Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Considering some of the crap that has always been cash shop only, like Sleipnir or the recoloured Magitek, the flying present throwing santa bear is like another christmas come early. It's heading straight on to my primary flying mount button. (just lol if you don't have three mount bindings to travel on foot, air and underwater in optimal style)

Couerl for ground, Gryphon for air, Syldra for water, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Considering some of the crap that has always been cash shop only, like Sleipnir or the recoloured Magitek, the flying present throwing santa bear is like another christmas come early. It's heading straight on to my primary flying mount button. (just lol if you don't have three mount bindings to travel on foot, air and underwater in optimal style)

God, and here I thought I was the only one.

E: Unicorn for ground, Zu for flying, Manacutter for underwater.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Twintania for air, Chocobo (WHM Barding) for ground because it just feels right, Flying Broom for underwater cos it feels like you're riding a torpedo.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Falcon airship for ground, Falcon airship for air, Falcon airship for underwater.

vvv :hf:

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 12, 2017

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Witche's Broom for ground. Witches Broom for air. Witches broom for water. You are all wrong.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I use flying mount roulette mostly, but will switch the button to mount roulette if I can't fly for a bit (like pvp).

I wish I could exclude mounts from my roulette, though, because I've never once got excited about the manacutter and will often stop what I'm doing just to get a different mount.

I wish there was a primal/raid mount roulette.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

TheHeadSage posted:

WHM is loving ridiculous in PVP and I love it.

I had one recently where it was the 8v8v8 Frontline and we had 3 WHMs on Maelstrom.

It wasn't particularly fair. :v:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I use Falcon for everything, except when I feel like using the glowing Yokai mount because I put in a lot of work to get that flourescent flying go-kart.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Phone posted:

I had one recently where it was the 8v8v8 Frontline and we had 3 WHMs on Maelstrom.

It wasn't particularly fair. :v:

I had an 8v8v8 with only 2 WHMs on the team and 2 DPS bots, we kicked them and still won out by 200 points.

Perfectly balanced, best job should be the best.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Honestly my dream mount is Dark Helmet.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Rhymenoserous posted:

Witche's Broom for ground. Witches Broom for air. Witches broom for water. You are all wrong.

The most correct opinion

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Look at these scrubs who aren't bouncing around on a korpokkur kolossus.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad that sky bear is finally real

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
If you ain't using Whisper-Go-Go, you ain't poo poo.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

If you ain't using Whisper-Go-Go, you ain't poo poo.

"Heh look at this guy, he didn't grind fates"

"Woo yeah, I sure lost out there..."

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I respect the content and walk everywhere.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I don't jump because it breaks my immersion.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

First day back after a break to play other games, and hey, what do you know. I'm actually a certifiable moron.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i ride fenrir at all times because he is an abalathian hoarhound and i am a warrior whose discipline hails from the ancient villages of abalathia's spine and if you care to peruse my rp autobiography you'll find th

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

I don't jump because it breaks my immersion.

Tanaka!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Me: Unkillable White Mage god in PVP

i guarantee you a drk or a pld + a mnk or a sam could take you (or me) apart in about six seconds, unless you have a secret life as a diamond-rank feast healer.

but nobody who's actually any good at pvp is playing rival wings right now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I just ride behemoth everywhere

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

First day back after a break to play other games, and hey, what do you know. I'm actually a certifiable moron.

Pretty sure you can petition to get it back.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Rhymenoserous posted:

you can but you get only 1 or 2 restores ever so i wouldn't blow it on a thing you can grind out in 3 weeks.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rhymenoserous posted:

It is not worth petitioning at this point, with 4.2 on the horizon.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
one night we won 5 games in a row by taking a BRD/SAM/WHM team into the generator room and carving up bad healers by the dozen. we were winning 3v7s. it was actually obscene. my personal win rate is north of 70% and i'm not even any good at pvp.

people who buy into the reddit 24-healers meta and think cure 2 makes them invincible are actual idiots.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It is not worth petitioning at this point, with 4.2 on the horizon.

Of course it is, it's a solid month and half away

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
And I'm not actually going to play the game for at least that long, I'm still playing other games that are not FFXIV.

I only just logged in to check to make sure I had the DQX poo poo before it went away.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Are ATMA still useful/is there some ultra weapon still that's along that line?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

all you'll get out of it are some pretty weapon glams, there's no level 70 equivalent to the atma/ultima weapon stuff yet

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kashuno posted:

find out what your classes Zeta weapon looks like and then decide if you want it.

Same goes for Lux.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Leviathan pony on land, Bismarck Bird in the air, Syldra under the water. I gave my WoL a water theme for some reason.

I quit Rival Wings after I lost like 10 games in a row because it felt completely arbitrary whether I won and I kept getting solo'd by White Mages or Bards or Machinists.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if you just want to win every duel (and not contribute at all to the team), play dark knight

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Flying Armchair on land, Flying Armchair in the air, Flying Armchair underwater. :colbert:

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Flying Armchair on land, Flying Armchair in the air, Flying Armchair underwater. :colbert:

I knew from your posting you were full of bad opinions but this one takes the cake

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ImpAtom posted:

Based off the screenshots, yes, it appears it does.

https://gfycat.com/CraftyClutteredGalago

He's a bear and he can fuckin' fly!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

VFalcone asking the serious questions.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

one night we won 5 games in a row by taking a BRD/SAM/WHM team into the generator room and carving up bad healers by the dozen. we were winning 3v7s. it was actually obscene. my personal win rate is north of 70% and i'm not even any good at pvp.

people who buy into the reddit 24-healers meta and think cure 2 makes them invincible are actual idiots.

:siren: Coordinated players consistently beat a team of uncoordinated players :siren:

guys, this totally disproves the meta and shows healers AREN’T stupid overturned in 24-man PVP because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

still better than reddit & NeoGaf (RIP)

Also, who else is returning for the christmas bear too :3:?

Alder fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 12, 2017