Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

lomzus posted:

This looks awesome, Lord/Millers(they wrote it) animated Spiderman movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii3n7hYQOl4

I had no expectations for this at all but this looks ridiculously good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

For other Spider heroes, Spider-gwen is probably a lock, Ben, Kaine, Anya, maybe Silk can make the cut this time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo that looks incredible.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I feel kinda bad that Miles' first big solo movie turned out to be a Spider-verse adaptation where there'll probably be, like, a dozen spider-mens around, even if Miles is the main character.

That is my ONLY complaint because the art style looks amazing, the talent behind it is excellent and, despite the main comic being trash, Spider-Verse is a fun-rear end event that I'm always down to see adapted.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

lomzus posted:

God drat, that inverted shot of him falling with the skyline in the background was gorgeous.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
holy poo poo

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I feel kinda bad that Miles' first big solo movie turned out to be a Spider-verse adaptation where there'll probably be, like, a dozen spider-mens around, even if Miles is the main character.

Well, Homecoming swiped a significant portion of his regular story.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Was that Prowler Miles was chasing on the motorcycle?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah holy poo poo that movie looks loving incredible

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

Wolfsbane - Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf. Only part accurate as I think there were a few Werewolf Women mutants from around this time

Dani Moonstar - No actual idea. I keep getting her confused with Moon Dragon, who is a bald cosmic marvel chick.

EDIT: If they are doing Warlock as indicated - Shapeshifting Parasitic Space robot. A little less Vision/Data "What is it to be human" and more "Why are humans so neat"?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Magik’s magic is tied to Limbo (a hellish dimension) also she’s somewhat crazy.
You'd go crazy too if your childhood consisted of being raised in a hell dimension. She's Colossus'(Russian mutant that can become pure metal) little sister with teleportation(time and space) powers. Her teleport takes her through Limbo, a hell-like dimension. Somewhere along the way, she got trapped in limbo as a child and was "raised" by the demons there.

Wolfsbane is a mutant who was raised in a catholic monastery(?) and when her powers revealed themselves, she was hated by the priest who raised her. She has(had) a lot of religious hangups, especially wrt Magik and Nightcrawler.

Dani has the power to visualize people's fears and terrors. She's also the leader of the group(comic book verse). She later powered up to use psychic arrows and stuff. She got depowered during House of M and I haven't really seen much of her since then.

As for Warlock, self is excited and apprehensive because Warlock is such a different character.
Self apologizes for nothing :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Postal Parcel posted:

You'd go crazy too if your childhood consisted of being raised in a hell dimension. She's Colossus'(Russian mutant that can become pure metal) little sister with teleportation(time and space) powers. Her teleport takes her through Limbo, a hell-like dimension. Somewhere along the way, she got trapped in limbo as a child and was "raised" by the demons there.

Wolfsbane is a mutant who was raised in a catholic monastery(?) and when her powers revealed themselves, she was hated by the priest who raised her. She has(had) a lot of religious hangups, especially wrt Magik and Nightcrawler.

Dani has the power to visualize people's fears and terrors. She's also the leader of the group(comic book verse). She later powered up to use psychic arrows and stuff. She got depowered during House of M and I haven't really seen much of her since then.

As for Warlock, self is excited and apprehensive because Warlock is such a different character.
Self apologizes for nothing :colbert:

Dani is a goddamned VALKYRIE.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

So like an Asgardian?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

howe_sam posted:

God drat, that inverted shot of him falling with the skyline in the background was gorgeous.

That's when I got super on board with the trailer myself. That was great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

So like an Asgardian?

She became a Valkyrie. She’s human/mutant.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I cringed in recoil when I saw him wearing the mask with highly visible Air Jordan 1s, but it looks like the rest of the costume comes later, so thumbs-up for now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah it looks like his initial suit is homemade.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It was just funny because, even putting aside the usual arguments against sneakerhead culture and Nike fleecing kids for status, if you were trying to remain anonymous why would you cop your best kicks?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I should have known better than to hope for an actual traditionally-animated film. :smith:

Still, I’m cautiously optimistic because of Lord & Miller. Didn’t expect them to touch the Spider-Verse stuff.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hot drat that Miles movie

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I should have known better than to hope for an actual traditionally-animated film. :smith:

Still, I’m cautiously optimistic because of Lord & Miller. Didn’t expect them to touch the Spider-Verse stuff.

Traditional animation is dead.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

CzarChasm posted:

Was that Prowler Miles was chasing on the motorcycle?

Sure was. A really underrated Spidey foil/villain, imo.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

It was just funny because, even putting aside the usual arguments against sneakerhead culture and Nike fleecing kids for status, if you were trying to remain anonymous why would you cop your best kicks?

Well not just that, but how can he use his feet to hang out when he's got shoes with thick soles on them (or any sneaker really)?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Craptacular! posted:

All the bad guys need to do is find the one kid in New York that owns Jordans, it can't be that hard.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

lomzus posted:

Holy poo poo.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

Traditional animation is dead.

In film, maybe. It’s alive and well in television.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TV is all computers too, just stylized.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Dani is a goddamned VALKYRIE.

Now that does make me ashamed because I completely forgot about that aspect of her.
Especially considering she's a boss Valk

JT Smiley posted:

All the bad guys need to do is find the one kid in New York that owns Jordans, it can't be that hard.

But they're red. Even easier to find

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

IUG posted:

Well not just that, but how can he use his feet to hang out when he's got shoes with thick soles on them (or any sneaker really)?

:goonsay:

He don't actually exist, my man

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God drat, that trailer

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

IUG posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a comic, movie or TV show where Spider-Man's shoes have prevented him from climbing something.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Was packing up my books the other day, and I came across the Spiderverse tie in with SP//DR. Would really love to see her in the movie.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Can we talk about how loving weird the anime eyes look for Alita in Battle Angel Alita is? I think the movie might even be good, but it's just... insane.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Someone will effort post, but I'm just going to say to look into Chris Claremont's New Mutants. They're a mostly forgotten team after being rebranded as X-Force, but they were quite popular in the 80's. They were the actual students at the Xavier school because the X-Men, besides Kitty, were all adults. Supposedly, they were the inspiration for the Teenage Mutant, like Daredevil inspired the Ninja, in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The main reason the New Mutants are remembered and loved is Bill Sienkiewicz. I mean the rest of the comic was good, but the Demon Bear Saga, which is what this film is going to be based on, hit the industry like a Mack truck when it was new.

Let's do a little roleplaying. You roll up to the newsstand, drug store or even comic shop in the summer of 84 to pick up the latest issue of New Mutants. Last month, it looked like this:

This month, it's like this

Maybe you're a dumb kid who doesn't get why this is great. Maybe you realize why it rules. Either way, like I said, a truck hitting you in the face. You're going to remember that poo poo.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It'll be interesting to see how an animated superhero movie does at theaters without Legos.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I cringed in recoil when I saw him wearing the mask with highly visible Air Jordan 1s, but it looks like the rest of the costume comes later, so thumbs-up for now.
I was kinda bummed that he's not wearing Jordans the whole movie.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

They say whatever modesty Emma Frost had died with the Hellions.

New Mutants is a great series and I highly recommend it. It's up there with New Teen Titans in terms of gems from the 80's. I'm kind of disappointed that the movie is tied into the Fox X-Men continuity because it's such a dumpster fire of a continuity now.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Teenage Fansub posted:

It'll be interesting to see how an animated superhero movie does at theaters without Legos.

There'll be Legos if Ganke is in it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's Spider-Man. It'll do well.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The animation sort of reminds me of the MTV series, except better.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/939976020479938562

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know it was already done buy my summery of the New Mutants

Dani Moonstar/Mirage - Cheyenne and able to project peoples fears but also learns to project their desires as well. She shares leadership duties with
Sam Guthrie/Cannonball - 'Night Invulnerable while he's blastin'. Steadfastly moral and not only their leader but also the big brother of the rest of the team, as he came from a big family where he had to work in the coal mines to support. Doubt it will come up but in the classic era was intersteller rock star Lila Cheney's boyfriend. Not needed to know, but awesome.
Rahne Sinclair/ Wolfsbane - Was raised in a christian cult and has a lot of hangups about her mutant powers and more standard morality and magic and evil. Can change herself into a wolf or a half wolf.
Roberto D'Costa/Sunspot - son of a Brazilian billionaire, absorbs solar energy to turn himself into a super strong sunspot form where he becomes living Kirby Crackle. His heroes are Magnum PI and Wolverine.
Illyana Rasputin/Magik - Mutant Demon Queen of Limbo because as a child she was kidnapped from the X Mansion by the wizard Belasco who wanted to use her soul to do something in Limbo. Between Belasco and an version of Storm that was trapped in Limbo too, she learned magic that augmented her mutant ability to teleport using stepping disks. She also possesss the Soul Sword and Soul Armor, of which she just seems to use her sword now. BTW, its heavily suggested that she and Kitty had a relationship, though I doubt fox would want to have a lesbian in their movie.

Magik is my 3rd favorite Mutant after Wolverine and Rogue, so I'm hoping she's done right in the movie.

• Locked thread