Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
We set up a field of targets to level ranged from our walls and it's amazing. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
cum slay video game mans m'lard

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

For massive lolz, look at the next level poo poo some guilds put out: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cx8FHsSI82HwcCYVrPBSFn-emvPgHWxQnpu9yJHB7kY/edit

Like we're living in the year 1066, they're in the year 3066

jesus loving christ :stonklol:

how long does it usually take to go from starting off, to making it out to Fort Buttedix or whatever y'all call it and doing my part punching dirt?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I linked my LiF:YO purchase via Steam so I can play this poo poo.

Where do I go/how do I play with goons? IGN is Meatwad

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It depends on where you spawn, it can be like 3 hours of AFK walking if you are on the other side of the map....or it can be like 5 minutes. Depends on how brutally unlucky you are.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm just to the west of a lake on newbie island. How should I proceed from here? Do I just have to get through a tutorial and get ported to the mainland somehow?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Walk into the light, ignore the quests.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

its ya boy randy (randicus) here please dont murder me

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Cool I'm on the mainland now, West coast about midway down (Sleeper's Tongs Region I think it said?). Attacked some dude pulling a cart and took his clothes and tools. He had a [TRG] tag and didn't even try to fight back.

There's a POI on the map labeled Brotherhood of The Brew. I like drunks and I am drunk, so I guess I'll go there.

Where to after that, peasants?

Edit: welp a bunch of drunks knocked me out but to be fair I attacked one of them first :classiclol:

isaboo fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 9, 2017

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

i'm prob gonna pick this game up tomorrow. any reason to buy the silver starter pack? i'm hearing that people are getting free tickets.

i've been burned by lovely chinagame dot exes and their expensive starter packs. (see: black desert online)

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's a great time for new people to join. The castle is mostly done so the hurf blurf level of labor is done.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pahuyuth, there should be a map to our settlement in the discord I think.

And yes, the inner fortress is complete with a trench and turrets, it's a great time to join. We got about 72 or so people in the guild now, which is a pretty decent size.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 10, 2017

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

game is good, there are dirts to move, mans to harass and shoe away from our glorious grove of trees. today we murdered a guy we assumed had chopped down some of our trees because he had an axe and saw. apparently he was a new guy that had just spawned in, spent some of the microtransaction currency to buy the set of basic metal tools (dont do this, its dumb) and was just running around our poo poo. think he asked for a refund?

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 10, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
FYI, when you're coming to the guild claim, announce it in discord, otherwise you're going to get ye olde sword to the face

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
If anyone wants to join Jewelry Town and horde gold and precious jewels with a more refined class of feudal goon the ten page application process will be available shortly with psych evaluations to follow.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
and then give me fancy jewelry so i can be the spiffiest hobo

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Press f to pay respects for all the fallen. We killed many, took many casualties, and learned a lot.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
I hit 90 jewerly :toot:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

soon

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Two guys that some awful group named Ye Olde Detroit murdered came by looking for them today

but nope, it was just us goons, no detroit here :v:

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Simon Numbers fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 10, 2017

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Oh god another terrible open world autism grind game to suck me in.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Marxalot posted:

Oh god another terrible open world autism grind game to suck me in.

run away before you shirk responsibilities in the name of building digital dung heaps

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016
Is the group established enough for me to start up a pyramid scheme bond-selling fuckgoons scam yet?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

meatmccartney posted:

Is the group established enough for me to start up a pyramid scheme bond-selling fuckgoons scam yet?

yes, join today

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Artist rendition of our battle last night against the enemy:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

wow what a cool image

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

wow what a cool image

thx the guy that drew it is kind of a nerd :toot:

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

it's a work of art. really illustrates in great detail the intricacies of siege warfare

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I N S T A L L M O L E S

F A L L I N H O L E S

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Blazing Zero posted:

run away before you shirk responsibilities in the name of building digital dung heaps

My next few weekends are so hosed.

Tactical Lesbian posted:

it's a work of art. really illustrates in great detail the intricacies of siege warfare

Oh hey :whatup:

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Marxalot posted:

My next few weekends are so hosed.

Oh hey :whatup:

what's good my dude. let's punch some dirt

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Going 4 tiles away to level things like carpentry and animal taming makes it so easy.

Just sitting here making handles on my alt getting my carpentry up while denying the furry block resources owns pretty hard.

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss
Someone thought that it would be nice to post some media, so here's some aerial shots of our base under construction, and our tree grove.

Also a cute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjjhDx_qGjg

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fallout posted:

Someone thought that it would be nice to post some media, so here's some aerial shots of our base under construction, and our tree grove.

Also a cute video:

That's me, getting my kill stolen.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

New goon thunderdome.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you took a shovel to the face for like 30 damage

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fallout posted:

Also a cute video:

in it / :five:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its good to pick fights with people with nothing off their claim while we have thousands of trees off ours, chasing around 1 dude who was always within flee range of the water for an hour was fun and worthwhile

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Kimsemus posted:

That's one of my random hobo prospecting tunnels, don't mind me :v:

For massive lolz, look at the next level poo poo some guilds put out: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cx8FHsSI82HwcCYVrPBSFn-emvPgHWxQnpu9yJHB7kY/edit

Like we're living in the year 1066, they're in the year 3066

I used this example to explain Goons to my wife.

Other guy: shows up in a straight line, speaking olde english, wearing matching helmets and tabards.

Goons: discover underwear armor exploit, and show up wearing nothing but 73 pairs of tighty whities on heads, bodies, hands, and feet.

• Locked thread