Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

Is there a way to import spectre data into PoB for all of those that are missing somehow? I was shocked it didn't even have Solar Guards (not because I was planning to use them but because they're one of the most talked about spectre monsters since 3.0) much less the poo poo I'm looking to use.
Nope.

https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/issues/492#issuecomment-331628455

quote:

...3.0 changed the way monster skills scale with level. Previously, most monster and minion skills (particularly spells) had multiple levels, with the monster using the highest level for which they met the level requirement. In 3.0 however, a continuous scaling system was introduced which determines the stat values for a monster's skills based on its level, as well as various parameters specific to the skill
but the formula for that scaling has thus far eluded me. I suspect it is some sort of complex exponential formula, but how that formula is structured and the manner in which its parameters relate into Multiplier2 is a mystery.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I would like to request some Path of Exile veteran in the thread to take look at this build posted in the PoE Forums and tell me how retarded/actually viable it is, since I'm still fairly new at the game and can't tell immediately.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/YfdNnZGM

It's basically Sunder + Cast on Melee Kill Cremation which sounds pretty fun and thematic for me, but have no idea how that would work in endgame content.

For single target you're supposed to switch to some weird trap/mine combination that I'm not used to

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ultima66 posted:

- Shaper 1h swords (maybe weapons in general) can get 40% phys added as cold/fire as well as 10% ele pen. This has been going around but yes, this means you can dual wield swords that give 80% phys added as cold, 80% phys added as fire, and damage penetrates 20% of ele resist as a phys -> ele conversion caster and it's probably the most broken thing the new items can do.

abyss, also known as "glacial cascade league"

Sgt. Slaughter
Sep 3, 2008
When was the last purge? I was pretty active for 2 months of harbinger and found myself guildless Friday afternoon. Could use an invite to Wepwawet once there's room.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

lamentable dustman posted:

I don't think there is a great unique chest for ED/Contagion to use it on. Shavs if you want to drop MoM and go LL or Cospri's for another curse but that would waste the poison and no life. Belly is always good too. Maybe better to sell it and put it toward a cheap 6 link chest or try to find a +3 staff.

So here are the three I'm torn between:

Cloak of Defiance

Death's Oath

Cherrubim's Maleficence

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

George posted:

So here are the three I'm torn between:

Cloak of Defiance

Death's Oath

Cherrubim's Maleficence

cloak and cherrubim's are both great, death's oath is kind of gimmicky and probably not very good (the wiki is busted rn but also iirc it's pure armor, which means coloring it will be a nightmare)

worst case grab a decent chest with life/mana/some resists and throw it on that. carnal armour is a good base for that since it also comes with implicit mana and is easy to color.

the only point against cloak i can really think of is that it'll bump your MoM ratio to 67%, which means you'll need to run a lower level clarity, get a heretic's veil, or get an impresence which will be expensive as gently caress for a long time (or some combination of those if you plan to run dual curse)

e2: nvm i forgot how MoM works you just need to stack a shitload of mana

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 12, 2017

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm so slow by which I mean I've been playing too much gloomhaven...finally hit 28, gc mines go, and just whizzed by act 3. Having fun in abyss at last.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

cloak and cherrubim's are both great, death's oath is kind of gimmicky and probably not very good (the wiki is busted rn but also iirc it's pure armor, which means coloring it will be a nightmare)

worst case grab a decent chest with life/mana/some resists and throw it on that. carnal armour is a good base for that since it also comes with implicit mana and is easy to color.

the only point against cloak i can really think of is that it'll bump your MoM ratio to 67%, which means you'll need to run a lower level clarity, get a heretic's veil, or get an impresence which will be expensive as gently caress for a long time (or some combination of those if you plan to run dual curse)

e2: nvm i forgot how MoM works you just need to stack a shitload of mana

Thanks. Any idea about base chaos damage to spells?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Welp I found a ngamahu and belly today, guess I'm respeccing as soon as I can manage to get 6s and 5l.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Okay this is weird, the wiki is completely broken for me and has been for a couple of days now. Is anyone else getting errors like "Lua error: callParserFunction: function "#ask" was not found."?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

George posted:

Thanks. Any idea about base chaos damage to spells?

flat chaos damage doesnt affect the dot portion of ED so it'd only be a small increase to the initial hit's damage

for ED abyss jewels you probably want the following:

- + max life
- + max mana
- + max ES (if you swap to lowlife)
- % increased damage over time with shield/two-handed weapon (depending on whether you're using a staff or 1h/shield; i prefer the latter for shield charge)
- % cast speed (non-crit version; more QoL than anything but it is a small dps increase for blight/if you're spamming ED for the upfront damage)

it's honestly likely that regular jewels are better since you can get 4 damage mods on those or 3 + life

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 12, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

McFrugal posted:

Okay this is weird, the wiki is completely broken for me and has been for a couple of days now. Is anyone else getting errors like "Lua error: callParserFunction: function "#ask" was not found."?

yes but i dont think its been doing it for a couple days for me just noticed it today

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
If there is a new thread title I would like to cast my vote for Path of Exile 3.1 - Abyss League, Runnin' Down a Seam.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

frajaq posted:

I would like to request some Path of Exile veteran in the thread to take look at this build posted in the PoE Forums and tell me how retarded/actually viable it is, since I'm still fairly new at the game and can't tell immediately.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/YfdNnZGM

It's basically Sunder + Cast on Melee Kill Cremation which sounds pretty fun and thematic for me, but have no idea how that would work in endgame content.

For single target you're supposed to switch to some weird trap/mine combination that I'm not used to

at first I was like "why the gently caress is sunder linked like that you will have no dps!", but the staff explains everything (also holy gently caress that staff)

the staff is 11c right now and will drop so have a go, until someone makes a popular video then goodbye sweet prince

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
What are my options if I wanted attack leech (both life/mana) but planned on staying in Templar/Marauder area? That isn't Warlord's Mark.

I thought that there was an Abyss jewel that provided generic leech but I was mistaken.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
You can get physical life and mana leech on rare rings/gloves.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Phobophilia posted:

You can get physical life and mana leech on rare rings/gloves.

I'm planning on doing Wild Strike, so it's all elemental. My curse is already occupied so Warlord's Mark is out of the question. I'm probably just going to have to retool my build plan.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Thief's Torment for mana on hit and life regeneration for the rest?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Vasudus posted:

I'm planning on doing Wild Strike, so it's all elemental. My curse is already occupied so Warlord's Mark is out of the question. I'm probably just going to have to retool my build plan.

Abyss jewels with leech?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vasudus posted:

What are my options if I wanted attack leech (both life/mana) but planned on staying in Templar/Marauder area? That isn't Warlord's Mark.

I thought that there was an Abyss jewel that provided generic leech but I was mistaken.

Probably have to go berserker or slayer.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Pharnakes posted:

Abyss jewels with leech?

Abyss jewels don't have attack leech :(

Unless they're not listed on poe.trade which is possible I guess.

redneck nazgul posted:

Thief's Torment for mana on hit and life regeneration for the rest?

Giving up two ring spots for leech would be a tremendous loss of damage.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I could have sworn I've had leech on an abyss jewel but now you mention it I can't find it.

Elerion
May 31, 2011
Life and mana leech supports :agesilaus:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
When I get home I'm going to theorycraft out options beyond staves. I'm thinking maybe two of those Ahn swords. I would only need one -frenzy jewel to get 100% multi and another 1k flat accuracy (plus 80% increased). Considering where I am on the tree frenzy charges aren't a big deal anyway.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Anyone have any specific recommendations for bow ranger builds? Many of them seem to use almost exactly the same passive tree, but it's hard to tell which are reasonable for a first character gear wise. I've been looking at Doomfletch but I can't tell if it's actually any good, and Tornado Shot isn't the best feeling ability ever.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wallet posted:

Anyone have any specific recommendations for bow ranger builds? Many of them seem to use almost exactly the same passive tree, but it's hard to tell which are reasonable for a first character gear wise. I've been looking at Doomfletch but I can't tell if it's actually any good, and Tornado Shot isn't the best feeling ability ever.

Doomfletch is tier 1 endgame viable Shapper farming Uber farming etc, just use a skill you like. Edit oh yeah don't go Deadeye, go Pathfinder if you expect to make infinte money, Raider if you're casual.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
pathfinder is fine without infinite money as well, turns out regular ele flasks also give you 85% allres forever

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Doomfletch is tier 1 endgame viable Shapper farming Uber farming etc, just use a skill you like. Edit oh yeah don't go Deadeye, go Pathfinder if you expect to make infinte money, Raider if you're casual.

I went Raider for now, seems Pathfinder is kind of poo poo until you have all the flasks and poo poo. You think it's fine to just switch AOE skill to whatever? I'm not sure how Doomfletch interacts with skills that have their own damage conversions.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Apparently there's a bug where solar guard spectres don't get the double cast from spell echo and I haven't even noticed since they just wreck everything so fast.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

wtf do I do now

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

please knock Mom! posted:

pathfinder is fine without infinite money as well, turns out regular ele flasks also give you 85% allres forever

Isn't pathfinder just going to be less damage than raider without the expensive dps flasks?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

wtf do I do now

Sunder!

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I league started DP totem Ascendant and I want to start a second character who is a better lab runner or boss killer. What build do people usually do for those qotf lab farmers?

Also for a boss killer is blade flurry or frost blades better?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Pathfinder is perfectly fine without infinite money, it probably does better than the others in SSF just because of how good even regular flasks become.
Deadeye is fantastic if what you want to do is just clear maps without having to be on the same screen.
Raider is for when you really, really love having frenzy charges for free and being immune to any elemental statuses.

Dps-wise, Deadeye can hit it's peak quicker than the other two because it's not so reliant on gear, but Pathfinder is the 'hurf blurf look at my pob link' level of dps nerdery.

Keru fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 12, 2017

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Pathfinder blade vortex for lab, and blade flurry for sure for bosses of the two, though molten strike synergizes well with frost blades for boss killing if you want to go that route.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Pathfinder sounds fiddly and spergy but the reality is you just always have flasks and if you feel like doing some really careful shopping it's also infinite damage.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wallet posted:

I went Raider for now, seems Pathfinder is kind of poo poo until you have all the flasks and poo poo. You think it's fine to just switch AOE skill to whatever? I'm not sure how Doomfletch interacts with skills that have their own damage conversions.

the bow really only looks at what phys dps you could do, all conversions happen but dont interact with the mods

afaik last league a goon went hard with Doomfletch Shrapnelshot build

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

So I'm using this build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1926743

Am I missing something or is the only Life Leech he has from his Ascendancy talents? I'm just getting to A4 and I could pick up Vaal Pack but the only Leech I have is from my Berserker's "Pain Reaver" talent. I suspect this won't be enough to sustain me without potions at my level.

I guess I could just Refund a passive if it doesn't work out, but I'm at work and just looking over this guide and was confused.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
When using Ngamahu's with Cyclone, does the cyclone skill want to be linked to anything? I know most of the damage comes from the Molten Burst, but it seems like faster attacks or something would make the Bursts faster.

Does Cyclone really want to be single-socketed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Which one do you guys like most for a Volatile Dead build? (This is Ultima's guy, but I'm following the same tree https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ultima66/characters)

I'm not sure how much to value something like 8% spell damage against 32-50 cold damage to spells, and I'm not confident enough in my ability to use PoB to give me an accurate answer.