Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wasn't it cool how they made a big deal about Tanks in the preview and they end up in only a couple missions?

Where the gently caress is the warthog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

honestly I'm fine with d2 PvP if they just reduce ability cooldowns and maybe buff some exotics

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

honestly I'm fine with d2 PvP if they just reduce ability cooldowns and maybe buff some exotics

Reduce ability cooldowns and bring back heavy drops on kills

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/940361008542990337?s=17

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm going to guess the lens is going to suck in pve for a while too.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

moist turtleneck posted:

I thought Sparrow = Warthog

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
no the sparrow is a hosed up pee wee herman scooter

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

moist turtleneck posted:

Wasn't it cool how they made a big deal about Tanks in the preview and they end up in only a couple missions?

Somewhere on a goddamn ice floe, in the non-simulant future. What I want to know is when we're getting a Banshee-style flyer. Full Halo+ now:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I love the primaries-only pvp but would appreciate 6v6 and shorter ability cooldowns. If they got rid of that radar popup lag I doubt it'd be as much of a MIDA-fest.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I always liked MIDA as a gun but really making it the only gun with third eye and making radar lag was real dumb

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

*Points to dilznik*

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I always liked MIDA as a gun but really making it the only gun with third eye and making radar lag was real dumb

Third Eye needs a downside like shorter radar range or something

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

deadwing posted:

Third Eye needs a downside like shorter radar range or something

Or more guns need to have it or just get rid of it. MIDA would be plenty good without it

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I had a thought last night that bummed me out. Bungie seems to want to intentionally scrub away any form of fun from this series that doesn't stem solely from numbers hitting numbers. You're right to ask where the warthog is. Where is anything that might add an element of surprise or unpredictability? Where is the sense that you're in a huge physics sandbox where all kinds of wild and unexpected poo poo can happen? It's intentionally deleted every time it's found, because they're afraid people can't aim up, or because doing anything other than throwing predictable numbers down predictable firing alleys might make some 12 year old somewhere who sucks at video games feel bad, and then he might go back to clicking in F2P Korean MMOs, and then he won't use his parents' credit card to buy loot boxes.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I really like destiny but the consistent ability of the devs to make the wrong loving decision every time has gotten tiring. I cant even tell myself oh man next tine will be better because well this is expansion was super tiny and kinda eh. So best bet next one will be too.

I mean why is it hard to just make a new difficulty and leave the old one in place? Call it cursed or something who loving cares. Like fine nfall locks out cool but loving vog was there till the end for people in D1 what the hell.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SlimGoodbody posted:

Where is anything that might add an element of surprise or unpredictability?

Esports is a cancer

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah it’s more like Sparrow = weak rear end Ghost

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sparrow is a Mongoose (without the passenger seat), pike is a weakass ghost

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is there a PGS thread still or is it only discord

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833906&pagenumber=13&perpage=40

Idk a thing about that Discord

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

actionjackson posted:

you can come hang out in the clubhouse pal no one's gonna fuckin bite you

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

get me up get me up

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Adregan posted:

:siren: :siren: Attention :siren: :siren: Bone Krew has openings for the people looking to get into a Clan on Xbox or those people that are in the overflow clan looking to join the main clan. If anyone else that was removed from the clan still plays the game they are more than welcome to reapply. though I will be looking at people from the overflow clan first.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Esports is a cancer

Dang, that's totally what this is isn't it. I hate that video games have gone from a thing designed to be as fun as possible to a thing designed to generate viewership of online sporting events.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah the esports focus is bad and dumb I get that apparently it can be a big revenue generator so I guess it’s just :capitalism: but I can’t think any game that tries to force its stuff into that box benefits from it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

What they didn't realize is that just because people like watching esports and watching people be good at esports didn't mean that everyone who plays those games is a super tryhard who wants to be The Wizard like Fred Savage when they grow up

Like Quickplay should have been 6v6 and Competetive should have been the ranked play with all the fun stuff turned off, but as usual they went too far in one direction

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
D1 was lightening in a bottle due to the crazy dev schedule and lack of attention paid to pvp during the scramble

D2 is poop in a flaming bag due to the crazy dev schedule and excess attention paid to pvp during the scramble

Still, there are signs off hope in the way some of the CoO content plays, particularly the new strikes and the raid lair. Fingers crossed going forward.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Roman posted:

What they didn't realize is that just because people like watching esports and watching people be good at esports didn't mean that everyone who plays those games is a super tryhard who wants to be The Wizard like Fred Savage when they grow up

Like Quickplay should have been 6v6 and Competetive should have been the ranked play with all the fun stuff turned off, but as usual they went too far in one direction

Except the "fun stuff" was what kept people watching the high tier players on twitch in D1. You can't have esports without a viewership, and Destiny 2 pvp completely sacrifices its spectator entertainment value in pursuing a mangled, half-baked fart of an impression of what esports should be.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

you can come hang out in the clubhouse pal no one's gonna fuckin bite you

I usually do but I can't use it at work

Also the linked thread is closed

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

SlimGoodbody posted:

Dang, that's totally what this is isn't it. I hate that video games have gone from a thing designed to be as fun as possible to a thing designed to generate viewership of online sporting events.

this is how i feel about real sports

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
ppl sperging about forward laterals need to stfu and just let cool plays happen

i don't even like the seahawks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46536

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

"Cayde's Stash chests now grant rewards via the loot stream to prevent items from disappearing into the ground"

Yep, I knew it

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Roman posted:

Quickplay should have been 6v6 and Competetive should have been the ranked play with all the fun stuff turned off, but as usual they went too far in one direction

for gods sake yes, kills should drop heavy ammo and powers should recharge enough you get at least two a round, let it just be frenetic

Ferrett
Sep 6, 2000

Adregan posted:

:siren: :siren: Attention :siren: :siren: Bone Krew has openings for the people looking to get into a Clan on Xbox or those people that are in the overflow clan looking to join the main clan. If anyone else that was removed from the clan still plays the game they are more than welcome to reapply. though I will be looking at people from the overflow clan first.

Hi I applied since I had applied for overflow a couple weeks ago and never heard anything back. GT same as forum name, thank ye in advance.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Mercury is so barren that to let it be a Flashpoint they're making Yellow Bars count

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mercury has a lot of PEs tho? The big hoopla one, the kill Vex and fly through the gates one, the one of the enemy kept in a cage by another enemy, and enemies moving on each other thing. In a small space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I like the border effect, it says "this weapon is awesome", even if is not true make me feel good :D

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/940673263193264129