Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It might just be rollercoaster fatigue, but honestly I'd kind of love to see Foles ball out again, I always really liked that dude.

Of course, if that could happen without Wentz exploding his knee, making Eagles fans everywhere lust for death, that'd be good too.

e: in my post-game delerium I made this lovely photoshop, which I feel accurately sums up my hopes for the coming weeks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

If Wentz actually has a torn ACL, the biggest thing you're going to miss is having him as QB next season

Yeah, like I said in a different thread, the later in a season it happens, the more unlikely it looks like he'll be there week 1 the following season, and significant time missed then too is definitely not out of the question

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Wheres Jeff Garcia

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I think Foles can make most of the throws Wentz made. He didn't play that bad in 2014 before he got injured

Foles' problem is that he has no awareness whatsoever. He is the king of the strip sack. And he's basically a statue

Sign Kaepernick

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Throws yes.

Awareness and mobility no.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
If Trent "Useless sack of shite" Dilfer can win a SB then Nick Foles can to.

Before Kawalimus gets summoned to call me out for even mentioning a positive thing about the Ravens. Im not comparing the Eagles D to the Ravens 2000 D but they are good enough to carry this team out of a tricky spot (last night for example)

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Hold me...

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/940242278425284608

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

It's 100% a torn ACL because that's how Philadelphia sports works.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

triple cuck posted:

You're half right. It's 100% a torn ACL and also everyone's cars are getting repossessed or something. It's not Eagles football until the will to live has been completely squeezed out of you.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

It's not Philadelphia Sports until the will to live has been completely squeezed out of you.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
At least Dak has the superior knee. Wentz's knee was a fraud.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think Foles can make most of the throws Wentz made. He didn't play that bad in 2014 before he got injured

Foles' problem is that he has no awareness whatsoever. He is the king of the strip sack. And he's basically a statue

He has a career 5.6% sack rate, comparable to Carson's 5.5%

(this is me grasping at comps)

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Philadelphia is destined to lose the conference championship no matter who is QB, at least there will be an excuse for it for philly fans to hang their hat on this year

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

aBagorn posted:

He has a career 5.6% sack rate, comparable to Carson's 5.5%

(this is me grasping at comps)

In his less than a quarter of dropbacks yesterday, he got absolutely loving demolished, like, four times.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Toaster Beef posted:

In his less than a quarter of dropbacks yesterday, he got absolutely loving demolished, like, four times.

They were blizting more when Foles came in, hes a bit rusty and not as mobile. Also the O-line went kinda floppy for the first drive or two after Foles came in.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

When do we find out our dreams are crushed

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Pederson has a press conference in like 20 mins, so im guessing he'll have an update then.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, like I said in a different thread, the later in a season it happens, the more unlikely it looks like he'll be there week 1 the following season, and significant time missed then too is definitely not out of the question

Dude ACL is like a 2 month injury now these days.

He may not be as mobile next year but he'll be fine.

Cases like Sam Bradford are unique since he had his first of like 8 ACL surgeries when he was in the womb.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

CyberPingu posted:

They were blizting more when Foles came in, hes a bit rusty and not as mobile. Also the O-line went kinda floppy for the first drive or two after Foles came in.

Yeah, I'm not saying it was entirely his fault, I'm just trying to point out that his ability to sense oncoming pressure is maybe not at its peak right now. Dude's going to get walloped, especially if Vaitai folds like he has the past two weeks.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vaitai sucks but Wisnewski was also out yesterday.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Totally unconfirmed Reddit post saying early looks was that it was an ACL stretch, which could be 4 weeks.

Hope is a lie etc.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

Good eye. 3 hits and one sack, pretty much exclusively from the left side.

That's less of a problem if Wisniewski is back. Having to play Seumalo or Warmack there is going to be devastating.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
To be clear, I'm of the mindset that the Eagles are fine, albeit nowhere near as promising as they were before last night. Foles is a competent QB who just needs to play average ball. I don't expect they'll ride him to a Super Bowl, but this isn't the disaster it could have been if it all fell on the shoulders of fuckin' Nate Sudfeld.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Totally unconfirmed Reddit post saying early looks was that it was an ACL stretch, which could be 4 weeks.

Hope is a lie etc.

Doug just came on and said "torn ACL"

It's Nick's team now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rip

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Think of all the incredible plays Wentz made this year that were absolutely essential to the Eagles' victories. Foles isn't going to make any of those plays.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/940261681690759168
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/940265184043634688

I think Foles can do a decent job, but if this team had a QB only doing an decent job this season they'd probably be around .500.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

PFF is the loving worst

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Now to put all my hope and dreams into noted healthy player: Joel embiid

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

TRUMP 2020

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think Foles is going to sail fewer passes than Wentz. I'm interested to see what he looks like playing with Alshon and Nelson and Zach. I think that you obviously lose the big play factor, but I don't think the offensive production will dip too much, they will just need to change some of what they are doing.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I think eagles fans trying to turn this into a positive is very entertaining. Keep going!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

aBagorn posted:

Doug just came on and said "torn ACL"

It's Nick's team now.

Tough break for Wentz. Hope he can manage a full recovery.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The NFC East is pain.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also, I'm concerned about the defense, since it feels like they've been getting handled the past few weeks, specifically the secondary. Maybe it just looks that way, IDK.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple cuck posted:

lmao that the one season where most other (nfc) teams are not great enough that the eagles had a half decent shot at winning it all and now they won't

hate to doom and gloom but this was their window imo and a number of other nfc teams will be greatly improved next year

nothing matters

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Sickening posted:

I think eagles fans trying to turn this into a positive is very entertaining. Keep going!

Lmao no one sane is doing that.

The Eagles are a good football team that has a home playoff game and the inside track to a bye and HFA which is not out of the question for them to secure even with Nick Foles because they had actual good/great quarterback Carson Wentz for 13 of the games.

VVV OH THANK GOD, THE SILVER LINING.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What's also been lost in all this is Sidney Jones is starting to practice this week.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Gutted

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
the nfc east title tastes like ashes in my mouth

don't worry guys i'll use the good noose. :suicide:

axeil fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sickening posted:

:agreed: it's hilarious

Philadelphia Sports

• Locked thread