Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If Cody has been rehabilitated, will his tornado punch still be called Criminal Upper?

Decriminalized Upper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

And the other special will be renamed to Gentleman Kick.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If Cody has been rehabilitated, will his tornado punch still be called Criminal Upper?

white collar criminal upper

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe they managed to make me excited for more SFV content. Cody and Sakura look great, the two new characters are cool, Sagat, and uh Blanka I guess. Hopefully the changes to the system are good, because I would like to actually enjoy this game.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Jack Trades posted:

And the other special will be renamed to Gentleman Kick.

Criminal Upper
Ruffian Kick
Bad Stone
using a god damned shiv

poo poo, he really leaned hard into the whole prison fighter thing didn't he? No wonder he wasn't really in a hurry to get out.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

AE isn't coming with netcode improvements, is it?

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

This trailer probably had the same budget as mvci

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Keegers posted:

Why did you think it would? Netcode doesn't sell copies or season passes, anime tiddies do.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'd love it if Capcom fixed SFV for season 3.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades posted:

Cody won't have the normal knife anymore instead you'll get it from VT activation and you'll only get to swing it 3 times.

"Cody gets his knives in bulk from China, so each can only hit the opponent a few times before breaking!" His V-Trigger meter turns into a durability bar.

I really wanna know what's going on with him. How he cleaned up, his move names, etc. He still looks bored as poo poo, though.

Also, it's interesting how Ryu gets a cut from that fight with Akuma at the start of the cinematic trailer, and it's still there on his cheek at the very end. Ryu overcame the Satsui no Hado in Story Mode, but it's clear he's still struggling to keep it in check. New story mode just going to be Ryu's journey to his SF3 self?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Agoat posted:

I'd love it if Capcom fixed SFV for season 3.

Me too but we all know that it's not going to happen.

Even if they fire everyone responsible for this travesty, there's just too much there that needs to be fixed and Capcom seems to be way more interested in selling you season passes and costumes packs than making an actual good game.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

Me too but we all know that it's not going to happen.

Even if they fire everyone responsible for this travesty, there's just too much there that needs to be fixed and Capcom seems to be way more interested in selling you season passes and costumes packs than making an actual good game.

DBZ comes out in January. :)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Keegers posted:

lmbo

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
what do the 6 new characters bring the total cost of this game to, if you were to have supported it from day one and bought new content as it was released? its like what, a $60 base game with 2x $30 character packets, now 3, making it $150, without any sort of "fun" content like stages or costumes

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
IMO I don't mind paying for more content over time but they should discount the base game or give you extra goodies for buying early/full price

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

If Sagat doesn't suck I'm willing to forgive a lot.

Also adding "G" instead of Q is just loving with us.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

what do the 6 new characters bring the total cost of this game to, if you were to have supported it from day one and bought new content as it was released? its like what, a $60 base game with 2x $30 character packets, now 3, making it $150, without any sort of "fun" content like stages or costumes

Honestly that's in line with every other recent FG released on a per-character basis.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Street Fighter set to join Samurai Shodown and Guilty Gear as fighting games with playable presidents.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Double Bill posted:

If Sagat doesn't suck I'm willing to forgive a lot.

Also adding "G" instead of Q is just loving with us.

I wanna rephrase my thread title suggestion to Street Fighter V Arcade Edition: Suffer Like Q Did.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Macksy posted:

Best part of the trailer

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Best part of that cinematic was how it conveniently forgot about Vega, Juri, Fang and Alex.
Just like the developers did.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The S2 DLC characters were all pretty fun and the new v-trigger stuff seems promising so I will probably will give it a shot

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Macksy posted:

If you channeled electricity would you really want to be out in the rain?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dias posted:

Honestly that's in line with every other recent FG released on a per-character basis.

what? no its not. most other FGs add like1, or 2 characters after the fact, not triple the base roster for quadruple the price.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

KOF had the 3 but thats a weird one since the game came with like 50 characters anyway. Guilty Gear characters are free if you keep up with the game. Tekken added one character for 6 bucks and he came with new stage, songs and the same endless customization everyone else gets...SFV is priced like a free game that I got duped into paying 60 dollars for and wnat my money back because at this point, even if i wanted to play a majority of the roster would be unavailable for me to even try.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Maybe Cody became a lawyer or something so he can still fight crime in a way that isn't uppercutting people

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It kind of sucks and isn't really worth the effort but grinding out survival mode (I did easy/medium with everyone)/trials/the story modes gives you enough fight money for everyone. There's the weekly missions too which take like 5 minutes and get you 5-10k usually but I've missed most of those

I think I have 300k fight money left over and I bought everyone except Ed/Zeku (I didn't buy any stages/costumes though)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

It kind of sucks and isn't really worth the effort but grinding out survival mode (I did easy/medium with everyone)/trials/the story modes gives you enough fight money for everyone. There's the weekly missions too which take like 5 minutes and get you 5-10k usually but I've missed most of those

I think I have 300k fight money left over and I bought everyone except Ed/Zeku (I didn't buy any stages/costumes though)

You didn't buy Ed? you absolute mad man.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Firstborn posted:

Maybe Cody became a lawyer or something so he can still fight crime in a way that isn't uppercutting people

"When the going gets tough, you don't want a criminal lawyer. You want a CRIMINAL lawyer upper!"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im 100 dollars sunk on sfv and dont like any characters in it except cammy so idk if ill pay them anymore unless i get drunk one day and gently caress up

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Injustice 2 was, what, 9 characters for 30 bucks? Expensive but still cheaper than SFV,.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
SFV was pretty clearly set up to basically be GaaS from the beginning, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that that's what's happened. It wasn't really even a secret.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Injustice 2 was, what, 9 characters for 30 bucks? Expensive but still cheaper than SFV,.

Are all of the turtles one character?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Are all of the turtles one character?

yeah, it'll probably be some weird thing where their character power swaps between 'em

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah, it'll probably be some weird thing where their character power swaps between 'em

Also an option:. 4 styles, each a different turtle.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Best part of that cinematic was how it conveniently forgot about Vega, Juri, Fang and Alex.
Just like the developers did.

You're such a whiny bitch it makes hating on SFV feel bad by association.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's not wrong though, juri is the only character I want to play and she manages to be absolutely worthless in a game where you don't need much to be useful.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

In Training posted:

He's not wrong though, juri is the only character I want to play and she manages to be absolutely worthless in a game where you don't need much to be useful.

Infiltration proved you wrong for 2 whole games on Friday.

But seriously, Juri loving sucks, the fact that it took one of the greatest Street Fighter players a year to make her look viable is a testament to her bad design.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You can be correct and still post like a leaking tire all drat day.

THIS game isn't very good but I will tune back in for my boy Cody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zelder posted:

You can be correct and still post like a leaking tire all drat day.

THIS game isn't very good but I will tune back in for my boy Cody

I don't disagree , Jack Trades huffs turds. Almost as bad as juri does. Anyway I reinstalled this game today because I have brain damage lol.