Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
You couldn't* care less Kenny :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

All of you boys will be saying, "MOTYC" pronouncing it as "Mo-Tick" with your foreheads all pushing up against me from different directions, causing non-lifethreatening pain to me. I love wrestling

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pretty sure he just announced Fale & GOD vs LIJ for the NEVER title at Road to Tokyo Dome.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
GET 'EM KENNY!

Oh poo poo he threw a JAPANESE TABLE! Jeez such a potty mouth Jericho.

Ishin fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Dec 12, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/940472977476456448?s=17

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Oh man the build for this dream match has been pretty great yes

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
I'm scared of what Kenny might be willing to do to himself in that match based on the poo poo he puts himself through in his normal 5* matches.

Was it just those two getting promos? I thought they'd have everyone do one like during the G1

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/Sempervive/status/940474645039468544

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/940475786691309568

Gedo watching on stunned just sells this so good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

Every Jericho vs. Owens match was pretty drat good.

Like, yeah, in-ring, Jericho's last run wasn't great, but he ended strong and he's had, what, three-four months to get ready for this? There's no reason to think he won't bring the goods.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards this. Jericho loves wrestling in Japan and he's always brought his working boots over there (he had a fantastic match with Neville on that Beast in the East show). I mean yeah, he's old and can't really keep up a sprint like he used to, and that's a logical concern against Kenny, whose matches are built around intense pacing. But both he and Kenny are pros and I'm sure they can work out something great together.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Really hoping Sho and Yo wreck the Bucks so that they are incapable of seconding/interfering on Kenny's behalf, and have Tama go full blown, "You're not about the Bullet Club and no one is going to save you tonight" like he did in the GI, too. Kenny should go full underdog babyface.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The photographers rushing in all excited to take photos of the brawl :allears:

God this whole thing is so good.

So great.

The best.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I probably shouldn't be surprised that Jericho found a compelling storyline outside the WWE system, but he really did. It feels like most of his WWE runs this decade kinda leaned into "bitter has-been desperately clinging to his spot," (a story that's probably closer to reality than Chris wants to admit) but they never fully committed and fell back on comedy stuff instead.

Going all-in on the gimmick and 100% evil heel instantly makes this more interesting than the bog-standard Dream Match Booking I was expecting.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 12, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Road to Tokyo Dome (12/17)

Young Lions' Cup
Shota Umino [0] vs. Tetsuhiro Yagi [0]

Young Lions' Cup
Katsuya Kitamura [4] vs. Ren Narita [0]

Young Lions' Cup
Hirai Kawato [4] vs. Tomoyuki Oka [4]

Henare, Tiger Mask & Jushin Liger vs. TAKA Michinoku, El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Kota Ibushi & Togi Makabe vs. Leo Tonga & Yujiro Takahashi

Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & Taichi

Satoshi Kojima, KUSHIDA & "Masked Horse" vs. Rocky Romero, SHO & YOH

NEVER Openweight 6 Man Championship
Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. EVIL, BUSHI & SANADA (c)

Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi

Road to Tokyo Dome 12/18

Young Lion's Cup
Shota Umino vs. Ren Narita

Young Lions' Cup
Tomoyuki Oka vs. Tetsuhiro Yagi

Young Lions' Cup
Hirai Kawato vs. Katsuya Kitamura

"Masked Horse", KUSHIDA, Tiger Mask & Jushin Liger vs. TAKA Michinoku, Taichi, El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Togi Makabe & Henare vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano

Yujiro Takahashi & Bad Luck Fale vs. EVIL & SANADA

Kota Ibushi, Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Leo Tonga

Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka

Kazuchika Okada, SHO & YOH vs. Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The fact that this is getting any build beyond "Hey look its Jericho" is great. This is suddenly a match I'm very excited for.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gumball Gumption posted:

The fact that this is getting any build beyond "Hey look its Jericho" is great. This is suddenly a match I'm very excited for.

Yup!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Baron Corbyn posted:

Kazuchika Okada, SHO & YOH vs. Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI

gently caress yes, Okada with Sho and Yoh, and Naito and Takahashi and BUSHI is gonna be a cool match.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Satoshi Kojima, KUSHIDA & "Masked Horse" vs. Rocky Romero, SHO & YOH

"Masked Horse", KUSHIDA, Tiger Mask & Jushin Liger vs. TAKA Michinoku, Taichi, El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

The gently caress is "Masked Horse"?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Jack Anderson posted:

Chris Jericho in one of those mildly unsettling rubber horse masks?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Jack Anderson posted:

Mascot character from that weird NJPW-branded horse racing game, maybe? I bet it's Taguchi.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Draxion posted:

Mascot character from that weird NJPW-branded horse racing game, maybe? I bet it's Taguchi.

Probably it, I don't see him anywhere else on the card. He better come out in one of those rubber horse masks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is Japan wrestling a shoot? aka real.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It’s real to me dammit.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The build to Jericho/Omega has been so good and I think it hints at how they plan to have a great match despite Jericho slowing a step. They can't have an insane, neck bumping athletic spectacle so they will have a wild, southern blood feud brawl.

I agree that all of BC should be taken out by other matches or personal conflicts to keep things 100% personal. Sho and Yoh should wash the Bucks because R3K should rightly wreck any team in the division.

Plus, any match with a Liontamer is a good match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

Is Japan wrestling a shoot? aka real.

No but CMLL is. AAA sometimes is.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/940583416600203264

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if you don't watch the full press conference, you'll miss Kenny smartly lampshading how "WWE-like" the build to this has been. this angle rules

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
full heel jericho is loving awesome

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
If you think Jericho is just going do to a standard WWE match you're out of your mind.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

it's really funny to me that full heel jericho's promos are basically the same as comedy heel jericho's, but that's what made the beatdown so brilliant

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Callis :allears:

Since everybody is talking about the Kenny/Jericho brawls, I'd like to mention that I really enjoyed Okada snapping and attacking Naito post match. It adds a little more edge to Okada's character, shows Naito's getting under his skin and sets up that submission hold as important. :discourse:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bigass Moth posted:

If you think Jericho is just going do to a standard WWE match you're out of your mind.

Kenny dives outside after 3 minutes and then they go to commercial break. With Ibushi on commentary.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

rovert posted:

Kenny dives outside after 3 minutes and then they go to commercial break. With Ibushi on commentary.

you kid but I feel like, no matter how much Jericho hypes this up as a huge clusterfuck brawl of a match, we're definitely gonna get some slightly-too-long chinlock heat spots

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

hahaha

Jack Anderson posted:

whatever it is, if it doesn't have a prelim match at the tokyo dome and/or a dance number with a cartoon cat, i'll be furious

checksin fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 12, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't think I could like Don Callis more but here we are!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/940624368970993665
i'm so mad at bix for this tweet because he's right and i will never again be able to hear a kenny omega promo without imagining a codec screen

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"Omega is hurt by doing this thing, while he's become the third biggest star in Japan doing that thing."

Sure thing pal.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jack Anderson posted:

The go home Korakuens are sponsored by the national horse racing association. charlton speculated it may be the glorious return of the captain but no one knows.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Jim Cornette is rolling in his grave because Jericho completely no sold getting jumped at the presser then beaned Omega with a table. Bunch of spot monkeys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Probably the best cornette anger moments are when he starts by saying he "didn't see this but apparently...." and then rants about it

• Locked thread