Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
The best Artie gambling story was when he actually won big by letting it ride on the Giants during the entire playoffs that year they beat the undefeated Patriots in the super bowl... and then found out the small-time bookie he used didn't have enough to come even close to paying Artie his winnings. The bookie let Artie ride assuming there was no way he Pat's weren't winning the super bowl that year. He owed Artie like 75k and only paid him like 20 or something stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

misdirectomy posted:

Didn't he finish last in a betting contest against a bunch of wack packers?

Daniel Carver winning by betting on the "Fal-coons" and "Buc-coon-neers" and the website sponsor having to pay him that 25 grand and donate another 25 grand to charity to not look as bad. Goddamned hilarious.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Isn't internet sports betting legal in New Jersey now

Good for Artie

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

He also lost to a chicken in an earlier football pool.

Will and Jason bought a live chicken in Harlem and it was living in the kitchen of their apartment for the whole NFL season. I think they had to ride in on the train with it in a cage when they brought it in to do picks.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Artie has apparently been placed on "medical leave" from the podcast.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lmfao he made it 2 months?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Amusingly enough, the fact that everyone knows that he's a total drug addict probably is working in his favor. It's probably a lot tougher to just can his worthless rear end.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Szyznyk posted:

Daniel Carver winning by betting on the "Fal-coons" and "Buc-coon-neers" and the website sponsor having to pay him that 25 grand and donate another 25 grand to charity to not look as bad. Goddamned hilarious.

Yeah, Carver beat that chicken good. I also seem to recall that the guy gave Carver 1000 checks for 25 dollars. His response was "well them jewz gots ta make it hard as he cain to get that monay away from 'im".

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah, Carver beat that chicken good. I also seem to recall that the guy gave Carver 1000 checks for 25 dollars. His response was "well them jewz gots ta make it hard as he cain to get that monay away from 'im".

Do people think stamps don't exist?

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Two days ago marks the 8 year anniversary of Artie leaving the show.

The holidays makes people do some pretty dark poo poo. I actually wouldn't rule out Artie doing himself in before the new year.
I would care more, but since Artie doesn't care about himself neither should I. I gave up on him ever since his full of poo poo book of lies Crash And Burn came out...that was truly the time to come forward and own up to your addictions.

But he won't. So he's gonna go the way of Farley and be unreachable.

Pretty sad.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

At least Farley made a couple of funny movies and had the good sense to die before he got really embarrassing.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Former Human posted:

At least Belushi made a couple of funny movies and had the good sense to die before he got really embarrassing.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
This sucks. I really appreciate all of Artie's contributions to the stern show. When I just started discovering the show, his was my favorite personality on it. I've had to give up on him already, I know Howard has, but I have always held out hope he could get his act together. I wish him well

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It's crazy to think that Artie's going to die because his toxic masculinity won't let him go to a therapist because it's gay to talk about feelings. He's literally rotting inside but talking about his dad falling off a roof is too much to handle. loving sad man.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
It really is a scenario where his money is keeping him alive.

I have pretty liberal personal drug use opinions, but Artie is one situation where going to jail, probation, weekly piss tests and court mandated therapy would have actually done some good. He hasnt really ever hit rock bottom with his recent drug use.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah Artie will never truly hit rock bottom because of his money.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 12, 2017

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

an adult beverage posted:

Yeah Artie will never truly hit rock bottom because of his money.

I mean death is pretty rock bottom I guess.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He drank bleach and stabbed himself in an attempted suicide and that wasn't rock bottom for Artie, so yeah I don't think he has one other than death. I feel so bad for his mother and sister.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I think if he did rehab he's be finished because he seems the like type to relapse and that's usually when people OD.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

kylej posted:

He drank bleach and stabbed himself in an attempted suicide and that wasn't rock bottom for Artie, so yeah I don't think he has one other than death. I feel so bad for his mother and sister.

Yeah I feel bad for his family as well. Apparently Artie is too masculine to deal with his issues but that doesn't extend to letting his mom and sister put up with all of this bullshit that is going to gently caress them up for a while. Everybody here is right: if he managed to actually have to clean up his act, that would have been better than this whole year of his nose trying to invade the rest of his face while looking like that witch from Looney Tunes.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

uh oh

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2017/12/artie_lange_arrested_for_missed_court_date.html

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I'm kinda hoping the judge throws him in jail at this point.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I'm kinda hoping the judge throws him in jail at this point.

Sadly agree. That said, even months away from his contacts wouldn't break his cycle. At this point I think Artie is lucky he is too lazy to overdose...

And back on the Stern side, I wish Artie would clean up enough for a couch appearance before Howard walks. It is unlikely at this point since Howard really only wants people to come out that lavish praise on him (or him them), but I believe Howard (backed by Fred and Robin) could really make an legendary interview with Artie with all of the dirty laundry.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Howard wouldn't touch Artie with a fifty foot pole at this point. Even ignoring all the drug problems, the suicide attempt, and general dirtbaggery, Artie badmouths Howard all the time. He's persona non grata along with Stuttering John, Cabbie, Chaunce Hayden, to name a few.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Mug shot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

260 . Probably self reported

What is he like 5'8"?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Apparently Artie got arrested back in May for speeding away from a Burger King on the Garden State Parkway.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

Apparently Artie got arrested back in May for speeding away from a Burger King on the Garden State Parkway.

With a bag of heroin in his lap. :newlol:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

prefect posted:

Yeah I was just about to add that part lol. And of course he just got arrested again the other day for blowing off THAT court date.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

So if Artie is in jail he'd be detoxing about now, right? I hope his mother and whoever are ripping his place apart and flush whatever poo poo he's got stashed.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I think he's already out again

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Certainly it helps to be a rich, semi-famous white man, but how many times can you be arrested in New Jersey for relatively serious drug crimes, and then skip your court dates, before they hold you accountable?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Heroin is serious, but is possession of a small amount considered a serious crime these days? I would assume skipping out on the court appearances much worse as that can quickly lead to a judge not offering bail.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

prefect posted:

Dressed in a pig costume.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ok for real what the gently caress is happening to his nose? Is that a coke/heroin thing? I've done coke before and never noticed my nose getting any bigger.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I think he is crushing and snorting pills.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Ok for real what the gently caress is happening to his nose? Is that a coke/heroin thing? I've done coke before and never noticed my nose getting any bigger.

You know how you drink sometimes but you don't have a bright red gin blossom face? It's like a heroin snorting lifetime achievement award

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

It's collapsing. The inflammation you see is likely just an infection because he's got a gaping hole in his nose now. If he gets the infection under control the swelling and inflammation will come down some and it'll look a bit better but it's still going to look like one of his nostrils is no longer supported by the rest of his nose and that's because that's exactly what is happening.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
He looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
:laffo:

You got bigtime lawyer money and you still miss court dates? You loving jamoke. the whole point of having lawyer money is they GET YOU OFF of poo poo if you just *barely* jump through the hoops... and write big-rear end checks.