Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I ask every player if their mom was a prostitute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm the scout who puts Josh Allen in the discussion for QB1 because Arm Strength.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm the scout who puts Josh Allen in the discussion for QB1 because Arm Strength.

somebody didn't learn from the Terrelle Pryor debacle

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The Shutdown Fullcast guys posited that Josh Allen and Sam Darnold intentionally tanked their seasons so they would be drafted by better teams

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The Big Jesus posted:

So just keep kicking the can on getting a real o-line then?

They'll probably grab a OL project in the 5th-7th round, but consider:

- Britt got an extension
- Brown is probably back next year
- Fant should be back from his ACL injury
- Pocic has been okay as a rookie

Joeckel will probably be gone as he wasn't impressive, the team will probably ride out Ifedi, which struggles from false starting all the time.

Seattle has all their money tied up in other things, so basically I've just come to accept that their line won't be the best. Wilson won a super bowl behind a merely not terrible line.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I'm the scout who checks birthday party attendance

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Here's how you become a scout in the NFL:

1. Apply to regional scouting firms that NFL Franchises employ
2. Have college football history. If you're a former NFL player they just skip the whole scouting thing and go straight to front office jobs.
3. Say stupid poo poo like he doesn't have a NFL face

There's a reason why really good GMs use the same scouts year after year and really bad teams tend to replace all their scouts when a new GM comes in. It's a pure entry level job into the NFL.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also I believe having an ugly girlfriend means you're going to be a really good QB re Phillip Rivers

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Can I be a hot girlfriend to a QB and a judgemental NFL scout at the same time? Asking for a friend.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Loopy motion. Bad face. Overrated.

New thread title please.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

warcrimes posted:

Loopy motion. Bad face. Overrated.

New thread title please.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Which is more important: A good football name or a good football face?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I just took a look at some tape for all of those top draft QBs and I gotta say Lamar Jackson looks like the best fit for the NFL to me. Josh Rosen a close second, but he stares down receivers in a way that would be punished severely by NFL defenses. He had a lot more than Jackson in terms of pocket protection as well. I think Jackson's throwing can develop a lot further in the NFL while most of the other guys have flaws that would make a rookie starting season at least very difficult.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm the guy who thought Deshaun Watson's accuracy would keep him from ever developing into a starting QB so I don't even know what to look at with passers anymore.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm the guy who thought Deshaun Watson's accuracy would keep him from ever developing into a starting QB so I don't even know what to look at with passers anymore.

Hello

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What do you mean "Hello"? We're old friends. I'm also the guy who thought And-E was elite.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Hi will eagles get gooder oline this offseason thanks

VERY excited for local shitheels that should be sent to Alabama to wail and nash to trade everything for barkley. gently caress the Roy Moore Institute of Pennsylvania and all the stupid morons that jump right on that bandwagon even though Harrisburg is not anywhere near Philadelphia.

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 10, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Asproigerosis posted:

Hi will eagles get gooder oline this offseason thanks

VERY excited for local shitheels that should be sent to Alabama to wail and nash to trade everything for barkley. gently caress the Roy Moore Institute of Pennsylvania and all the stupid morons that jump right on that bandwagon even though Harrisburg is not anywhere near Philadelphia.
What does Harrisburg have to do with Penn State / your dumb rant?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What does Harrisburg have to do with Penn State / your dumb rant?

Harrisburg is traditionally Steelers or Ravens territory

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm the guy who sizes up how hot the player's girlfriends are to deduce the player's mental toughness.

"Too beta to be the franchise player, IMO."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah, I thought he'd suck a bit too, like Jake Locker.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
jake locker had the problem of "doesn't actually know how to play football"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

corn on the cop posted:

jake locker had the problem of "doesn't actually know how to play football"

I don't know about that, he was never the worst starter in the league, just kinda lovely.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Harrisburg is traditionally Steelers or Ravens territory
I'm aware of that (I'm from eastern PA) but I guess I just dont understand what he is getting at by referencing Harrisburg, State College, and Philly all in one angry sentence about Barkley.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Probably Magic posted:

I don't know about that, he was never the worst starter in the league, just kinda lovely.

he's the prototypical "athlete who can't read defenses" who managed to stay in the league four seasons because he was white

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I don't remember him being an interception machine, just as someone who was inaccurate as gently caress who got dinged out of the league, but that phase of Titans was so joyless to watch that it's entirely possible I'm not remembering it right from it fading in my memory.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Locker was not good but he showed just enough that you wonder what if he wasn't made of glass

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How does the RB depth look this draft? I'm so tired of the Lions having such a garbage-rear end run game year after year after year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GobiasIndustries posted:

How does the RB depth look this draft? I'm so tired of the Lions having such a garbage-rear end run game year after year after year.

You will spend another second-round pick on a :swoon: SPARQ FREAK :swoon: who can't stay healthy or push a pile to save his life, and you will like it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lions definitely need a power back (close cousin to the power bottom, except different in every way) and I don't think there's anything really notable coming up. IMO, Abdullah is perfectly okay as a speed back, but he will never bring it up the middle which really closes up your options.

I think the Lions would be better off surfing for affordable free agents and building them up with good coaching. Then again for that you need good coaching, so maybe paying a bit more on that end will reap dividends. There's quite a few areas they need to work on, though.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

The Lions rushing ineptitude at this point seems like more of a scheme or offensive line issue than a skill player issue.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DariusLikewise posted:

The Lions rushing ineptitude at this point seems like more of a scheme or offensive line issue than a skill player issue.

It's been an issue for a couple decades honestly, ever since Barry ran straight from the field into retirement. Seriously they've been among the worst in the league across a number of coaches.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah that's kind of what I'm getting at. I mean I think some of the inside running backs in the league could definitely make something happen there, but those are all big-name expensive players that may not be interested in playing there or that the Lions can't afford. But the primary problem to me seems like the inside blocking by O-line and tight ends.

On the positives, their coverage looks decent. But pass rush also needs some work. Kind of a lot of holes to fill for one off-season, especially with a quarterback they have to pay a lot to but can't possibly do without.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Everyone says if Jake Locker had come out the year before he would have been a top three pick or so, but I really wonder how he would have holed up at the combine.

Like the first time a coach asked him what defense he was looking at....

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I remember being really excited about jahvid best before he concussed himself into oblivion

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

I remember being really excited about jahvid best before he concussed himself into oblivion

"he landed on his back"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyv4du7BTOc

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Ah yes, the classic "classic fencing response"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It begins.

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/940970738613391360

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm the guy who was convinced that Watson would correctly drop to the 3rd or 4th round and have a Geno Smith career trajectory

Thankfully there's really easy to rank prospects this year with Rosen, Jackson, and Darnold *watches Josh Allen become a superstar and Baker Mayfield turn into the next Drew Brees*

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Flunky mechanics and a flair for the dramatic on top of a winning college QB sounds like a recipe for a bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54xVcK8dAJU

• Locked thread