Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

What possible incentive is there to fire this thing?

Well if you're a modder and have infinite money...

Also if you're an impulsive gamer (Who ever heard of those!) you might just get so pissed as a griefer/modder in the heat of the moment after being killed 10 times in a row that you say "gently caress it" and take a shot.

As long as it's there, there will be people who use it and replace the funds lost with shark cards.

Edit: They added 10 outfit slots for a total of 20. I know a few goons who will be fairly happy about that.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Where the new guns at? Or do you need a facility to even see them? Or god forbid they need researched.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I too would like to see a new GTA set in London or Las Venturas.

I'm also shocked that all these new flashy dumb heist vehicles are extremely expensive, there's no way we could have predicted this. Regardless I'll probably jump on PS4/XB1 later today or tonight to see if I have enough money left to waste.

Edit:

Mr Scumbag posted:

Edit: They added 10 outfit slots for a total of 20. I know a few goons who will be fairly happy about that.

This update has been redeemed.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 12, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TIP: get at least 2 people for the deluxo prep

god drat.

heist preps take place in session, too, which is kinda dope.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Haha, there's some dude camping the central LS Los Santos customs with an Oppressor.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Mr Scumbag posted:

Haha, there's some dude camping the central LS Los Santos customs with an Oppressor.

That is what the orbital laser is for.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

That is what the orbital laser is for.

So you spend 750k to kill him once and he calls it back in 3 seconds later?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

As ridiculous as the orbital cannon costs are, it's free to use the surveillance mode which allows you to highlight and view all players in realtime overhead on the map so I can see this being useful over voice chat for targeting and coordinating attacks on people/groups, and that's kind of cool.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Lol, 10 minutes in, bought my doomsday crap, and

GTAV has stopped working...

Cancel Close program

Let’s see if I can have better luck this time. Hope there is a ban wave going on

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Any Xbox goons want to do the heist with me?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This shouldn't come as a shock to anybody, but the hovering Delorean is loving amazing in every way.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Mr Scumbag posted:

As ridiculous as the orbital cannon costs are, it's free to use the surveillance mode which allows you to highlight and view all players in realtime overhead on the map so I can see this being useful over voice chat for targeting and coordinating attacks on people/groups, and that's kind of cool.

A feature already in play via the map screen, which works anywhere in the game and doesn't require you to purchase and relocate to a specific area every time you want to use it.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Welp, gotta go to work. Have fun goons. See ya in a couple of hours for lunch :)

Just did dead courier heist setup with someone else hosting. Dang I like this dead game

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Oof I've a bit over 2 million so I could only get the bunker to start it. Probably gonna give this some time first

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It seems it's all split in half

first heist pays $650k on normal after 3 preps and 3 set-ups. one of the set-ups feels more heisty than the actual heist.

There's also another loyalty challenge with it, so team the gently caress up.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Powershift posted:

:siren: Spoilers for unannanoucned content! https://twitter.com/FoxySnaps

There is a lot to process in there

Offroad Comet looks tight. Stromberg and Deluxo would pair up nice with the Ardent.
Barrage like a 3man insurgent?
New tank looks straight out of Battlezone

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

There is a lot to process in there

Offroad Comet looks tight. Stromberg and Deluxo would pair up nice with the Ardent.
Barrage like a 3man insurgent?
New tank looks straight out of Battlezone

A lot of it isn't even out yet and what is is a lot to process alone. It's all so awesome. I'm going to have to do a major resort of my garage. A whole floor of comets, a 10 car garage of classic supercars, a 10 car garage of gun trucks. I don't know how many vehicles you can put in the facility but it seems you can just put any of your vehicles in there.

Also the missions are fun and there are a ton of them

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Twenty outfit slots, new criminal masterminds challenge, a shitload of new missions, a flying car, a flying moc, more property, more garage space, lamentations of the poor, and other things. This is probably the biggest content update ever?

We're in a place where the jetpack is the least interesting thing in a world where goons call a gta bad because there's no jetpack.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Am I misremembering or did the original heists unlock stuff just for completing the missions or did you need to be the one running it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

Am I misremembering or did the original heists unlock stuff just for completing the missions or did you need to be the one running it?

They unlocked for participation.

The first setup mission on the second heist is loving brutal, and it doesn't let you use your own outfits or anything.

Go in with regular ammo and a thermal scope on the heavy sniper. It takes multiple shots to kill each dude and you can't see them with night vision.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

They unlocked for participation.

The first setup mission on the second heist is loving brutal, and it doesn't let you use your own outfits or anything.

Go in with regular ammo and a thermal scope on the heavy sniper. It takes multiple shots to kill each dude and you can't see them with night vision.

Boooo! Now they only unlock the trade price for running the mission.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So, I can't even do this new heist if I don't have ~2m banked. $1.25 to start and ~$750 for a buyin?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I skipped this game, but lately I've been watching GTA V videos and wondering if I made a mistake.

Are goons still active on the PC version?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The nerfed the explosive sniper, cut the damage in half. everything but explosive ammo also gets 80 rounds instead of 40

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Powershift posted:

The nerfed the explosive sniper, cut the damage in half. everything but explosive ammo also gets 80 rounds instead of 40

I get uncomfortable without four digits worth of ammo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The yosimite lowers itself to the ground when you slow down or get out. It's also fast as heck. You can even turn it into the farm truck. I might have to buy a second one to do that.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
LED light bar functional?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I guess I'm glad they added a new radio station, but it is terrible

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
I read "offroad comet" as "Oxford comma" and now I want that to be a vehicle.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Phweengee posted:

I read "offroad comet" as "Oxford comma" and now I want that to be a vehicle.

I drove around Mount Chiliad with with the strippers, JFK and Stalin.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FuturePastNow posted:

I guess I'm glad they added a new radio station, but it is terrible

What is it?

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

prefect posted:

What is it?

Frank Ocean curated station

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

The loving Deluxo that I have been begging and pleading for (for four years) is finally here? gently caress, I'm going to have to re-up my PS Plus, aren't I?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

ahahahahahahahahhaahah

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are 3 acts to the heist.

act 1: 3 prep(in freeroam), 3 set-ups, 1 heist, pays $650k on normal
act 2: 5 prep(in freeroam), 4 set-ups, 1 heist, pays $950k on hard
act 3: 6 prep(in freeroam), 5 set-ups, 1 heist, pays ???

Thats 29 missions.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

explosivo posted:

So, I can't even do this new heist if I don't have ~2m banked. $1.25 to start and ~$750 for a buyin?

If you want to always host all the time always sure but no, you don't need any money to play the new heists.

Baculus posted:

I skipped this game, but lately I've been watching GTA V videos and wondering if I made a mistake.

Are goons still active on the PC version?

Yes: https://discord.gg/u4Zdvpg

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Powershift posted:

The yosimite lowers itself to the ground when you slow down or get out. It's also fast as heck. You can even turn it into the farm truck. I might have to buy a second one to do that.

if you get the farm truck Yosemite pls post pics I don't want that street truck garbage that's disgusting

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Zigmidge posted:

If you want to always host all the time always sure but no, you don't need any money to play the new heists.

Other than the 1.25 for the facility, right?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Where do the missions come from for opening up trade price on new stuff? Strictly from the heist setups and missions or are there other missions in the facility or MOC
New MK2 weapons, is this done via research in the bunker like before or is there a new supply/research mechanic
And I geuss same with new vehicle mods and upgrades, can that be done in the MOC truck/bunker or does any of that require new facility/avenger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's been a while (like, 2 years-ish) since playing GTA:O last but really want to check out this new content with my friends. Is there a current goon-tested way of getting money efficiently or is it just grinding out heists?

• Locked thread