Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
You can also just right click off the card or use a gigantic cancelaura <every lovely AST thing> macro if you never want to bother putting that undraw on the bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Kashuno posted:

I am just learning AST now but is there a reason the "Undraw" action exists? If the timer for using my drawn card is going to restart again anyway, why would I put the card back in?

It was a way around a problem that arose with 4.0 that doesn't exist anymore. To wit when 4.0 launched and they brought in Job Gauges for everyone AST cards went from being represented by a self-buff to only appearing on your Job Gauge. Because you could no longer right click the card buffs to get rid of them they made "Undraw" an action so you could draw again more quickly. After Feedback they also added actions that also work to clear Royal Road and Spread (when you get those), useful in managing the level 70 AST ability they added. Then in 4.1, I think, they went back to making AST cards appear as buffs so it would be easier to coordinate cards with other ASTs as well let your party members know what cards you were holding, but they kept Undraw et. al. around because I guess why not?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Omnicrom posted:

It was a way around a problem that arose with 4.0 that doesn't exist anymore. To wit when 4.0 launched and they brought in Job Gauges for everyone AST cards went from being represented by a self-buff to only appearing on your Job Gauge. Because you could no longer right click the card buffs to get rid of them they made "Undraw" an action so you could draw again more quickly. After Feedback they also added actions that also work to clear Royal Road and Spread (when you get those), useful in managing the level 70 AST ability they added. Then in 4.1, I think, they went back to making AST cards appear as buffs so it would be easier to coordinate cards with other ASTs as well let your party members know what cards you were holding, but they kept Undraw et. al. around because I guess why not?

For the people who play using controllers. That's who.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Ya i love those new buttons. I hated having to reach for the mouse everytime i got a bad draw.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.

Kashuno posted:

I can't believe I didn't realize the timer on the card to play it whew I am terrible. Also yeah I don't Royal Road yet so that explains why I didn't think about that :v:

It works like you thought in PvP, though. There's no reason stated for why it doesn't do the same in PvE.

For the record, you can now also right click off the buff as you could in HW. This has the benefit of removing the card while casting, but runs the risk of accidentally clicking off the wrong thing. The remove buttons don't have animation lock and do queue, though, so it's fine to press them while casting as well. It'll execute them as soon as you're done casting and shouldn't clip.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dream on!

e: seems realistic though

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Where are you pulling those from?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My characters profile after I linked my XIVDB account to my Lodestone. Click the Classes category and then the specific class on that page.

Blue on left is section, black on the right in the list is what you click in to see those numbers above.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Ibblebibble posted:

I'd say that Machinist has the highest jerk-to-story ratio, and you get to shoot them in the face.

DRK is pretty close as well. Turns out Ishgard is full of assholes, and it's your job to murder them.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

e: seems realistic though

Some serious dedication to not clicking on trees sir.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Could someone hit me up with a macro to make it so that Salted Earth just appears centered on the enemy that I have targeted? That would be super cool.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

/ac "Salted Earth" <t>

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Fair cop.

As stupid as it sounds I honestly forget that plenty of people play this with controllers.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Brainamp posted:

/ac "Salted Earth" <t>

Also add

/ac "Salted Earth"

under that so that if you need to place it manually you can by just untargeting.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You actually don't need that, it defaults to normal use if you don't have a target.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Would I be able to use a macro like that for Shadow Flare as a SCH and have it drop where the tank is standing?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Leofish posted:

Would I be able to use a macro like that for Shadow Flare as a SCH and have it drop where the tank is standing?

Yup. Works on any ground target ability.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Oh boy.

I hear the Monk questline is also infested with jerks.

Starting as a pugilist is amazing. Hamon Holyfist is basically Master Roshi, right down to helping mold an idiot into the future savior of the multiverse. Widargelt is a piss poor Piccolo though.

Bourgeoisie
Nov 19, 2007

One ticket, please.

Patch 4.18 Notes posted:

Two treasure coffers will now always appear. Furthermore, the weekly restriction on rewards obtained from coffers has been removed.

Removing the loot restriction from savage earlier than last last expansion, right? I guess they want more people to jump into savage and maybe ultimate.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Ahahahaha, Cannon Nerfs to Rival Wings. You know, those things that are useless in all but the most dire of circumstances, thanks to those massive northern lane blindspots.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I was expecting something with more substance. :argh:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
But creation is still capped at 450/week still? :/

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Huh, well. I'm not sure what I expected but it wasn't that!

I'm glad they took the savage loot restriction off this early, now we can just farm o4s this raid week and not worry about holiday travel loving it up!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was hoping I'd be able to get a roborant without actually trying to be a good player.

so here it is...
merry christmas...
everybody's getting loot

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I was hoping I'd be able to get a roborant without actually trying to be a good player.

so here it is...
merry christmas...
everybody's getting loot
Nah sorry, the dude doin 7th percentile dps is still getting all the loot. EDIT: Oh, you're talkin about Rabanastre coins. Yes, weapons for all!

Martman fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 12, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Good" players: Ultimate Bahamut weapon
Me: Unkillable White Mage god in PVP

Who's really the best player??????

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Dec 12, 2017

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

"Good" players: Ultimate Bahamut weapon
Me: Unkillable White Mage god in PVP

WHM is loving ridiculous in PVP and I love it.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Me: Well, I will be hitting 7 Crystalloids in 2 weeks, I can buy one piece of gear this week and then next two weeks I need to save for tokens to get a weapon.

quote:

The weekly restriction has been removed for the number of Deltascape crystalloids available as completion rewards in Deltascape V4.0.

The number of Deltascape crystalloids required in exchange for early model tomestones has been reduced from seven to four.

:flip:

Oh well, that's what I get for re-subbing a month ago I guess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It came at basically the perfect time for me, I can get an i340 for an off class next week instead of in 10000 years

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/The_Starlight_Celebration

Santa Claus bear!!!!! Santa Claus bear.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Martman posted:

Santa Claus bear!!!!! Santa Claus bear.

Thought I wasn't going to resub until at least January. Well, gently caress me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Man I picked a good time to resub god drat

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I hope he can fly, just for how goofy a flying bear would be.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kwyndig posted:

Good news, there is already a flying bear mount in the game.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Of course he can fly, how else is he gonna deliver presents?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

He can.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If it can fly, does it have a mount action that lets me throw presents at good little boys and girls and/or throw coal at potato people?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

If it can fly, does it have a mount action that lets me throw presents at good little boys and girls and/or throw coal at potato people?

Based off the screenshots, yes, it appears it does.

https://gfycat.com/CraftyClutteredGalago

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 12, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Based off the screenshots, yes, it appears it does.

https://gfycat.com/CraftyClutteredGalago

It's a goddamn Christmas miracle for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Considering some of the crap that has always been cash shop only, like Sleipnir or the recoloured Magitek, the flying present throwing santa bear is like another christmas come early. It's heading straight on to my primary flying mount button. (just lol if you don't have three mount bindings to travel on foot, air and underwater in optimal style)