Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhfcWTZeP1k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

Well as long as we're doing holiday throwbacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZnqBL6iYjA

Sure, we could just be imagining the incest vibes, but I can't help but feel that it's sorta racist to claim Folgers as "real coffee" when he just got back from a foreign country where they probably grow coffee.

And look, it's a video with a Big Money Salvia comment:

quote:

His eyes moved to the red ribbon she had planted on his right pectoral muscle. He saw something in her eyes when she touched him. A recognition of firmness. After all, he was toned to perfection from weeks of rebuilding a church in Rokoray, along the northern banks of the Great Scarcies River. He had met a woman there who reminded him of his sister. He cared for her, taught her a fledgling example of English, had even found himself feeling love for her. That was not a sisterly love however. Then again… was this? He began to open his mouth. Any moment his parents would walk downstairs. The look on her face said they were on the same channel. Everything he had just thought, she heard it. He spoke. “Listen, when mom and dad go out to say hi to the Gelsons next door tonight, let’s hang back, go upstairs and gently caress the poo poo out of each other.” “What?” She answered, bewildered. “C’mon let's do it. Let’s gently caress. Haven’t we always wanted this?” He reached out to reassure her, but she pulled away, fear in her eyes. “Whoa whoa. Uh no I’m just happy you’re home from Africa. What the hell are you talking about wanting to gently caress me? Are you seriou--” And like a blade being hammered on the anvil, his father’s voice rang out from behind him: “WHAT IN SAM HILL IS GOING ON HERE?” “I can explain…” he stammered, but was cut off by the visceral scream from his mother as she began sobbing into her bathrobe. His father erupted, white morning spittle shooting from the corners of his mouth. “NO SON OF MINE IS GONNA DRINK loving FOLGERS COFFEE!” He belted his son in the face, knocking the boy unconscious. “THIS IS A PEETS COFFEE HOUSE!” Drink Peets Coffee.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

chitoryu12 posted:

There's a lot of stories about how everyone from bus drivers to teachers to factory workers in Nazi Germany found that they were at risk of losing their jobs unless they joined the Nazi party; this led to a lot of issues in post-war Denazification because they realized that you couldn't just eject every Nazi party member from their jobs without the whole country collapsing.

In my opinion they should all have been shot and Germany returned to the insane clusterfuck HRE borders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugx-2tZgVJs

Basically if you were a Goy and not already in a camp by 1938 you were basically probably a Nazi in practice.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Big Money Salvia

bounced on my boy's dick for hours to that fan coffeefiction

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Last Chance posted:

I used to get this fucker stuck in my head once in a while, but I'd forgotten about it 'til now. drat you to hell

It's been haunting me for ten years. Feel my pain.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The MSJ posted:

Sure, we could just be imagining the incest vibes, but I can't help but feel that it's sorta racist to claim Folgers as "real coffee" when he just got back from a foreign country where they probably grow coffee.

I spent 2 years in Java and you couldn't get real coffee there, it was all exported to the west and all you got was lovely instant coffee. I'd imagine other coffee growing countries are pretty similar.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Much like the initially heartwarming, then infuriating video I saw some time ago where some lifelong Ivory Coast cocoa farmers got to taste some chocolate for the first time in their lives.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There was a fraud performer that got famous for claiming to bring an iPad into one of the Chinese factories and showing the child laborer his first iPad.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
If he’s the guy I’m thinking of he was featured on the radio show This American Life. He had an entire episode devoted to him, then a second one dedicated to the retraction of the story.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

HerStuddMuffin posted:

If he’s the guy I’m thinking of he was featured on the radio show This American Life. He had an entire episode devoted to him, then a second one dedicated to the retraction of the story.

That was painful listening to Ira Glass give the retraction.

I don't know what happened in the background of all that, but This American Life really hasn't seemed the same since around that time. Maybe they couldn't manage the loss of Torey Malatia.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Sadly, his public radio salary could not provide the kind of lifestyle Torey wanted for his family. *plays audio clip from up the thread* “NO SON OF MINE IS GONNA DRINK loving FOLGERS COFFEE!”

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

RagnarokAngel posted:

I spent 2 years in Java and you couldn't get real coffee there, it was all exported to the west and all you got was lovely instant coffee. I'd imagine other coffee growing countries are pretty similar.

Yeah when we were in Costa Rica some of our guides said a similar thing, although you never know how true it actually is.

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Neo-nazis are really into codes and dogwhistle poo poo that only those in the know will get. Like they love Lonsdale shirts because when you wear a jacket over them it blocks out the letters at the back and front leaving nsda which is just one letter off from being NSDAP. Also all that numerology bullshit with 14/88.

Yet at the same time a lot of them have obvious and highly visible Nazi tattoos. They like to have their cake and decorate with a huge swastika too.

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but the NSDA are the smallest letters in the Lonsdale logo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/940051734650503168

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cool of a company to use private user data to publicly shame its customers.

Also kind of a weird admission that you have crap on your own service.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Who hurt you?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You got an afternoon to spare?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The only way that counts as public shaming is if you're admitting to being one of the 53.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like this tweet. It's a good reminder to people that these large companies can and are tracking every single little thing that you do. Not much you can do about it really but like, just be mindful how much info/power you give them.
Spotify knows you've repeated Aqua's album several times in a row, Amazon knows you keep looking at that stupid kitchen appliance, your bank knows you go to the gas station every Tuesday afternoon, your phone provider can map out pretty much everywhere you've been over the last year.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Croccers posted:

I like this tweet. It's a good reminder to people that these large companies can and are tracking every single little thing that you do. Not much you can do about it really but like, just be mindful how much info/power you give them.
Spotify knows you've repeated Aqua's album several times in a row, Amazon knows you keep looking at that stupid kitchen appliance, your bank knows you go to the gas station every Tuesday afternoon, your phone provider can map out pretty much everywhere you've been over the last year.

But can they say why kids like cinnamon toast crunch?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Waffleman_ posted:

Anonymized data, most likely a joke.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I didn't know Ikea was getting into fancy kitchen appliances.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sweet, I love Red Dwarf

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Stupid name aside (which comes from an Italian acronym) those things are strictly high-end stuff and are built like loving battleships. Like the metal-bodied Moccamaster coffee makers; buy one now and leave it as an inheritance.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Der Kyhe posted:

Stupid name aside (which comes from an Italian acronym) those things are strictly high-end stuff and are built like loving battleships. Like the metal-bodied Moccamaster coffee makers; buy one now and leave it as an inheritance.

A Smeg from your Ma, how nice

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

Misread this as Nazi Vaporwave, got really interested for a second.
Have at it.
https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/mgwk7b/trumpwave-fashwave-far-right-appropriation-vaporwave-synthwave

RagnarokAngel posted:

Kind of like Fiji exporting local water while the military government prohibited residents from drilling wells?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

A Smeg from your Ma, how nice

No, it's Pa with the Smeg, ma never even washed it.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Waffleman_ posted:

quote:

Then there was one guy who used WebTV, but we banned him because wtf

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Whoah hold on there. Someone still uses WebTV and was able to get it to run Netflix!?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Detective No. 27 posted:

Whoah hold on there. Someone still uses WebTV and was able to get it to run Netflix!?

No, that was someone who was using WebTV to post on the forums and Lowtax banned them.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Zil posted:

No, that was someone who was using WebTV to post on the forums and Lowtax banned them.

That's amazing

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

https://adequateman.deadspin.com/the-2017-hater-s-guide-to-the-williams-sonoma-catalog-1821181135

The 2017 Hater's Guide to the Williams-Sonoma Catalog posted:

I’m dying. SMEG. They put SMEG in huge letters across every one of these appliances, with no inkling at all that SMEG is two letters away from being foreskin cheese. It’s killing me that they herded Frank Gehry or whoever into a design lab and had them fetishize a toaster and then they were like, “SMEG! That’s a good name! Nothing says tasty like SMEG! We can make hot cocoa in our SMEG machine and then drop a floater in it!”

("Floater" is what they call their >$1 each designer marshmallows)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

edit: I'm torn between FAG heater and FAG hydraulic nut

nerdz has a new favorite as of 23:26 on Dec 12, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

some rando on Reddit posted:

A little late, so this might get buried. But one summer I was going through an episode of depression and I wasn't working as I was on break from college and waiting until I moved back to my college town to start again. I ended up doing nothing but watching Netflix, and after I finished the office in something like 5 - 10 days, I don't quite remember, I received an email from Netflix asking if I was okay. They had noticed that I had my account running non-stop for over a week and they wanted to check on me and make sure I was doing well since my viewing activities became so much more frequent than they used to be. Honestly made me feel better just knowing that someone, even a stranger working at a customer support agency, cared about my mental health.

The account was probably flagged for possible terms of service violations, like account sharing or screen recording.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

nerdz posted:

edit: I'm torn between FAG heater and FAG hydraulic nut

Pronounced "semens".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Haifisch posted:

Pronounced "semens".

It has a zed sound in German.

Like “ZEE‐mens”.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
On GA-400 that leads north out of Atlanta there's a city called Cumming, GA. Just off the highway, right before you reach the exit for Cumming, there's a Siemens branded water tower.

So how do you know you've reached Cumming? When you see the Siemens.

Down the street from the water tower there's an intersection with a BJ's Wholesale and a Dick's Sporting goods.

e: it's not the Siemens water tower anymore nooooooo

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 00:32 on Dec 13, 2017

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Platystemon posted:

It has a zed sound in German.

Like “ZEE‐mens”.
Yeah but so does semen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Have you guys seriously not heard of the houseware brand Smeg before?