Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Roth posted:

People don't actually think I pirate, do they?

No we've seen what you purchase each week in the other thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pubic works project posted:

No we've seen what you purchase each week in the other thread!

Well, we've seen what he says he's getting!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Endless Mike posted:

Well, we've seen what he says he's getting!

You're right. We need to see pictures of the receipts.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'll just post my longboxes that I gave up on keeping organized :v:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My current to read pile is still in the bag from the shop. It’s... big. There might be like two or three months of comics in there. I should probably just kill my subs but I just buy some random indie stuff and Young Animal and I kind feel like supporting with my dollars is worth it in those cases

Though what exactly I’m supporting I’m not totally sure, what with not keeping up on the books. I’m just kind of assuming creators I like won’t do me wrong.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

At least they make it to the long boxes. Mine are piling up waiting for me to make some kind of order to put them into the boxes. Also I no longer have any room and need to get more boxes.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

You floppy buyers are goddamn lunatics.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lightning Lord posted:

I already knew I have depression, dad!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Roth posted:

I never even bothered try to keep mine in order.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lightning Lord posted:

The first step is to admit you have a problem but to admit you have a problem is to show weakness so I will deny having a problem and keep buying floppies until it bankrupts me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you get an iPad and a paper shredder for Christmas, you'll know who it's from.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Madkal posted:

At least they make it to the long boxes. Mine are piling up waiting for me to make some kind of order to put them into the boxes. Also I no longer have any room and need to get more boxes.

Mine are in stacks on top of boxes. My wife is sooooo lovely because she wants me to organize them. But I don't have the time!!!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Y'all need to buy some avatars toot sweet.

I got my avatar when Lowtax switched Stupid Newbie to Human Toilet, but that took me like a week, this would have taken two days at most.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Trump Lover avatar just makes everybody's Hot Takes so much worse.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
My brother showed me a youtube video of an intro to Rebirth, and it looked interesting. Superdad and kid interactions looked neat.

I haven't read comics in literally 20 years or so, but I needed something to look at on a long flight, so I got the first 20 or so Superman and JL comics on my ipad to check out.

I think I'm missing something here. Is it supposed to be this disjointed? What the hell is going on in Justice League? Luthor is apparently a good guy? Robin is Batman's real life son and a giant dick?

I'm not trying to poo poo all over this, but I am kind of lost and I think I missed an intro comic or something. I wanted to try and get back into my childhood favs, and am having difficulty.

I wanted to see the new Superman try to interact with the JL heroes, and try to "replace" the old Supes stranger in a strange land style. I wanted to see cute moments with Superman and his kid. Things were promising with the county fair the Kents went to, but Instead I get psychic cows and singing giants made of people.

Basically, what books should I be reading?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's not a brand new continuity, so Batman's son is from Grant Morrison's Batman run ten years ago (there's an animated Batman and Son movie adaptation if you want a quick catch-up) and Luthor became an anti-hero near the end of the New 52 era a few years ago after helping win the big crisis at the time.

Justice League Rebirth sucked for 33 issues, sorry (I assume. I dropped off after an arc.) It's just now looking to turn around with this month's issue under a new creative team.

If you want some more good Superfamily stuff, there's a miniseries called Lois and Clark which introduced their situation, and a Jon/Damian team-up comic called Super-Sons. They're both good.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 12, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The "New Superman" is now "The Old Superman" in that reality was rewritten so that he was always the Superman of this universe. There's a little bit of him trying to fit in and gain everyone's trust but it's all thrown out the window pretty quickly to streamline it.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Don't tell him to watch that movie!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

hup posted:

Don't tell him to watch that movie!

I just saw it. It was okay. Though, the scene where Talia basically admits to raping Bruce and Bruce admitting it wasn't so bad was really really hosed up, like really really hosed up... actually, no, you're right, don't watch it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The movie is pretty crap compared to comics and the important details of Damian's history can be conveyed in a few sentences anyway.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Covok posted:

I just saw it. It was okay. Though, the scene where Talia basically admits to raping Bruce and Bruce admitting it wasn't so bad was really really hosed up, like really really hosed up... actually, no, you're right, don't watch it.

First Harley raping Nightwing, (according to GBS) and now this. Get it together assorted bat people.

X-O posted:

The "New Superman" is now "The Old Superman" in that reality was rewritten so that he was always the Superman of this universe. There's a little bit of him trying to fit in and gain everyone's trust but it's all thrown out the window pretty quickly to streamline it.

Oh. :( I really wanted to read about that.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The movie was an even worst version of Morrison's story which was a worst version of what happened in Son of the Demon, and I say that as someone who liked Morrison's run.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. The bat-boning was from back in those good old days you were talking about!

Damian's easily the best character anyone's come up with since you stopped reading comics, so hopefully he grows on you.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 12, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Oh. :( I really wanted to read about that.

You’re not the only one. The story they did it in kind of sucked, but the good news is other than that and a few issues by a terrible fill in writer the Superman comic is the best it’s been in years.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Sexual Aluminum posted:

First Harley raping Nightwing, (according to GBS) and now this.

I remember Tarantula doing that but that was like, a decade ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nofather posted:

I remember Tarantula doing that but that was like, a decade ago.

It was in the recent animated movie they did.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Quelle surprise. She's never seemed to like him before.

I guess they are pushing for more sexual tension in them, though.

Weird movies. Need to work on pacing. There's silences between every line. Too drawn out.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

In that Batman and Harley movie, wasn't that consensual sex?

Yeah it def was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B_jr6r-rLk

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Last time I met Van Sciver at a con he told us he'd like to do the Legion of Super Pets. I don't know if he was messing with us because we were stoned, but it was a fun conversation. I brought up a Plastic Pet because I know he loves Plastic Man, and we decided a sloth with stretchy arms would be pretty funny.

What I'm trying to say is that I've been waiting like five years for that Super Sons Annual, and loved every second of it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jiro posted:

In that Batman and Harley movie, wasn't that consensual sex?

Yeah it def was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B_jr6r-rLk

We have different definitions of consensual apparently. Also Harley Quinn has multiple butt cracks.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Skwirl posted:

We have different definitions of consensual apparently. Also Harley Quinn has multiple butt cracks.

So he's tied up, she talks him into it, with the whole "the things I do for my city line" he agrees and they get down to some light bondage sexy time. Cut to Batman walking in on them, Dick out of his restraints and they're making out. I fail to see how this is like the Tarantula scene in the comics.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jiro posted:

So he's tied up, she talks him into it, with the whole "the things I do for my city line" he agrees and they get down to some light bondage sexy time. Cut to Batman walking in on them, Dick out of his restraints and they're making out. I fail to see how this is like the Tarantula scene in the comics.

I haven't seen the film, but assuming Dick didn't consent to being tied up in the first place, do you even know what consent is?

It's sexy comic bullshit that I don't really have a problem with, but don't call that consensual.

edit: you also didn't address Harley's impossible anatomy, which was the worse crime in my opinion.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Skwirl posted:

I haven't seen the film, but assuming Dick didn't consent to being tied up in the first place, do you even know what consent is?

It's sexy comic bullshit that I don't really have a problem with, but don't call that consensual.

So if you haven't seen the film how can you even make that statement? No he doesn't consent to being tied up, but his character in the movie DOES get talked into having some sex, not threatened, not coerced, and not drugged, with a bra and panties clad Harley Quinn.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jiro posted:

So if you haven't seen the film how can you even make that statement? No he doesn't consent to being tied up, but his character in the movie DOES get talked into having some sex, not threatened, not coerced, and not drugged, with a bra and panties clad Harley Quinn.

Someone tied to a bed against their will can't consent to sex, how is this even a loving discussion?

edit: He is coerced, in the scene you posted he's explicitly doing it in exchange for information. "You can only get what you want if you gently caress me" is the definition of sexual coercion.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 12, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Actually, it was the writers and director of the cartoon who molested both of them.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 12, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Actually, it was the writers and director of the cartoon who molested both of them.

Fictional characters don't have free will? Oh my stars and garters, I had no idea.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She says she reeks then doesnt shower. Very inconsiderate. :(

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
New Superman continues to be a glorious series. I am interested in what the renaming will bring given the set up plots from the end of Issue 18.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Someone tied to a bed against their will can't consent to sex, how is this even a loving discussion?

edit: He is coerced, in the scene you posted he's explicitly doing it in exchange for information. "You can only get what you want if you gently caress me" is the definition of sexual coercion.

How many times has Nightwing gotten a criminal to say something after tying them up against their will?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Strontosaurus posted:

How many times has Nightwing gotten a criminal to say something after tying them up against their will?

Well he's never hosed them while they were tied up so what was the point of this dumb as poo poo post