Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Actually it just got a new Super Robot Wars we're good for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I don't understand why Stardew Valley is being released on the Vita, months after it came out on the Vita 2.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

irlZaphod posted:

I don't understand why Stardew Valley is being released on the Vita, months after it came out on the Vita 2.

Gotta hit that large existing user base.

:downs:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

irlZaphod posted:

If I had to guess, sunk costs. If it’s already almost done, might as well finish it and try to recoup something.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A version with over 30 minutes of battery life.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stardew Valley is for everyone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

My vita battery is toasted at this point sadly, it barely holds a charge anymore

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

:gas:

Let the Vita die how it lived, coveted in anime boobs

average vita game

average vita owner

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

This is amazing and just brightened up a day that started badly. Thanks for that post :)

Saint Freak posted:

I have the model which was sold alongside Persona 4 with the OLED screen and I can play mostly anything for over 2 hours without reaching below 50%.

What model is yours?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 11, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

This is amazing and just brightened up a day that started badly. Thanks for that post :)

I have the model which was sold alongside Persona 4 with the OLED screen and I can play mostly anything for over 2 hours without reaching below 50%.

What model is yours?

I mean to say that the vita version is the version with over 30 minutes, as opposed to the switch version which is less than 30 minutes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You should try and make your lovely troll posts more comprehensible.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

I mean to say that the vita version is the version with over 30 minutes, as opposed to the switch version which is less than 30 minutes.

This would only make sense if the Switch’s battery life was less than 30 minutes, which it isn’t.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Pablo Gigante posted:

This would only make sense if the Switch’s battery life was less than 30 minutes, which it isn’t.

The only game I play undocked is picross, which is basically an excel simulator, and I get like an hour and a half. It's abysmal.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 11, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

The only game I play undocked is picross, which is basically an excel simulator, and I get like an hour and a half.
Uh have you considered that you may have a bad battery? If I was only playing Picross S my battery would probably last for days.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

The only game I play undocked is picross, which is basically an excel simulator, and I get like an hour and a half. It's abysmal.

Your switch seems to be broken

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe they have the brightness maxed out or something

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's a nintendo console so yeah, I assume it is broken/jank.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Renoistic posted:

"This bowl of pudding has a dog turd in it somewhere but the rest is good!"

I've given games like these a chance before and they've always been disappointing to say the least.

To be fair, that's a great way to describe Dadly Premonition, and I love Deadly Premonition.

Saint Freak posted:

I get around 3 hours on BotW, so it's probably a bad battery. Call Nintendo because it's probably still under warranty.

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 11, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

You should try and make your lovely troll posts more comprehensible.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Lol I get over two hours playing Skyrim in handheld mode, there's no fuckin' way you run it out on Picross that fast unless you've got the brightness cranked to max and you are playing it inside an active volcano causing thermal issues.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

Mods?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't think many people mod their Switches yet!!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Saint Freak posted:

Oooh, my bad. I haven't really paid attention to the switch yet. :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oooh, my bad. I haven't really paid attention to the switch yet. :)

If you enjoyed the Vita the switch is the Vita with a company that actually cares about supporting it. It's a hell of a console

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Switch can't be the Vita 2 yet because it doesn't have enough anime tiddies.

Not until the new Senran Kagura games come out, anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Have you seen Xenoblade Chronicles 2

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Switch can't be the Vita 2 yet because it doesn't have enough anime tiddies.

Not until the new Senran Kagura games come out, anyway.

My friend let me tell you about a little game called Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I don't want to buy a switch since I already own a vita and I'm broke. also, I hope all the jrpgs move to PC like god intended for all video games.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

If you enjoyed the Vita the switch is the Vita with a company that actually cares about supporting it. It's a hell of a console

It has a few titles (not titties) that look interesting for sure and apparently SMT 5 will be Switch exclusive so that's a sell on that alone.

I don't usually care for Nintendo consoles but switch seems to look pretty great.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Alder posted:

I don't want to buy a switch since I already own a vita and I'm broke. also, I hope all the jrpgs move to PC like god intended for all video games.

I really prefer playing RPGs on handheld tbh, it makes it more likely that I'll finish them

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Alder posted:

also, I hope all the jrpgs move to PC like god intended for all video games.

Same, and also that Durante gets to do the porting.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

PS Vita Nintendo Switch Discussion

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

It has a few titles (not titties) that look interesting for sure and apparently SMT 5 will be Switch exclusive so that's a sell on that alone.

I don't usually care for Nintendo consoles but switch seems to look pretty great.

As soon as I saw the announcement for SMT5, I was sold on it.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Tbh I am pretty disappointed in the switch so far but it is selling well so the future looks bright. *gazes at vita* ...so bright...

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Game systems with libraries that are 95% ports from other systems are the future.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Liver Disaster posted:

Game systems with libraries that are 95% ports from other systems are the future.

This describes basically every console in its first year, 1/10

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

I really prefer playing RPGs on handheld tbh, it makes it more likely that I'll finish them

Same

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Liver Disaster posted:

Vita was too far ahead of the curve by having titles that would eventually be ported to regular systems.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

mobage/gacha are the future.

im sorry but it's true :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I think the Switch has had an amazing first year