Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

a new study bible! posted:

Also, I'm concerned about the defense, since it feels like they've been getting handled the past few weeks, specifically the secondary. Maybe it just looks that way, IDK.

Agreed but they've also gone up against two of the best offenses the past two weeks. Their tackling needs some goddamn work for sure though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

bring me oil and torches :suicide:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:rip: nfceast for this season

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's not even fun to watch back up quarterbacks win. For me at least. Idk.

It's a shame because that game yesterday was incredibly good.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Now to put all my hope and dreams into noted healthy player: Joel embiid

try this guy instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZRt7zpXQIM

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

It's all about showcasing Foles' ability so Howie can flip him for an OT.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's good too. I enjoy his ability to dunk all the time.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

The only way this season is still a fun one to remember is if it becomes The Nick Foles redemption tour.

It will not. All has fallen into shadow and doom

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Foles goes full Joe Flacco in the playoffs, wins SB, gets traded to Browns for a couple 1sts

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/940269466608390155

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
best case scenario for non-eagles fans: Foles plays out of his mind for the rest of the season but the eagles lose in conference championship game, leading to a quarterback controversy that carries into the regular season and ultimately destroys team chemistry. the eagles miss the playoffs next year

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

b-minus1 posted:

best case scenario for non-eagles fans: Foles plays out of his mind for the rest of the season but the eagles lose in conference championship game, leading to a quarterback controversy that carries into the regular season and ultimately destroys team chemistry. the eagles miss the playoffs next year

lol, if Foles plays out of his mind for the rest of this season and into the playoffs he's going to be traded for draft picks so, so quickly

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

comedy option: foles plays out of his loving mind, the eagles win the super bowl, then the eagles trade foles to the browns for their first overall pick

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

triple cuck posted:

comedy option: foles plays out of his loving mind, the eagles win the super bowl, then the eagles trade foles to the browns for their whole 1st round haul

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

All Foles has to do is play competently and they can trade him for picks. The league is so starved for reliable quarterbacks.

But I’m still holding out hope for a Kaep signing.

Edit -

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeSielski/status/940254563931627520?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ah yes, there's the bitter taste of broken dreams. I thought this season was missing something.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lurie would ok Kaep if Howie wanted to .

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Am I a stupid dumb poo poo mother fucker for having optimism for the next giants season? Engram has looked really good, defense is passable, if we can get an o line or a running back or both we're right back to mediocre baby!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Eagles basically need to become the Vikings.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

gently caress it, all in. Foles is our quaterback. They'll sculpt the playbook around his strengths. They have enough playmakers on offense to get it done. It might not be as flashy and you'll probably see less 4th and short calls, but gently caress it. If Case loving Keenum can do what he's done, then why not Napoleon Dynamite. gently caress it. He's a deliciously average quarterback, but he's our deliciously average quarterback.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is this the bargaining stage of grief .

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

that's my quarterback

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Is this the bargaining stage of grief .

either that or Denial

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Climb aboard the Fole Train

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

former pro bowler, 7 touchdowns in one game, POLK HIGH

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Gay Horney posted:

Am I a stupid dumb poo poo mother fucker for having optimism for the next giants season? Engram has looked really good, defense is passable, if we can get an o line or a running back or both we're right back to mediocre baby!

Yes, you should be optimistic for the draft.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Gay Horney posted:

Who do you think will be the team's Quarterback when you have these daydreams?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
tomorrow I am mailing a letter to howie roseman. The letter will consist of one sheet of paper with the words SIGN KAEPERNICK scrawled on it, nothing else.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

I'm very outside whatever is happening with the giants but everything I hear makes it sound like :supaburn: so very likely.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

shyduck posted:

former pro bowler, 7 touchdowns in one game, POLK HIGH

Al Bundy only managed 4 at Polk High.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

TheChirurgeon posted:

Who do you think will be the team's Quarterback when you have these daydreams?

Kirk Cousins.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

tomorrow I am mailing a letter to howie roseman. The letter will consist of one sheet of paper with the words SIGN KAEPERNICK scrawled on it, nothing else.

Dude it's already December. You realize Kaepernick is an idiot, right? Not because of his political stances, which I agree with, but he's just dumb. There's no way he could step into a new offense and learn more than a few plays at this point.

e: that said, I guess I'd be in favor of it just for the statement it would make, and because the season is probably lost anyway. But I have no illusions that Kaepernick would contribute at all.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 11, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Al Bundy only managed 4 at Polk High.
Greatest fullback in Polk High history

Re: Kaep

If this was like, week 3, I'd be all about it, but I feel like at this stage it would be too much, too late. Foles knows the offense and has shown in the past he isn't complete poo poo like some of the other QBs that have been trotted out in the league this year. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Kaep brought in as a backup. If Foles gets hurt, the season is absolutely over. But asking for Kaep to be a starter at this moment is too much to ask.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 11, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

Kirk Cousins.

Just curious, putting aside injuries, and assuming the same quarterback, do you think the Giants are better than the Redskins?

I don't.

I realize it's New York and it's one of the greatest cities in the world and everything, but why would any FA quarterback want to play behind that offensive line?

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Yes, Virginia, I do believe in Saint Nick leading us to a 1 and done in the playoffs.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Fans of the non-playoff NFC East teams may enjoy this audio of an Eagles fan crying on a call-in sports radio show:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2017/12/wip-caller-has-complete-meltdown-on-the-air-with-angelo-cataldi.html

I'm just guessing. I didn't listen to it myself.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm ready for Foles in my holes.

Really though my expectations at this point have gone from Superbowl appearance to probable divisional round bounce or likely conference round embaressment, depending on the opponent.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

:siren:Eagles in talks with Kaepernick, per source close to the situation.:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maybe Malcom Jenkins can teach him how to vote.

• Locked thread