Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is another heel jericho incarnation i guess?

this angle owns and i wish it had better announcers

another video?!?! god just shut the gently caress up

also i want alpha club shirt

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Did the Young Bucks really show up with Sting rubber bats? Please tell me that's true.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nick chased jericho off with a black bat yeah

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Just saw it. Legit awesome, old school beat down angle, the kind WWE doesn't do anymore (you'll see, I don't want to spoil some specifics), and super effective in defining the roles for the match. They need to promote the hell out of this video on social media.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
even in japanese, suzukis promos remind me of samoa joe a lot. is that weird?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
https://streamable.com/tc0h9

So weird how the crowd is mostly silent during this, I know Japan crowd reactions are very different from US but this was a hot beatdown angle and you'd expect a loud continued reaction.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 11, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jericho looks like absolute poo poo. Like a less athletic Sammy Hagar.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
alright, so new japan jericho is goin hard, i'm with it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SANADA finally speaks

https://twitter.com/seiyasanada/status/940227064149434368?s=17

Bigass Moth posted:

So weird how the crowd is mostly silent during this, I know Japan crowd reactions are very different from US but this was a hot beatdown angle and you'd expect a loud continued reaction.

they definitely reacted more to Okada putting Naito and Hiromu down with his million dollar dream.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Can someone please give a summary of how Big Mike hosed up? I think part of it is he was being an rear end in a top hat to Jeff Cobb on social media?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a woman told mike that one of his students sexually assaulted her like six months ago. from texts/DMs/etc. she has posted since then, he did not believe her and did not take any action on it. also he was very lovely to her on a personal level. after she made the accusations public, he fired the student from his promotion. some edgelord moron on twitter started casting doubt on the accuser and eventually melted down and posted DMs he had gotten from big mike in which mike called the woman a liar and a whore etc. the woman then proceeded to post all the stuff she'd gotten from mike including stuff from like a couple weeks ago where he was burying cobb, and that somehow became the cute little meme that people latched on to

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you for clearing it up! It's definitely weird that I'd only heard about the Cobb stuff previously based on the limited attention I'd been paying to NJPW news recently, but at least I know now

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Bigass Moth posted:

I'd say that's about as hot a reaction you'll get in Japan, excluding the top third and fourth gen guys , and it seems like the crowd wants to cheer Jericho because of his status.

Too bad the production team didn't know to work around Kenny blading.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Bigass Moth posted:

My girlfriend was talking about skipping the Tag League, but I guess we have to watch at least the finals now. :stare:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought blading was banned in New Japan? Because goddamn Kenny opened himself up good :stare:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

fukuoka has a rep from both new japan and dg shows of being the corpus christi of japan. reactions were p good by that standard

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That beatdown was good, that BUSHI match sucked, CHAOS vs LIJ was fun, and the tournament final was fine. I'm excited for the 4th, where I know Jericho will reveal himself as Los Ingovernable de Jericho so that LIJ can have all the gold.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

So wait we’re getting Goto vs Suzuki as a hair match at the Dome too?

Kami ni kire~

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

harperdc posted:

So wait we’re getting Goto vs Suzuki as a hair match at the Dome too?

Kami ni kire~

Hair vs. Title

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought the beatdown was kinda lame. Okada has hit Kenny way harder than Jericho could muster with that belt. Yet there's Omega, gushin and wobbly leggin, come the gently caress on.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

coconono posted:

I thought the beatdown was kinda lame. Okada has hit Kenny way harder than Jericho could muster with that belt. Yet there's Omega, gushin and wobbly leggin, come the gently caress on.

Uh don't forget two codebreakers

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Uh don't forget two codebreakers

He ate worse in the G-1. Jericho isn’t on Kenny’s level.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope the generous ***1/2 match they have doesn't take any shine off of The cleaner

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think anything less than 4 stars is going to be widely considered Jericho's "fault", everybody knows what Kenny is capable of.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
the real hero of this whole ordeal is don callis, who did something he hates more than anything in the world: take a bump

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

oddly enough I think Okada probably would have a better match with Jericho cause Okada can work so many different styles yet Kenny really needs somebody Athletic to have good matches with.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When will it be My Boy Tama Tonga's time, New Japan, thread? When? :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VJeff posted:

When will it be My Boy Tama Tonga's time, New Japan, thread? When? :(

When he learns to speak japanese.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

oddly enough I think Okada probably would have a better match with Jericho cause Okada can work so many different styles yet Kenny really needs somebody Athletic to have good matches with.

some of the doom and gloom around Jericho/Omega from certain types of fans reminds me of the reception to Cody/Okada which turned out to be a really good match, but you're right that Okada is way better at adapting to different styles.

I really think we're going to see Jericho/Naito at Strong Style Evolved based on the gap in Fozzy's schedule and Jericho and Naito having a war of words over the double main event thing. I wonder what the reception to that would be.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Why does anyone think Jericho will have a bad match at the dome?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

some of the doom and gloom around Jericho/Omega from certain types of fans reminds me of the reception to Cody/Okada which turned out to be a really good match, but you're right that Okada is way better at adapting to different styles.

I really think we're going to see Jericho/Naito at Strong Style Evolved based on the gap in Fozzy's schedule and Jericho and Naito having a war of words over the double main event thing. I wonder what the reception to that would be.

That match was not good at all.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

his matches weren't setting the world on fire in his last couple wwe runs

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

because he old, disregarding that jericho's latest wwe run was great.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

That match was not good at all.

Cody vs Okada was fantastic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It wouldn’t have even been a good match on a WWE show.

It’s okay, Okada is bound to have a bad match when he faces a guy who has never had a good one. It doesn’t make him any lesser.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

It wouldn’t have even been a good match on a WWE show.

You're objectively wrong.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

His most recent WWE run was great, but I can't remember a single match of it, just angles and segments and promos

Like so far this has been great and I expect that to continue the rest of the month/build! I'd just temper my expectations for the actual in-ring part

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

His most recent WWE run was great, but I can't remember a single match of it, just angles and segments and promos

Like so far this has been great and I expect that to continue the rest of the month/build! I'd just temper my expectations for the actual in-ring part

Every Jericho vs. Owens match was pretty drat good.

Like, yeah, in-ring, Jericho's last run wasn't great, but he ended strong and he's had, what, three-four months to get ready for this? There's no reason to think he won't bring the goods.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It's good practice for Kenny for when he has to face Triple H at Mania 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if chris jericho has a motyc for 2018 then i'll admit that i was wrong to only expect a pretty good match when the slot warrants better. that Will be very exciting for all the boys on here for sure

• Locked thread