Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Casimir Radon posted:

Some kid crying about being bullied. A bunch of celebrities gave him stuff but now it looks like his mom is pretty racist, maybe him too.

I don't know, I have sympathy and a little hope for children that have racist parents, because they didn't choose who raises them and don't really have an out.

Problem is that there's only a small window where they have the capacity to realize that they're being indoctrinated while still kids, and indoctrination by parental figures unfortunately lays a really loving solid foundation for entrenched racism and hatred. Once the kid grows up to be a racist adult shitlord, there's unfortunately a very limited bag of options outside of saying "gently caress that racist shitlord".

gently caress that mom right now, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Casimir Radon posted:

Some kid crying about being bullied. A bunch of celebrities gave him stuff but now it looks like his mom is pretty racist, maybe him too.

:laffo:

a bunch of celebs invited him to movie premiers too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

rofl that viral bully video from the weekend has done a 180. I guess the kid was bullied for being racist to black kids so lol to the people who donated to that. 2017 yall

Lmfao he should get a job with project veritas

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Richard Spencer and the rest of the alt-right have found their new funding strategy.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

a bunch of celebs invited him to movie premiers too

*Chris Evans sits futiley trying to hide his face behind his hand as the tween next to him throws Nazi salutes and Seig Heils for the two and a half hour run time of Avengers:Infinity War. Knowing full well he still has to take hin out for ice cream afterwards.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

my kinda ape posted:

Since he's a complete egomaniac there's pretty much no circumstance where he would step down voluntarily. And since the only people capable of removing him clearly don't give a flying gently caress about sexual assault allegations that's not going to happen either.

The only sexual assault thing that could bring down Trump would be clear video of him doing something really egregious. Or consensual and piss related. Maybe.

Dead girls or live boys.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

my kinda ape posted:

Since he's a complete egomaniac there's pretty much no circumstance where he would step down voluntarily. And since the only people capable of removing him clearly don't give a flying gently caress about sexual assault allegations that's not going to happen either.

The only sexual assault thing that could bring down Trump would be clear video of him doing something really egregious. Or consensual and piss related. Maybe.

lol the piss tape reveal will only result in chuds videotaping themselves getting peed on to own the libs.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Kazinsal posted:

Apparently for a brief moment the kid's mom's facebook had something on it about the kid being beat up for calling black kids the N word.

Whether this is true or not I don't know, but honestly seeing this rabbit hole... :heritage:

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/he-went-viral-because-of-bullying-but-keaton-jones-mot-1821184917

Mega milkshake duck.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

A woman decided to smoke a cigarette in the bathroom of a Southwest flight, making sure to disable the smoke detector beforehand. When told to stop, she threatened to kill everyone onboard, and was subsequently arrested.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e%2Fin-the-news

My favorite part is that she did literally the two things they specifically tell you that you cannot do during the pre-flight safety demonstration.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Portland to Sacramento is what, like an hour long flight? She's obviously crazy but could you just wait to smoke

edit: 90 minutes but still lol

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

FastestGunAlive posted:

I can’t believe the grown man in the diaper didn’t take off as a meme

He probably saw it as an opportunity to experiment with a fetish and ran with it.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

*Chris Evans sits futiley trying to hide his face behind his hand as the tween next to him throws Nazi salutes and Seig Heils for the two and a half hour run time of Avengers:Infinity War. Knowing full well he still has to take hin out for ice cream afterwards.

kid leans over and whispers heil hydra

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

this kid is gonna get turbo bullied for crying on social media about how no one likes him because he's a racist

edit: if thats what happened. The year is 2017 and middle school is being written about in news articles lol

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

Suicide bomber had a fizzle in a crowded pedistrian tunnel and blew his own dick off; only injury so far is to bomber and he's probably gonna live.

If device had functioned properly, welp

Did he actually blow off his own dick?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

Ya know, if anyone may be able to get through to him, it’s Captain America

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Retardog posted:

Ya know, if anyone may be able to get through to him, it’s Captain America

Captain America is fascist these days, get with the times grandpa.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Syncopated posted:

Captain America is fascist these days, get with the times grandpa.

I must’ve missed that movie (cause they’re all that really matter anymore).

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Retardog posted:

I must’ve missed that movie (cause they’re all that really matter anymore).

It's in the comics. I don't read them, but apparently they've gone into some really weird places.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Comedy interlude: https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/940312791155707905

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We're another Mt. Gox away from an economic collapse

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I don't understand Bitcoin and don't think I ever will. I guess if you're going to go broke it should be from a cryptocurrency and not buying virtual spaceships.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's in the comics. I don't read them, but apparently they've gone into some really weird places.

Oh I was just makin a joke. I know about Secret Empire. I didn’t read it either, cause most superhero comics are garbage.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Wasn't the time to buy like >5 years ago and not right loving now when it's over $16k?

I'm joking it was never the right time

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

I don't understand Bitcoin and don't think I ever will. I guess if you're going to go broke it should be from a cryptocurrency and not buying virtual spaceships.

not trying to be insulting but its fairly easy to understand. People see this graph going up and get told if you had invested 100 dollars back when it started you'd be a millionaire! They have no real understanding of how to invest, or that stocks generally increase by the company increasing its own value.

The real irony is that if someone bitcoin did supplant FIAT CURRENCY it would be terrible for the economy. No one would invest in new businesses, because its impossible for an investment to show the same (theoretical) rate of returns that bitcoin is. The economy depends on growth but that would come to a screeching halt as any investment opportunity not guaranteeing 20% yearly returns would be dismissed out of hand.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Wasn't the time to buy like >5 years ago and not right loving now when it's over $16k?

bitcoin has only ever been the right time to buy when looking at the past, never the current.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
:tinfoil: Don't be fooled by the bitcoin coverage. They need a fall guy for the looming bubble crisis. :tinfoil:

I mean, poo poo. Bernie almost rode that rage-wave to victory.. 8 years after the fact!

Gonna be blood this time.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Bitcoin only exists because of human stupidity.

Needless to say we should probably all go long.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The people investing right now are the ones that put all of their money on red because the last 10 spins have been red

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Nick Soapdish posted:

I need that clip of Steve Carell desperately struggling to understand derivatives from The Big Short.

Edit: there we are except replace CDO with Bitcoin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A25EUhZGBws

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is there any instrument that allows you to short bitcoin

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This is like all those idiots who thought they'd make millions flipping houses in their spare time, but much much dumber.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Not outside the bitcoin ecosystem of questionable exchanges that change banks every couple or of weeks.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Not directly, it's not an actual security so you can't really short it, and if it was a properly regulated security it wouldn't be nearly as active because one of the bigger exchanges is puffing the price up through a big ol' ponzi called Tether and allowing wash trades so people can just manipulate the price upward by trading with themselves.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Nick Soapdish posted:

It's beanie babies. You don't have to think any harder than that.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

quote:

allowing wash trades

this is just straight fraud

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

FAUXTON posted:

Not directly, it's not an actual security so you can't really short it, and if it was a properly regulated security it wouldn't be nearly as active because one of the bigger exchanges is puffing the price up through a big ol' ponzi called Tether and allowing wash trades so people can just manipulate the price upward by trading with themselves.

Actually, as of Sunday, you can.

You have no idea how much this amuses me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Yes and no. You can do some margin trading on bitfinex, but it's also likely insolvent and is very much magic the gathering online exchange part 2.0 with even more illegal/shady poo poo going on.

There are two different agencies offering bitcoin futures right now but one of them does not currently allow short positions, iirc.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hexyflexy posted:

It's probably a good way to find out if your finance guy is worth a poo poo or not.

"we just moved some of your portfolio into bitcoin it's really hot right n- you're fired

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

Am I reading that correct in that there have been 15 trades total so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I see so many “experts” on twitter talking about how it’s the future, but nobody can explain how you use it legally.
I’m not wrong in assuming that it’s a bad currency when you have to pay a big transaction fee and you can’t even buy a pizza with it?

• Locked thread