Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams will be without 1 starting corner against the Seahawks, Kayvon Webster ruptured his Achilles. Trumaine Johnson is in the concussion protocol as well so he's probably out next week too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams will be without 1 starting corner against the Seahawks, Kayvon Webster ruptured his Achilles. Trumaine Johnson is in the concussion protocol as well so he's probably out next week too.

Hopefully the Seahawks will be without half their defensive line, so it may balance out.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Boombox update:

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/939916766565855237

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

If the Seahawks beat the Rams we can win the division, and then immediately bounce out of the playoffs when it turns out that Russell Wilson can't carry the entire team on his back.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Peachfart posted:

If the Seahawks beat the Rams we can win the division, and then immediately bounce out of the playoffs when it turns out that Russell Wilson can't carry the entire team on his back.

That should be obvious. Most of the guys on his team are well over six feet tall, and trying to carry even one of them on his back would just be awkward as hell.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol we aint gonna beat the Rams. Sheldon and Bennett gonna get suspended, Wagner will be out with a hammy. Baldwin gonna have a groin injury.

Only death is certain.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Peachfart posted:

You could flip the teams and replace Russell Wilson with Todd Gurley and this statement would still be 100% true

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

You could flip the teams and replace Russell Wilson with Todd Gurley and this statement would still be 100% true

Nah, Gurley's 6'1". He could carry most of his team without a problem.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Coldforge posted:

Nah, Gurley's 6'1". He could carry most of his team without a problem.

:discourse:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Help, need AV text:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Coldforge posted:

Help, need AV text:

#10 on the field, 10/10 in your hearts

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Coldforge posted:

Help, need AV text:

Cornerbacks & panties are both quivering.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Truth, Justice, and the Niners Way

Nov 6, 2002

Almost Too Handsome

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty Good

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
You bet, kid!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I didn't even hear about all the bullshit after the last conversion until late last night, jesus christ Hawks no wonder everybody hates us

Can't believe Sheldon and Bennett weren't suspended, especially since that's the only noteworthy thing they did the whole game

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Manoueverable posted:

I didn't even hear about all the bullshit after the last conversion until late last night, jesus christ Hawks no wonder everybody hates us

Can't believe Sheldon and Bennett weren't suspended, especially since that's the only noteworthy thing they did the whole game

Is it out for sure that they won't be? Out of the two, I thought Bennett's move was way more disgraceful. It certainly looked like a calculated attempt to injure a player during victory formation, which goes against literally all of the hot air the NFL is putting out about protecting players. That move was just disgusting. It looked retarded too, like a big old baby rolling around on his back lol. He really isn't getting even a one game for that?

e: wow yes I guess that's true? That's pretty foolish. If someone had been injured on that play, he probably would've gotten multiple games

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/940328357425754114

lol they're getting a slap on the wrist. I'm sure that will deter dirty play in the future.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
If Gronk gets one game for attempted murder, I don't see Bennett getting suspended, especially for an upcoming game that is huge for division placement, and will probably be even more violent than this week's game.
It's been said time an again, but the NFL doesn't actually give a poo poo about player safety.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
After what happen to Savage yesterday (I mean goddamn dude was having seizures and coughing blood) Yeah I mean it's been there before but goddamn at least be subtle and not full blown blatant.

Like they aren't even trying at this point at caring about player safety.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 12, 2017

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Benny the Snake posted:

Truth, Justice, and the Niners Way

Go with this one.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Quest for Six Wins in One Season

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Thirsty for a Garoppoload

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AWhite_73/status/940391990121951232

Which is, according to twitter, the Y motion, followed by the first play, if they don't like the coverage they see with the motion they can it and run the second play.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Some great options, but I ignored them. Thanks all!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Coldforge posted:

Some great options, but I ignored them. Thanks all!

Haha I saw that tweet and came here to post it but you beat me too it!

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

algebra testes posted:

https://twitter.com/AWhite_73/status/940391990121951232

Which is, according to twitter, the Y motion, followed by the first play, if they don't like the coverage they see with the motion they can it and run the second play.

I really don’t understand why teams still use terminology this obtuse. It’s not like they actually run the five trillion technically different plays that level of granularity makes possible. Everyone basically uses the same basic concepts. Really seems like an erhardt perkins terminology system is more efficient and effective.

If nothing else everyone gets the same 40 seconds.

I mean really, how many different plays does any team actually run over a season? A hundred? I doubt it’s even that high.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I really don’t understand why teams still use terminology this obtuse. It’s not like they actually run the five trillion technically different plays that level of granularity makes possible. Everyone basically uses the same basic concepts. Really seems like an erhardt perkins terminology system is more efficient and effective.

If nothing else everyone gets the same 40 seconds.

I mean really, how many different plays does any team actually run over a season? A hundred? I doubt it’s even that high.

It's harder on the QB, but easier on everyone else, basically. Every player gets told exactly what they're supposed to do, so less chance of "being on the wrong page" irt the playcall (still can gently caress up any post-snap adjustments, of course)

Nov 6, 2002

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I really don’t understand why teams still use terminology this obtuse.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
JFC, watching this on broadcast, I had no idea Foster did this:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/940416481153732610

:vince:

That poor O-lineman is going to be hearing about that for years.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Coldforge posted:

JFC, watching this on broadcast, I had no idea Foster did this:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/940416481153732610

:vince:

That poor O-lineman is going to be hearing about that for years.

Plays like that in late-season, garbage-time wins are worth giving up the draft position. He's coming back next season knowing that the system works and wins games.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

looks more like the tackle is slow getting there because he has to do a swim move around the guards rear end

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Manoueverable posted:

tyler brayton kneed jerramy stevens so hard, the seahawks would become the raiders a decade later.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

looks more like the tackle is slow getting there because he has to do a swim move around the guards rear end

Watch it again. He's only "late" because Foster reads the snap so perfectly that he's moving before everyone else, and the impact brings him to a dead stop right in Ellington's path. Aaron Lynch certainly did his part by tossing the TE in the way, too.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

59 probably made the more impressive play tbh, foster doesn't really do anything to impact the play. if he gets blocked then short of a hulk pancake block the tackle is only like a foot farther outside and the tight end is a 6 food wide hurdle directly in front of the back

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

watch the running back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfjqh1dzc8#t=110

edit: man it's insane how well those a gap blitzes worked with d. washington

hifi fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 12, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I’m just going to start laughing now and I’ll stop sometime tomorrow or maybe Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Happy one year anniversary of Jeff Fisher getting fired!!!!!

• Locked thread