Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

It would be loving nuts if that happened in 2018. Like we legit have regressed as a society if that happens.

Here is my favourite comment. Boy howdy do I love racing fans;

"Finally -- someone actually says what has been proven repeatedly over the past 100 years: On am otherwise-level playing field, Women Cannot Compete Against Men.

The important factor is the length of the race -- the longer it runs, the more time there is for a male's superior physical strength and endurance to take effect. Women have succeeded in drag racing because the races don't last that long -- 6-7 seconds, tops. Run the races out to 30 minutes, and see how many successful females there are. Much longer than that, and the success rate of females drops to as near zero as makes no odds. (Exactly *one* successful female in any racing series running longer than one hour; and have you see what Amy Ruman looks like? "Brick outhouse".)

The PC Gestapo will drag out the usual set of names -- all of which can be easily disposed off with Facts:

-- Danica Patrick: Exactly *one* race win, and that driving at 75% (the fuel-mileage run at Motegi). *Zero* championships.

-- Simona de Silvestro: How many wins does she have at pro level? How many titles? Yeah, I didn't think so. NEXT!

-- Christina Nielsen, and Katherine Legge: Has anyone ever seen just what percentage of the races they've "won" they've actually driven in? Not to mention: When was the last time one of them was at the wheel when the checkered dropped?

There is nothing "regressive" in Jorda's view -- in fact, she's the only realist I've heard in FIA in decades. But because Reality flies in the face of Leftist Political-Correctness

Goodthink, she has to be crucified for telling the world Facts while her superiors report only Lies (and the fans continue to swallow the Flavor-Aid)."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That guy gets points for using the correct term Flavor-Aid instead of "Kool-Aid".

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Christ

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Jesus Christ, is there an F1 race this scheduled for this weekend I missed 'cause you're all wacko today.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Theophany posted:

Jesus Christ, is there an F1 race this scheduled for this weekend I missed 'cause you're all wacko today.

Turn on your monitor

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

Not one for *checks notes* 103 days.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

Not one for *checks notes* 103 days.

There's gonna be some loving amazing posts in those 103 days. I can't wait.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In any case that's an extremely hosed up thing Hideo Kojima said about woman race car drivers. I retract all the nice things I said about him.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That guy also said the 1996-1999 IRL seasons were the high water mark of modern AOWR.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hideo Kojima directs the Formula One racing game. It includes women but they're all in see-through fire suits because it's art and he's a genius.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

That guy also said the 1996-1999 IRL seasons were the high water mark of modern AOWR.

Was this on TrackForum

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

There's gonna be some loving amazing posts in those 103 days. I can't wait.

we'll probably be losing three posters for a month though.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

we'll probably be losing three posters for a month though.

I think we've proved today that we can make do without them.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Was this on TrackForum

Racer. Which is usually ok aside from a few REALLY insane people.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

Turn on your monitor

I'm worried that I'm feeling sane - in relative terms - today.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My favourite poster will always be Ray from Toronto Canada on Motorsport Magazine's comment section. That dude is loving insane and unstable.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lmfao

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In celebration of Alfa's return to F1 here is a picture of one of the bizzarrest rear end treatments I've ever seen;

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

In celebration of Alfa's return to F1 here is a picture of one of the bizzarrest rear end treatments I've ever seen;

Here's a bizarre rear end treatment *a dragon walks behind the car*

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Good thread title.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Good luck with that exhaust chief.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hey Ted are you carrying something heavy in the truck because the rear of your car is dragon

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
car got pantsed by a bully who pulled its taillights down

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The best series of superhero films ever made is the Raimi Spider-Man films, even the third one.

I just wanna go back to this post for a moment because it is easily the most correct opinion this thread has ever produced.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Best series of superhero films is like the lowest loving bar in the world.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Best series of superhero films is like the lowest loving bar in the world.

Well yeah

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm glad I rarely watch movies and just fill that time with speedy race cars.

I still play games and that sucks but whatever.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

I just wanna go back to this post for a moment because it is easily the most correct opinion this thread has ever produced.

Wicka thank you I'm glad you agree that all my opinions are good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Wicka thank you I'm glad you agree that all my opinions are good.

Noooooooo!!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Owned

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Human Grand Prix posted:

How many times was that thing found on the side of the M1 because it’s an alpha and the overabundance of lights blew the electrics?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Like the British can talk about cars with bad electrics.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Feels Villeneuve posted:

...go on...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The British are way way better at electrics than the Italians. The Italians tend to make cars that work perfectly in nice hot counties but then have a poo poo fit when faced with the damp.

It’s being able to bolt the chassis together properly the British have problems with.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Human Grand Prix posted:

Good thread title.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

The British are way way better at electrics than the Italians. The Italians tend to make cars that work perfectly in nice hot counties but then have a poo poo fit when faced with the damp.

It’s being able to bolt the chassis together properly the British have problems with.

British electrics are absolute poo poo. We used to get like 10 year old Jags in the junkyard and 70% of the interior switches wouldn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Rock is a loving awesome movie. Sean Connery was James Bond in that movie right? I heard/read it somewhere.

• Locked thread