Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

Orange was who Kallen was fighting in the trailer so odds are pretty good on him at least. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a post-series-with-bits-of-plot-stapled-on thing though.

.. poo poo, I just realized, we escaped Gundam SEED again! Which I am almost sad about because they were goddamn hilarious with the Cross Ange cast.

Well we also didn't get 00 again, which is also sad because no more Heero/Setsuna bromance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
No Macross, not even the new one. So it seems like that franchise is just gone forever in the future as long as they keep doing these SEA translations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

No Macross, not even the new one. So it seems like that franchise is just gone forever in the future as long as they keep doing these SEA translations.

The copyright stuff expires in 2020, doesn't it?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Pretty happy to get Buddy Complex, it had a pretty good OST and a very insane Suzaku.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Only reason I'm thinking it's not post-series is one of the promotional bits of art had the Shinkirou on it. If they were doing post-series, I'd think 'the actual canon ending' would be a more interesting thing to play with, since you'd have Suzaku pretending to be Zero and stuff. Though I guess they could go with the canon ending and either have Suzaku in the Shinkirou or have Lelouch come out of nowhere at stage 50 going 'surprise'

While very true it also wouldn't be the first time a franchise has a 'final' ending and the SRW adaptation found excuse to bring back units. You know, I wonder if Cross Ange and Geass are going to be the two series paired up. They actually have enough similarities I could see it being pretty fun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Endorph posted:

The copyright stuff expires in 2020, doesn't it?

2021, but that ruling was back in 2013 and who knows what fuckery Harmony Gold will try by then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

While very true it also wouldn't be the first time a franchise has a 'final' ending and the SRW adaptation found excuse to bring back units. You know, I wonder if Cross Ange and Geass are going to be the two series paired up. They actually have enough similarities I could see it being pretty fun.
if kamina and lelouch can have a bromance, ange and kallen need a sismance

Tae posted:

2021, but that ruling was back in 2013 and who knows what fuckery Harmony Gold will try by then.
personally i hope harmony gold falls off a cliff

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

if kamina and lelouch can have a bromance, ange and kallen need a sismance

Ange and Lelouch have a very awkward conversation about wheelchair-bound younger sisters.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Two members of royalty, one used as a political bargaining chip before gaining magical powers, the other, sent to prison to have a really bad time because she didn't have magical powers, but then she did have magical song powers. The worst buddy cop show.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
What sticks out to me is that the stuff that isn't in space or some form of Gundam-adjacent seems heavy on the magic and over-science. Cross Ange, Nadia, Dunbine, I think Wataru, Code Geass, and in that context I'm going to argue for Mazinger and Gurren-Lagann (they're supers with ordinary bullshit super power sources, but they've got a bit of magic black box sauce instead of just being built by some genius). Hell, the bonus unit is now Cybuster.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Somewhat sad we didn't get Linebarrels with Cross Ange just because I could see Ange and Kouichi butting heads over everything until later when they just get into ridiculous competitions over kill counts. Also, their mechs are somewhat similar, teleporting super units that can kinda gently caress with space time shenanigans, I could see them sharing a lot of event stages.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

What sticks out to me is that the stuff that isn't in space or some form of Gundam-adjacent seems heavy on the magic and over-science. Cross Ange, Nadia, Dunbine, I think Wataru, Code Geass, and in that context I'm going to argue for Mazinger and Gurren-Lagann (they're supers with ordinary bullshit super power sources, but they've got a bit of magic black box sauce instead of just being built by some genius). Hell, the bonus unit is now Cybuster.

I hope that means we get another magic bullshit original like the Neo one.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Caphi posted:

You could probably include g-reco in this list too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im kind of hoping for a return to the old-school style where you pick a mech at the start, that was always fun for replays

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also with nadia in this one and yamato in v they have no excuse not to put captain tylor in the next one

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I also just noticed that Gundam: Beltorchika's Children is units only but CCA itself is not.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

They have basically the same plot so they can't really include both at the same time.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Maybe if we're all very good boys and girls we might get playable Nightingale.

Also one day they'll realize Daitarn is a bit long in the tooth by now.

One day.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
It's probably the cheapest series for them to use because they don't have to pay a voice guy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. I just realized Daitarn made it in without Zambot. That's weird. I wonder if they have some reason for it considering those two have been paired at the hip since they got combo attacks.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endorph posted:

also with nadia in this one and yamato in v they have no excuse not to put captain tylor in the next one

this was my thought the second I saw the Nadia logo on the screen

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I hope one day I see Bodacious Space Pirates make it in

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Pureauthor posted:

Maybe if we're all very good boys and girls we might get playable Nightingale.

Also one day they'll realize Daitarn is a bit long in the tooth by now.

One day.

Ok, quick question IRT Daitarn.
Has there ever been a more indestructible player unit in any SRW game that wasn't a flagship?

Also, not thrilled to see Cross Ange again.
Once was fine.
(Of note: I have no familiarity with the anime)

Stoked to see Mightgain back though.
Maito is my hero.

No Getter? I thought that a foundational series for SRW.

Wish they would put Gao Gai Gar into one of these so I can see what the big deal is.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 11, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh my god I love the cast list and I'm so mhype eeeeeee :allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

Has there ever been a more indestructible player unit in any SRW game that wasn't a flagship?

Flagship in what way? Because there are some goddamn invincible units out there, like 'take 10 HP damage from the final boss' invincible.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

ImpAtom posted:

Flagship in what way? Because there are some goddamn invincible units out there, like 'take 10 HP damage from the final boss' invincible.

Like "Just a mountain of HP and Armor"

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh my god I love the cast list and I'm so mhype eeeeeee :allears:

Ok, as somebody with little/no familiarity of any of the cast outside what was in V sell me on the new folks.
Except for Gurren Lagen. I don't need to get hype for drills. (Deng Ai might be my favorite Dynasty Warriors character)

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 11, 2017

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

Ok, quick question IRT Daitarn.

Also, not thrilled to see Cross Ange again.
Once was fine.
(Of note: I have no familiarity with the anime)

Stoked to see Mightgain back though.
Maito is my hero.

No Getter? I thought that a foundational series for SRW.

Wish they would put Gao Gai Gar into one of these so I can see what the big deal is.

I don't think they could put Gao Gai Gar into the same game as Gurren Lagann. Or if they did, they'd have to have some cutscene event combining the Goldion Hammer and the Giga Drill Breaker, but not an actual combo attack because we can't have real cross-series combos.

I too, am glad for no more SEED. BUt if the price we have to pay for that is Reco in G...

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
How many ships are we looking at here? It seems like we can count on the Nautilus, Isurugi, Dai Gurren, and at least one from UC. There's apparently a ship from Buddy Complex and I don't know if they have one in G-Reco.

It's actually kind of weird suddenly not having the Eternal, Ptolemaios, and Tuatha, but I'm sure we'll survive. Shin Dragon, though...

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
On the topic of Daitarn, wonder if we might get some actual plot for it this time around, seems to me the only reason to even bother keeping it around without Zambot to combo with

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Well I guess my long range sniper cheese from V isn't happening again. No FMP and Eva long range bullshit with multiple move and fire murder hits.

But I may be able to have King Kittan and goddamn Kieth Courage own face.

It'll do pig. It'll do.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

How many ships are we looking at here? It seems like we can count on the Nautilus, Isurugi, Dai Gurren, and at least one from UC. There's apparently a ship from Buddy Complex and I don't know if they have one in G-Reco.

It's actually kind of weird suddenly not having the Eternal, Ptolemaios, and Tuatha, but I'm sure we'll survive. Shin Dragon, though...

G-Reco has a carrier called the Megafauna which is pretty much assured to be in.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I'm pretty loving curious to see what my favorite lost boy Masaki is up to. Also if they've redone his entire moveset in a different animation style that'll be rad.

Oh god is Shu going to be in this?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Ange and Lelouch have a very awkward conversation about wheelchair-bound younger sisters.
And then afterwards, Klim Nick and Lelouch talk about their fathers.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Caphi posted:

I watched a digest for the second series, Wataru 2 (not included in this game), where Wataru and Ryujinmaru went into space by having a giant ACME-style cartoon fireworks rocket tied to its back with a lot of rope.

It's not out of the question.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Now that I think about it its a little weird that they're bringing R2 back but not throwing Akito the Exiled in there too.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
So you have time travel in your game

and you have Gurren Lagann

are you gonna tell me you absolutely have no way of using Buddy Complex's Supreme Time Fuckery to somehow transition between part 1 and 2 of Gurren Lagann and you'll only be using the latter

all you have to do is have said Time Fuckery engulf the newly founded Kamina City and there you go

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gyra_Solune posted:

So you have time travel in your game

and you have Gurren Lagann

are you gonna tell me you absolutely have no way of using Buddy Complex's Supreme Time Fuckery to somehow transition between part 1 and 2 of Gurren Lagann and you'll only be using the latter

all you have to do is have said Time Fuckery engulf the newly founded Kamina City and there you go
Eh the time fuckery in Buddy Complex has to be a very specific amount of time to make any sense that might not work with Gurren Lagann.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Getsuya posted:

Is Nadia going to be the first time they have a series where the main character doesn’t pilot anything capable of combat?

Edit: holy crap the SRW V tcg is $7 for a box of 150 cards. I’m buying this poo poo.

Yo where is that on sale I'm interested

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Also its kind of a shame Unicorn isn't in because that would have been a good excuse to give Mask his Phenex from the CGI short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Yo where is that on sale I'm interested

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01MQYAIC0/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2CT82U5670OWL&colid=3LLC6UPB6TBA0&psc=0

Also most of the OG boxes on Amazon run about $15.

• Locked thread