Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rabidsquid posted:

"at least its a known series" is a weird thing to say especially in regard to a from game which is gonna be a from game regardless of whatever ip they slap on it

I think it's probably a Soulsborne-style game but it might not be, they've made other types of games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TaurusOxford posted:

I'll change it once we have confirmation that Prime 4 is worth buying a Switch for. :colbert:

Mods?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I'm gonna buy that From game tbh.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

Ended up grabbing Wipeout. Can't wait to be really, really bad at it.
The thing that's cool about Wipeout is not the gameplay per se, but more how it encourages you to practise and improve your performance.

On top of the graphics and 60 FPS, of course.

That said, I miss F-Zero, Mario Kart, and Diddy Kong Racing so much. At least I can get Mario Kart on Switch.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Bombadilillo posted:

There was some interesting stuff in there.

1. There's a kunia wrapped in the string.
2. Japanese instruments identified
3. Clips of older from games that you might get theme mixing from. Some ninja puppet heavy games seemed to mesh with the 5 seconds.

Fromsoft making Nioh 2

I keep reading Shadows Die Twice is a direct quote from one of the tenchus

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lakbay posted:

Fromsoft making Nioh 2

It's a Five Nights at Freddy's quote. Confirmed

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Lakbay posted:

Fromsoft making Nioh 2

It wasn't direct. But there was some "I'm sending my shadow out" ninja chat. I heard it as 'spies' not literal shadows. But who says the twice dead shadow is literal?

The tenchu puppet themes and shadow chat was really...right feeling. Maybe bringing back a named IP could be Froms ticket to ditching the souls style game without pissing everyone off?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

I'll change it once we have confirmation that Prime 4 is worth buying a Switch for. :colbert:

Yeah after prime 3's pretty :mediocre: steps back there's no telling if it will be good or keep going in that direction

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There's other games worth buying a Switch for though

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Does the PSone classic of Metal Gear Solid work on the Vita? It lists PSP support but doesn't mention anything about the Vita.

Also how are the Vita versions of 2 & 3?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

Quoted as a Switch haver who loves the Switch.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Edmond Dantes posted:

Wipeout Omega Collection is 20 bucks, 16 if you have PSN+

I think I'm going to grab it.

It's a good pick, Wipeout is a fun game and they include a ton of content even if you were to pay $60.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spalec posted:

Does the PSone classic of Metal Gear Solid work on the Vita? It lists PSP support but doesn't mention anything about the Vita.

I think it's one of those games that works on Vita but you have to download/transfer it from a PS3 for some reason. I don't have the Vita 2/3 collection yet but I heard they're excellent ports

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Spalec posted:

All PS1 classics work on the Vita, since they're just emulating the PSP. Some of them don't show up on the Vita store for some reason. (I'm looking at you Spyro)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pablo Gigante posted:

Not enough for me to care though, especially when PS4 alone is gonna have me spoiled for choice. January alone has Digimon Story: Hacker's Memory, Dragonball FighterZ, and Monster Hunter World all coming out within a week of each other.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not touching Hacker's Memory because there's no FeMC this time

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm not touching Hacker's Memory because there's no FeMC this time

They made up for that by putting the Hackmon evolution line in the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nothing makes up for that

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TaurusOxford posted:

They made up for that by putting the Hackmon evolution line in the game.

Hackmon not having his full evo line in Cyber Sleuth was a huge bummer, and I didn't even know anything about Hackmon at the time.

There not being an FeMC in the new one is also a huge bummer, but not as much as Yasuda's continued employment.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Has anyone here tried amazon's base PS4 trade in for a pro? Or has heard how much people are getting from that? My system is a couple years old so I doubt I'll get much.

the performance difference between monster hunter world demo chugging at 15 on my PSPoor, and videos from a pro where it was practically hitting 60, may make me finally upgrade. But I'm getting the PC version eventually so I'm not doing it if the pro is going to cost $350.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I forgot you can't screencap Persona 5, wanted to save that bit where the teacher is mad people are writing "Could care less" in their homework. :(

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Digirat posted:

Has anyone here tried amazon's base PS4 trade in for a pro? Or has heard how much people are getting from that? My system is a couple years old so I doubt I'll get much.

I can't even find a link to trade in a regular PS4 for it, only bundles or slims. Best deal I could find for a 500 gb OG was $110 at Gamestop. Best Buy and Target were only offering like $90.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Samuringa posted:

I forgot you can't screencap Persona 5, wanted to save that bit where the teacher is mad people are writing "Could care less" in their homework. :(

Take a photo of your screen with your phone, that's what I did

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Samuringa posted:

There are so many dialogue bits worth screen capping in that game...it's absolutely infuriating. :argh:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Why the heck does my ps4 eject my horizon disc every time i put it in rest mode? And it ejects sometimes while I'm playing. I've cleaned the disc repeatedly, is this some sort of dust in the machine thing?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

Why the heck does my ps4 eject my horizon disc every time i put it in rest mode? And it ejects sometimes while I'm playing. I've cleaned the disc repeatedly, is this some sort of dust in the machine thing?

Is it an earlier model? The eject button can glitch out, I don't know if there's a good fix

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Eject bug. The eject button builds a static charge while in rest mode, and you just need to get rid of that charge.

Try fully powering down the console for 15 minutes, and unplug the power cord. You can also place your PS4 on a metal surface and that will help.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pablo Gigante posted:

Is it an earlier model? The eject button can glitch out, I don't know if there's a good fix

original, got it off a friend when he went to a pro

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Eject bug. The eject button builds a static charge while in rest mode, and you just need to get rid of that charge.

Try fully powering down the console for 15 minutes, and unplug the power cord. You can also place your PS4 on a metal surface and that will help.

cool, thanks

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

Digirat posted:

I traded in my launch PS4 to Amazon to get a Pro in September and got $160 for it. I'm not seeing it listed now though, might not be available to trade in anymore.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Is the PS4 Pro worth upgrading to even without a 4K TV? My launch fat PS4 just crossed the 4 years old mark and I remember my launch PS1 and PS2 both crapping out at around that time. The GS $350 with free Battlefront 2 this week is mighty tempting.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm tempted to trade up to a pro just because it comes with a 1TB drive. I bet with trade in on my year old slim I'd get one for not too much more than a 1TB costs in the hell of Canadian PC part prices. Though I haven't looked at HDD prices in a while so mb it's not too bad atm, esp with boxing day coming up.

Everything I've played so far seems fine on a PSPoor tho so idk how worth it it is without 4k. Do any games have super significant fps upgrades?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I traded up for that Destiny 2 Pro back in September, it makes a lot of games run a little better and there's more and more games getting PS4 Pro specific enhancements. I know some older games like Just Cause 3 run way better on PS4 with Boost Mode on, Monster Hunter World has resolution/frame rate/visual toggles for Pro function, and everything by Tecmo Koei is getting Pro enhanced modes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

There is no permanent fix short of disconnecting the eject button

Some fixes will work longer than others though

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Do Bloodborne and DaS3 run significantly better? Not that they're bad on a base but they have that trademark From hitchiness sometimes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

There is no permanent fix short of disconnecting the eject button

Some fixes will work longer than others though

It's just static. If you don't use rest mode every time it won't save static charge. Simple.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

esperterra posted:

I'm tempted to trade up to a pro just because it comes with a 1TB drive. I bet with trade in on my year old slim I'd get one for not too much more than a 1TB costs in the hell of Canadian PC part prices.

Can't speak for Canada but a 2 TB external hard drive is like $70 US, you could plug in and enable it in like 30 seconds

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

esperterra posted:

Do Bloodborne and DaS3 run significantly better? Not that they're bad on a base but they have that trademark From hitchiness sometimes.

No. Stable frame rate but poor frame pacing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doesn't DS3 run unlocked now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

No. Stable frame rate but poor frame pacing.
Man I still don’t get this frame pacing thing if it’s not about frame rate stability.