyped up the story to hell (that's what goons tend to do) that probably wouldn't live up to your expectations but I enjoyed from what I got from it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
lots of garbage dick opinions itt

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Seriously. Witcher 3 is loving incredibly written. The characterization is great, the many side quests are superbly written, and it's gorgeous.

The main complaints I can understand is not liking the fighting mechanics and finding it just too big. There's so much to loving do and so many layers to it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Seriously. Witcher 3 is loving incredibly written. The characterization is great, the many side quests are superbly written, and it's gorgeous.

The main complaints I can understand is not liking the fighting mechanics and finding it just too big. There's so much to loving do and so many layers to it.

otoh, biggest problem with SoW is there's not enough to do in it.

also the difficulty scaling which lol. it goes from getting killed by orc slaves to being an unstoppable force of god.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I just want the Last of Us 2, even if I'm not fully sold on the idea of a sequel.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Felt the same way about Nier. Everyone preaches how incredible the story is, so I forced myself through the A playthrough, got a few hours into B, and just decided to quit. The gameplay sucks, the graphics are ugly, and the story is hardly revolutionary.

Oh man. Things only really start flying off the rails after B. The C/D/E endings make up for the first two being a bit meh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

axeil posted:

Oh man. Things only really start flying off the rails after B. The C/D/E endings make up for the first two being a bit meh.

A is more a prologue.

Calling them endings was a weird choice

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Playing Witcher 3 was like playing Unreal or Fallout 3 for the first time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Witcher 3 felt like the late 80's / early 90's grimdark version of an RPG with a clean faces mod installed.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

Witcher 3 felt like the late 80's / early 90's grimdark version of an RPG with a clean faces mod installed.

I'm failing to see the problem.

FizFashizzle posted:

otoh, biggest problem with SoW is there's not enough to do in it.

also the difficulty scaling which lol. it goes from getting killed by orc slaves to being an unstoppable force of god.

Yea I ran out of captains far too quickly. Witcher 3 took me a full week when I was taking one class during the summer so I had tons of time to play. Game is enormous.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 11, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

Did you finish it and the DLC? Because the game is basically 10 seasons of the Geralt show

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Did you finish it and the DLC? Because the game is basically 10 seasons of the Geralt show

Finished the Bloody Baron questline and got partially through a few others. Then read some spoilers that went that's pretty much the most memorable part of the game, so peaced out.

Saw a bit of the dlc with the possession bit which looked more interesting then what I had played, but I'm good.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

Finished the Bloody Baron questline and got partially through a few others. Then read some spoilers that went that's pretty much the most memorable part of the game, so peaced out.

Saw a bit of the dlc with the possession bit which looked more interesting then what I had played, but I'm good.

That whole first part of the game can be a bit much. It's REALLY oppressively dark. Everything else after isn't exactly light but it's more standard RPG fare.

The french countryside DLC is a delight. It basically feels like Geralt's retirement/afterlife

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
God I wish I had time for console games. I think the last thing I played on a console stronger than a Wii was...AC: Brotherhood?

I'm forcing myself to wait to buy a Switch until I have a new job that'll let me cut back on my freelancing hours :negative:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
PC master race

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

that was the climax to the end of a slog, not the best part of the game. novigrad and skellige are the best parts of the base game

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is on Netflix now :woop:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Always Sunny is no longer on Netflix :negative:

also Young Frankenstein

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

gently caress and i forgot my earbuds at work tonight

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I also thought Nier was a big nothing so you can shuffle me over to the bad opinion havers corner. Didn't play the Automata though and it looked interesting.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

evening guys

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hey, Carolina beat the Vikings. How the hell did that happen?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

they beat the poo poo out of them too.

weird.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

i wasn't awake to watch so they won

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm up all night monitoring my dog's breathing until I can take her to the vet tomorrow :smith:

She's my old lady and the first dog that was every truly mine as opposed to a family dog with my parents. I'm literally on the verge of tears

She turned 11 last month

Intruder fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 11, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

I'm up all night monitoring my dog's breathing until I can take her to the vet tomorrow :smith:

She's my old lady and the first dog that was every truly mine as opposed to a family dog with my parents. I'm literally on the verge of tears

She turned 11 last month

oh man im sorry dude

there's no emergency vet?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They weren't able to figure out why every few hours she started just choking on nothing and told me to monitor her

she hasn't done it for awhile now though so I'm hopeful

e: it started this morning and happened several times, but I've caught her eating burrs before so maybe she swallowed one and it irritated her throat. Still, it's scary to see her struggling to breathe

But it also started before I ever let her out so I don't know what to think. She was passed out in the media room before I went to bed last night and didn't want to climb off of the couch so I just left her but I don't think there was anything she could have been tempted to eat and choke on and we didn't find anything. In the morning I heard her whining and scratching on the door so I went and let her into the bedroom and that's when she started choking

Intruder fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 11, 2017

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Stay safe and God bless.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

carolina got home with their pressure, vikings had as many drops today as they’ve had all season, including multiple in the end zone. had to settle for FGs twice in goal-to-go situations. minnesota also gave up two massive 60 yard runs that set up carolina’s first and last TDs.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

Always Sunny is no longer on Netflix :negative:

also Young Frankenstein

Sunny is on Hulu if you're into that sort of thing

Also I hope your dog is OK :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder I hope your dog is okay.

I just dropped my dog off at the vet for his annual checkup and he thanked me by pissing all over my legs. I'm currently at home changing so I can go to work.

• Locked thread