Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

odiv posted:

Maybe if you could cut down trees with a 50cal or something.

Sorry I think you meant Minigun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Pattonesque posted:

next map should be a jungle map with no sightlines beyond 200m

Only if you go prone for more than 30 seconds you get bitten by snakes

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I'd like to see a fast game mode. Smaller map, more loot and a faster circle. Everyone drops from the same point at the same time, but you are higher up to get more distance if you want.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Goffer posted:

Only if you go prone for more than 30 seconds you get bitten by snakes

Red Bull and Painkillers replaced by rats and treefrogs

Crate drops can include a hat to complement te ghillie suit- crocodile decoy hat

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
quick match needs to be done proper

pubg needs treeclimbing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I want a snowy map, with rideable skilifts and gondolas

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i have been watching streams of this game for months and playing fortnite on xbox and finally it has been released for xbox one

i'm very excited, it's downloading now. i'm gonna be wanting some good teammates to play with!!

gamertag: Commie Flanders

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

:stare:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

VERY late entry for hottest take of the year award, but it's a good one

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

It is most likely better optimized, so..................................................

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
I just tried watching 2 different streams and it irrationally made me annoyed as hell that they didn't know what they were doing in-game. One was calling the blue 'the storm' and almost traded his helmet for a baseball hat.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Fat Lou posted:

It is most likely better optimized, so..................................................

Nah it sucks, peep the rage in here.

It has absolutely no aim assist (I guess because they want to do cross-platform) which means it's almost impossible to aim with a controller.
Then you add that it's super janky with way sub 30 fps and you have a real nice experience.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

:shrug:
Did someone seriously think there wasn't going to be server issues?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Literally every game I have played recently I've got to watch someone stand like five hundred meters away and take out my whole squad with mini Uzi (or some other weapon that obviously doesn't work at that range) with repeated, consistent headshots.

Good anti-cheat.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

tote up a bags posted:

It has absolutely no aim assist (I guess because they want to do cross-platform) which means it's almost impossible to aim with a controller.
Then you add that it's super janky with way sub 30 fps and you have a real nice experience.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudDifferentDogePeoplesChamp

:holymoley:

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Milky Moor posted:

Literally every game I have played recently I've got to watch someone stand like five hundred meters away and take out my whole squad with mini Uzi (or some other weapon that obviously doesn't work at that range) with repeated, consistent headshots.

Good anti-cheat.

On the standard client, or test? My impression is that the cheat developers haven't caught up to the test server version yet.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

tote up a bags posted:

Nah it sucks, peep the rage in here.

lol just get a XIM and own everyone else

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao amazing

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Fried Watermelon posted:

lol just get a XIM and own everyone else

Just lol @ people actually putting down $200+ just so they can play with real bad mouse and keyboard emulation in a console game

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Bohemian Nights posted:

Just lol @ people actually putting down $200+ just so they can play with real bad mouse and keyboard emulation in a console game

For some, that's a small price to pay to consistently dunk on everyone.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

quote:

Erangel and Miramar - both maps are now playable
Which map is played will be selected randomly when a match begins

Hoo boy this is going to lead to a lot of queue dodges

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Bohemian Nights posted:

That's a lot cheaper than a gaming PC - I don't think you can take it for granted that everyone has one. If you don't have a PC, your only options are this or playing with a controller,
a laughably awful idea.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The Mash posted:

Hoo boy this is going to lead to a lot of queue dodges

Just make one map the FPP and one the TPP then swap them every day!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Rotate them every couple of hours like Splatoon.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

That's a lot cheaper than a gaming PC - I don't think you can take it for granted that everyone has one. If you don't have a PC, your only options are this or playing with a controller,
a laughably awful idea.

I'm not sure if you can really compare purchasing a gamer pc to buying piece of overpriced 3rd party hardware that gives you a supremely unfair advantage against your fellow console players

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, the overpriced thing is cheaper and gives you an advantage.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

I'm not sure if you can really compare purchasing a gamer pc to buying piece of overpriced 3rd party hardware that gives you a supremely unfair advantage against your fellow console players
Advantage or no, for me it'd be the difference between being able to play pubg vs not being able to play pubg at all if I didn't have a PC but somehow did have an xbox one. Obviously they should just add mouse/keyboard support to the base game so you don't have to buy some dumb hardware but that's not the world we live in. Using a stick to aim is a joke and those videos of people emptying multiple clips missing each other only hammer it home.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Advantage or no, for me it'd be the difference between being able to play pubg vs not being able to play pubg at all if I didn't have a PC but somehow did have an xbox one. Obviously they should just add mouse/keyboard support to the base game so you don't have to buy some dumb hardware but that's not the world we live in. Using a stick to aim is a joke lol and those videos of people emptying multiple clips missing each other only hammer it home.

I think this is a pretty poor justification to buy and use something that's more or less the equivalent in terms of value and e-bushido to a 12 month subscription to aimjunkies

I borrowed a xim adapter back in the CoD:MW2 days on the 360 and compared to everyone else you might as well be running around with an aimbot, which really is kind of lovely and pretty much ruins everyone's experience except your own- i imagine it'll be even worse for a game like pubg that doesn't give you autoaim or other QoL console poo poo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

I think this is a pretty poor justification to buy and use something that's more or less the equivalent in terms of value and e-bushido to a 12 month subscription to aimjunkies

I borrowed a xim adapter back in the CoD:MW2 days on the 360 and compared to everyone else you might as well be running around with an aimbot, which really is kind of lovely and pretty much ruins everyone's experience except your own- i imagine it'll be even worse for a game like pubg that doesn't give you autoaim or other QoL console poo poo
I wish to use my position as a "mover and shaker", a titan of the internet if you will, to influence the pubg community into adopting this as a "community standard" and agitate for native kbm support in lieu of...this:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

tote up a bags posted:

Just make one map the FPP and one the TPP then swap them every day!

Actually a really good suggestion. Might get me to test TPP for them on the new map on those off days.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
does the killcam make it look like there's zero recoil from the guy who killed you? I just got murked by a dude whose reticle was completely still while he was rapid-clicking and moving

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

I wish to use my position as a "mover and shaker", a titan of the internet if you will, to influence the pubg community into adopting this as a "community standard" and agitate for native kbm support in lieu of...this:

For some reason when given the choice between "allow everyone to use kb/m" and "force everyone to use gamepad" the console shooter community goes with the latter. The dumbest thing I've heard is claims that it shouldn't be officially allowed because it's currently considered cheating.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Pattonesque posted:

does the killcam make it look like there's zero recoil from the guy who killed you? I just got murked by a dude whose reticle was completely still while he was rapid-clicking and moving

I think it's still janky. It at least gives you an idea of where the people are when they kill you. Maybe not exactly *how* they kill you, quite yet.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
If the Sony and Microsoft consoles executives somehow miraculously and impossibly decided that:

1. keyboard and mouse implementation, along with freely and completely bindable keys, is now mandatory or even backwards compatible for all games, implemented at the OS level
2. mods were supported on the condition that you couldn't play online with anyone other than players with an identical mod profile

My whole reason for owning a gaming computer would be cut by about 75%... not counting my standing library of Steam games of course.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 12, 2017

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that's still just a computer but worse

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

hawowanlawow posted:

that's still just a computer but worse

Yep. But it would mean less thinking about hardware and upgrades and whatever.

And yes I know that building computers is piss easy and it's even fun to research and hunt down all the hardware you need and then build the thing, but still. Easier is easier, and with work and family taking more and more of my time, every bit helps. Even if it means sacrificing 45 antialiasing passes or 8k texture packs.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 12, 2017

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

for anyone with the same concerns, microcenter makes drat fine prebuilt computers that go on sale for little to no markup

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

for anyone with the same concerns, microcenter makes drat fine prebuilt computers that go on sale for little to no markup
I'm enjoying my first prebuilt PC in forever from there - it's pretty nice. But that said, it was expensive compared to a console and some folks are probably gonna have a console for their kids to play on the couch or whatever while not having use for a personal gaming PC. I think they should get to play pubg also, and using a controller doesn't really reasonably constitute "playing pubg".

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:barf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKFKSDudWIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Croccers posted:

Rotate them every couple of hours like Splatoon.

This would be good.

• Locked thread