Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

MSB2

how do i automate coal production?

I have 5 bonsai trees, so logs are no problem.

I have a big tinker's furnace so i can turn almost an entire inventory of logs into charcoal (though they are are opposite sides of the map...)

I have 2 combustion chambers.

1 nether casing with steel (which is use the most)
1 something casing with electrum (but with 3 culinary generators i can click it once, maybe twice then its wait for rf...)

Can i make charged creepers? (i need that tome of alkhery, if i can get that, i may make some endstone)

Are slimey generators worth building? (i have 2 bonsai slime trees)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

MSB2

how do i automate coal production?

I have 5 bonsai trees, so logs are no problem.

I have a big tinker's furnace so i can turn almost an entire inventory of logs into charcoal (though they are are opposite sides of the map...)

I have 2 combustion chambers.

1 nether casing with steel (which is use the most)
1 something casing with electrum (but with 3 culinary generators i can click it once, maybe twice then its wait for rf...)

Can i make charged creepers? (i need that tome of alkhery, if i can get that, i may make some endstone)

Are slimey generators worth building? (i have 2 bonsai slime trees)

For coal, there's a combustion controller block in the newer versions of MSB2 that makes automating the combustion chamber a lot easier. You set which item you want to make and it'll continually craft it. It's very noisy, however, due to the repeated explosion noise, so I stuffed my charcoal -> coal autocrafter away inside a Compact Machine.

You can make charged creepers -- make a handgun (from Reliquary) and load it with storm shot. Shoot a creeper once with storm shot, then kite it out of the fire that the shot makes, and take it down. Repeat until you get a charged creeper heart.

Alternatively, for end stone, make an Astral Sorcery charging crystal thing (rock crystal in the atomic reconstructor) and focus its starlight on a sandstone block. It'll very, very slowly turn into end stone. You can automate it with AA auto placer/breakers and Integrated Dynamics. Alternatively alternatively, there's a combustion recipe for endstone, but it's a pain in the rear end.

Slimey generators require milk to function, so if you don't have a good way to automate that (Industrial Foregoing) it's not going to be very practical.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I stuck extra utility sound mufflers underneath my combustion chambers that are automating something (bonsai trees->coal, cobble->lava) as an alternative to compactifying them.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Compact machines are cool and good. I stuck my wither grinder inside one, too.

A beheading x8 cleaver with looting III makes a lot of wither skeleton skulls. I'm getting close to a thousand banked nether stars :sweatdrop:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Taffer posted:

I finally updated Ender Ore to 1.12.2 if anyone wants it

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ender-ore/files

I do, so thanks!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

In MSB2, has anyone used the master alloy smeltery? I'm trying to make osmiridium with it, and I have the right blueprint and structure, but it's saying "no matching recipe found."

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

For coal, there's a combustion controller block in the newer versions of MSB2 that makes automating the combustion chamber a lot easier. You set which item you want to make and it'll continually craft it. It's very noisy, however, due to the repeated explosion noise, so I stuffed my charcoal -> coal autocrafter away inside a Compact Machine.

You can make charged creepers -- make a handgun (from Reliquary) and load it with storm shot. Shoot a creeper once with storm shot, then kite it out of the fire that the shot makes, and take it down. Repeat until you get a charged creeper heart.

Alternatively, for end stone, make an Astral Sorcery charging crystal thing (rock crystal in the atomic reconstructor) and focus its starlight on a sandstone block. It'll very, very slowly turn into end stone. You can automate it with AA auto placer/breakers and Integrated Dynamics. Alternatively alternatively, there's a combustion recipe for endstone, but it's a pain in the rear end.

Slimey generators require milk to function, so if you don't have a good way to automate that (Industrial Foregoing) it's not going to be very practical.

Im making end stone with the floating crystal.

I have a 2nd crystal linked to a crafting table, but it isnt making the luminous table? what do i need to do to get that?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

I have a 2nd crystal linked to a crafting table, but it isnt making the luminous table? what do i need to do to get that?

IIRC it needs to be on a special multiblock. Craft the astral sorcery journal for instructions. You might also need to wait for it to be night so you get enough :sparkles: STAR POWER :sparkles:

You can do some basic astral sorcery crafting with just a vanilla crafting table with light shining on it, but it bottoms out eventually.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Linking the crystal to a crafting table makes a rudimentary, very basic 'luminous crafting table' that basically exists to make the real one as a recipe in that temporary one.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I figured that out. Then it took a few days for me to get the wand thingy.

I notice that we need blue dye, which only comes from the crusher needing the empowered redstone.

And that carpet would be best as it is 5% for 3 tries over 5% for 2 tried with wool......

and there has to be a better way for diamonds. What is the orecheid like in this pack? (id still need 4 diamonds and to set up my portal. that cant have changed much? Maybe that iwll be my goal for tomorrow.)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys, I haven't minecrafted in a while again, and now I see vivecraft finally supports latest minecraft and forge versions. What's a good kitchen sink modpack for 1.12 these days?

e: Err, went a few pages back and found the link to gooncraft "all the mods 3", which sounds about right. I guess I'll start there.

e2: Where the hell do I download the server files :confused: there's the icon server files available, but it leads nowhere.
e3: nvm had to go to project page.

Truga fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Dec 9, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

and there has to be a better way for diamonds. What is the orecheid like in this pack? (id still need 4 diamonds and to set up my portal. that cant have changed much? Maybe that iwll be my goal for tomorrow.)

Once you get empowered palis, you can automate rock crushing and gem cleaning. This will crap out diamonds like no tomorrow.

Alternatively, power through and get a flawless calculator, which has a Flawless Crafting recipe to turn 4 gold into 1 diamond.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Truga posted:

Hey guys, I haven't minecrafted in a while again, and now I see vivecraft finally supports latest minecraft and forge versions. What's a good kitchen sink modpack for 1.12 these days?
The current headsets can't fit my giant face with glasses so it's kind of moot, but I was wondering what it was like setting up a modpack with vivecraft. I tried to do it with Blightfall and it was a dismal failure. It wouldn't have helped because I wouldn't have been able to see anything.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Truga posted:

e: Err, went a few pages back and found the link to gooncraft "all the mods 3", which sounds about right. I guess I'll start there.

e2: Where the hell do I download the server files :confused: there's the icon server files available, but it leads nowhere.
e3: nvm had to go to project page.

Can always join us crazy fuckos on booftors server.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Between multifarms and bonsai pots, the combustion heater diamond recipe makes it easy to trivialize diamonds about a thousand times over.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

So uh, does anyone have any idea what would cause certain combustion heaters to fail in the latest version of Sky Block 2? I've got two processes that refuse to work (charcoal->coal, flint->gunpowder) that were originally electrum. Using a redstone clock adjacent to it does nothing, sticking a button and pressing it will show the explosion but nothing changes in the UI or in the chamber. However, I can use a different combustion heater, signalum/enderium, and it'll work. I've also got a bronze/steel converting gunpowder to blaze that's still working.

I tried replacing both the casing and heater for the unworking one and it still doesn't work. I'm absolutely mystified.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Toadsmash posted:

Between multifarms and bonsai pots, the combustion heater diamond recipe makes it easy to trivialize diamonds about a thousand times over.

I will need to make some for fire diamonds today
it's the extra step of turning my bazillion charcoal into coal thats stopping me doing that. But the manyullum set up seems very nice for that.

I also dont have any real farms atm, just bonsai

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

If you've got 8 or 9 hopping pots, the way to go is to just automate the charcoal conversion so all you have to do is throw a ton of it into your heater and convert it all at once. When I make diamonds, I usually do a whole stack or two at once. Whole process takes less than five minutes and if you do it at large enough scale it's something you won't have to do very often, either.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Toadsmash posted:

If you've got 8 or 9 hopping pots, the way to go is to just automate the charcoal conversion so all you have to do is throw a ton of it into your heater and convert it all at once. When I make diamonds, I usually do a whole stack or two at once. Whole process takes less than five minutes and if you do it at large enough scale it's something you won't have to do very often, either.

Heater or combustion?

At the moment i will take about 30 stacks of log and pop them in my tinkers furnace (with the intention of then making coal) then i take those stacks and put them in a drawer ><

I iwll see how long it takes to do some coal with my current machines

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

If you want to make tons of charcoal from wood, use the Forestry charcoal pits. They convert 4 wood into 10-15 charcoal, though it's pretty time-consuming and difficult to automate.

If that is too much effort, and you have the ability to upgrade thermal expansion machines, one redstone furnace with the creosote oil augment can turn 4 wood into 6 charcoal (plus creosote.)

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Alternatively you can make a Tinker's Oven and just keep shoving wood blocks in and pulling charcoal out. It's 1 to 1 but it's one of the faster processes available in early/mid Modern Skyblock 2 for conversion. You can build one as soon as you can make a Tinker's Smeltery (so you aren't doing the lengthy process of making grout and instead convert cobblestone to seared stone).

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

hehhhhh MSB2

so i made a dragon dimension for farming dragon hearts, like basically anyone does when slogging through draconic evolution

turns out that if you have multiple dragons alive, and one of them is doing the "squat at the origin while being immune to ranged weapons" thing and you kill another dragon while it's sitting there, the dragon corpse will continue to spit out Ender Dragon Soul gems if you keep peppering it with arrows

this is notable because there's a freezer recipe that turns one ender dragon soul gem into a small chaos shard :sun:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The current headsets can't fit my giant face with glasses so it's kind of moot, but I was wondering what it was like setting up a modpack with vivecraft. I tried to do it with Blightfall and it was a dismal failure. It wouldn't have helped because I wouldn't have been able to see anything.

Most of the issues I get in vivecraft is with the UI. Some mods have custom poo poo going on (i.e. galacticraft system map planet selector), and those will often straight up be unplayable because they don't work with motion controls at all.

On the other hand, vivecraft won't even start with ATM3 for me right now. I'll probably have some time to figure out why next week, but I'm 99% sure it's forge version (vivecraft is 2559, atm3 probably wants 2560 since it ships with that) and it's gonna take some hacking jars together unless vivecraft updates before then.

All that said, even when vivecraft works fine, it can quickly go from perfect to bad when running a lot of mods, because optifine can only do so much, and as late as recent 1.7 modpacks it actively hosed with how some mods worked, and I doubt that's changed :v:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Is there a way to speed up the alloying rate of a tinker's smeltery?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Been toying with the Age of Progression pack and the TC stage is making me feel grief. The smelter uses gravel as a catalyst for smelting bricks and will only run off charcoal you can only make with a loam pile.

But okay, so I did that. What's the next step? The loving coke oven grind. HQM quests are so much nicer, this new guide feature is pretty bad to navigate through.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Is there a way to speed up the alloying rate of a tinker's smeltery?

No. That limitation and the fact that you can't just make more without grossly slaughtering TPS because of the constant ticking multiblock checks by the controllers was expressly the reason that the Master Alloy Smelter was put into the pack, as without it the more complicated alloy singularities are a mathematical impossibility. I am curious if someone's gotten the master alloy furnace to work, though.

Tinker I/O's fuel input machine only affects the melting rate, not the alloying rate.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah, i can make charcoal. quarter stacks at a time, with a big enough furnace to do 30 full stacks at a time for a little bit of lava. It's then turning that into coal. The manyllum set up makes it quick though.

I set up an advanced greenhouse, so that will power 2 oil generators to start. (i managed to do a block of redstonia and a block of palis (so 100m rf) off of 6 culinary generators and a slimey generator pulling milk from a cow in a jar.

All of which now means im hurting for gunpowder again. So much so im contemplating a 2nd mob tower.

As for animals. Does anything other than energetic sheep spawn?

I need a chicken, and my dropper seems to kill them. even though if anything is to survive it would be them.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

I had a big grass field I set up for doing Botania and other things that spawned animals constantly. They follow vanilla spawning rules far as I know.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Toadsmash posted:

I had a big grass field I set up for doing Botania and other things that spawned animals constantly. They follow vanilla spawning rules far as I know.

I have the same. Only have these sheep. Might make it bigger, but it's pretty big already.

And im trying to finish Conola Oil (UA) how does it detect the oils? having a bucket of it doesnt do it.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meskhenet posted:

All of which now means im hurting for gunpowder again. So much so im contemplating a 2nd mob tower.

Can't you turn flint into gunpowder?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Mekanism can turn sand into gravel, which can be crafted into flint, which mekanism can turn into gunpowder. Sand comes in unlimited amounts from a lava + liquid starlight caster. (Sort of like a cobble gen.)

..or an IE Grinder turns cobblestone into gravel. Surely he'd have an IE grinder before Mekanism, right?

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Dec 10, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mekanism can turn sand into gravel, which can be crafted into flint, which mekanism can turn into gunpowder. Sand comes in unlimited amounts from a lava + liquid starlight caster. (Sort of like a cobble gen.)

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Mekanism requires osmium which you either luck into early with rock crushing/washing or through normal progression which expects you to get it after empowering enori crystals.

My gunpowder maker splits the difference and uses the AA crusher instead of the more unwieldy IE grinder.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah infinite sand i have. a way to turn flint into gunpowder, not yet.

I have the IE crusher, is that the grinder?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meskhenet posted:

Yeah I tend to interchange crusher/grinder because my memory doesn't work.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Powering through to Mekanism is highly recommended, FYI. You can substitute its advanced circuits for the tech reborn ones, which saves you a ton of empowered palis.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Meskhenet posted:

Flint I to gunpowder is a pretty early combustion chamber recipe. Like iron casing early.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

My combustion woes that I was talking about earlier were fixed after firing up MS2 so I guess it was just something that failed to load? :shrug:

But it's pretty clear from all that inspection I'm going to need more power to my charcoal converter if I'm going to scale it up like I'm planning.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

FYI: Don't update to the latest MSB2. It's got a crash related to Evilcraft. (I'm guessing it's due to the blood infuser.)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Flint I to gunpowder is a pretty early combustion chamber recipe. Like iron casing early.

yeah i went through and saw that.

Are the sonar lightning towers any good? I see the one i had to make for the diamond already had 7 mill rf, and they were easish to build. Maybe an array of those is worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

yeah i went through and saw that.

Are the sonar lightning towers any good? I see the one i had to make for the diamond already had 7 mill rf, and they were easish to build. Maybe an array of those is worth it?

If you make a lot of transmitters and/or weather stations to buff them, they can put out a pretty stupid amount of RF/t. Supposedly they tank your TPS though.