Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Christ, a lot of celebrities got suckered in by this and I had a bad feeling from the beginning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That racist kid's racist mom also started a gofundme lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I saw Jeri Ryan post support for him like 5 minutes ago. Word hasn't spread yet

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I saw Jeri Ryan post support for him like 5 minutes ago. Word hasn't spread yet

She's a mom. You can't use moms on the Internet to gauge whether something has spread yet. They're still posting ice bucket videos.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lobok posted:

She's a mom. You can't use moms on the Internet to gauge whether something has spread yet. They're still posting ice bucket videos.

No they dont. They post racist minion memes

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Someone else started that for them.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mr Hootington posted:

Holy poo poo, lmao

https://twitter.com/JoeyKimber/status/940281932037918720

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that kid named after Michael Keaton or the Japanese folklore Kitsune mask from Zelda

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
dumb loving nerds are spreading around a rumor that disney wont actually get the Fantastic Four back :bang:

really hoping this is just clickbait bullshit

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Race Realists posted:

dumb loving nerds are spreading around a rumor that disney wont actually get the Fantastic Four back :bang:

really hoping this is just clickbait bullshit

It's possibly true.

Fox doesn't have the F4 rights, a company called Constantin Film does.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Haha who the hell are they? Was Fox just renting the rights from them?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Haha who the hell are they? Was Fox just renting the rights from them?

Yes, they gave Fox an exclusive deal to use them.

Apparently that's how badly Marvel needed cash back then. They sold the rights to some West German production company seemingly best known for distributing The Neverending Story in West Germany for about $250k.

Edit: Actually the time frame doesn't add up to when Marvel was desperate. They just sold the movie rights to a nobody studio for nothing because....?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 11, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Endless Mike posted:

Well. According to the person that shared those photos, the kid wasn't so much bullied as the other kid was standing up to him repeatedly calling him the N-word.

https://twitter.com/Candi_AppleRed1/status/940232279770705920

So SHIELD was actually Hydra the whole time…

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
This whole thing is depressing and I hate the world.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rantmo posted:

At this point the subtext is so prominent and obvious (depending on the writer of course) that it's almost disingenuous to call it subtextual. I don't know why no one has just come out, as it were, and made it a formal, textual thing. I mean, come on.

Yea, it seems odd, and its not like there are other big Magik fans it might upset.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Haha the mom took down all her racist FB poo poo but left up a link to her GoFundMe or whatever, America is like funhouse mirror hellworld and it's poetic Captain America got suckered too. Situations like this make me wish Aaron McGruder still made The Boondocks on Adult Swim

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Jamesman posted:

This whole thing is depressing and I hate the world.

Maybe if we're lucky, the meteor that is supposed to go by the Earth on Christmas will smash into us and we won't have to deal with this dumb bullshit anymore. :woop:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Uhg, that sucks. How do you back out of that?

Change it to free tickets to the Black Panther premier.

Retro Futurist posted:

Just send him to the Luke Cage Season 2 premier instead

You fucker.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Now people are mad at Chris Evans for not doing his research and inadvertently supporting racist behavior.

Because it's Chris' fault that he, like the millions of folks that shared this and made him aware of it, took it on good faith that this moment of a child crying wasn't a white supremacist scam. Because that's a thing we need to worry about now.

gently caress everything.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

BiggerBoat posted:

This is real good though, they could even play it off like "why wait for Avengers!"

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I mean if you're more excited for Infinity War than Black Panther your brain is wrong

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Autism Sneaks posted:

Haha the mom took down all her racist FB poo poo but left up a link to her GoFundMe or whatever, America is like funhouse mirror hellworld and it's poetic Captain America got suckered too. Situations like this make me wish Aaron McGruder still made The Boondocks on Adult Swim

I maintain that The Boondocks's Harambe episode would have been loving great.

BiggerBoat posted:

Ahaha.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

So SHIELD was actually Hydra the whole time…

See! Hickman writes the best twists in comics! :colbert:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

mycot posted:

I maintain that The Boondocks's Harambe episode would have been loving great.

Ahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_rLRP709zU&t=33s

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Good ol milkshake duck

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

why did this guy steal milkshake duck but make it worse

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

He can't invite the kid because then the message becomes "act like a racist twat and get rewarded by white celebraty". What about the kid that got called racial slurs? Why should he get to see his tormenter be rewarded for being a racist? He should just back out. Kids getting lots of attention from alt right assholes anyways (think I

This is why you clear this stuff with your PR team and don't go off half-cocked

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

McCloud posted:

He can't invite the kid because then the message becomes "act like a racist twat and get rewarded by white celebraty". What about the kid that got called racial slurs? Why should he get to see his tormenter be rewarded for being a racist? He should just back out. Kids getting lots of attention from alt right assholes anyways (think I

This is why you clear this stuff with your PR team and don't go off half-cocked

He can still bring the kid to the premier and tell the mother to just stay at her hotel.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think he should just rescind the invitation. Having such a cool treat that most people never get to experience taken away almost immediately is punishment enough for being a racist poo poo.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Spacebump posted:

He can still bring the kid to the premier and tell the mother to just stay at her hotel.

So the kid calls his classmate a racial slur and gets to meet celebrities.
Classmate gets racial slurs hurled at him and gets to see his bully rewarded

This is good because...?!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Roth posted:

I think he should just rescind the invitation. Having such a cool treat that most people never get to experience taken away almost immediately is punishment enough for being a racist poo poo.

I agree.

Although I'd be cool if they posted a video of Cap lecturing the kid (and his mom) and include the other child that Keaton hurled racial slurs at.

Autism Sneaks posted:

Trump era Boondocks would be loving amazing. Especially with the alt-right rise. I really miss Huey Freeman. :(

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Invite both kids and make them re enact civil war. uhh the movie one

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Koalas March posted:

Trump era Boondocks would be loving amazing. Especially with the alt-right rise. I really miss Huey Freeman. :(

I never got around to watching the last season because McG leaving and having no hand in its production made me worry about the quality. Is it worth it or should I let my canon end with the season 3 finale mocking 24?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Invite both kids and make them re enact civil war. uhh the movie one

Make him read Civil War 2.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Can people who donated to the mom's GoFundMe get their money back?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

I never got around to watching the last season because McG leaving and having no hand in its production made me worry about the quality. Is it worth it or should I let my canon end with the season 3 finale mocking 24?

tbh I don't think I watched the last season either.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Autism Sneaks posted:

Noooo, season 4 is like really bad. Just leave with the happy memories of Jack Flowers kicking people in the nuts.

Uncle rucus gets way too much focus and they just use him for slurs, and Grandad is more of the focus than Huey and Riley . Huey is mostly in the background in Season 4. It' sucks.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 12, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Aphrodite posted:

Make him read Civil War 2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shindragon posted:

Noooo, season 4 is like really bad. Just leave with the happy memories of Jack Flowers kicking people in the nuts.

Uncle rucus gets way too much focus and they just use him for slurs, and Grandad is more of the focus than Huey and Riley . Huey is mostly in the background in Season 4. It' sucks.

Yeah, the McGruder-less season of The Boondocks loving sucked.

Also Hugh Jackman has weighed in on the Disney/Fox thing and has said that while it would have been fun he made his choice and will stay out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
More like Hugh J’bummer

• Locked thread