Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/940358799986176000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/940363875169513479

That's my quarterback :cry:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That's a lot of bible stuff.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

That's a lot of bible stuff.

Well yeah. He's super religious. He's nice about it and personalizes it to himself, which is how religion's supposed to work imo. Dude just had an MVP season taken away from him, he can cope however he wants to.

He's still a really nice guy and is all but apologizing to people for getting hurt

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yeah, I know. He's obviously very disappointed, and it's a bummer. Here's to a strong recovery.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW CARSON WENTZ?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Yeah, I know. He's obviously very disappointed, and it's a bummer. Here's to a strong recovery.

If the season ends with The Redemption of Nick Foles From the Coward Chip Kelly with Carson Wentz on the sideline helping him read defenses this will all have been worth it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Give Carson the coaches headset, IMO and put both he and Pedersen in the booth to call plays.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

NotWearingPants posted:

Dude it's already December. You realize Kaepernick is an idiot, right? Not because of his political stances, which I agree with, but he's just dumb. There's no way he could step into a new offense and learn more than a few plays at this point.

e: that said, I guess I'd be in favor of it just for the statement it would make, and because the season is probably lost anyway. But I have no illusions that Kaepernick would contribute at all.

Oh yeah, that is entirely the wavelength I'm thinking on. Season is definitely lost and I have no actual expectations of mediocre QB kaepernick leading us to the promised land. It's just a great way to get an insane amount of heat and also unironically an awesome political statement that I could be proud of. It's even entirely not out of the realm of possibility for milquetoast lurie to be ok with the move and howie is intelligent enough to know that there is a gaping maw of a talent disparity between kaepernick and whatever flavor of Christian Ponder is floating out there for a backup to Foles.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

howie is intelligent enough to know that there is a gaping maw of a talent disparity between kaepernick and whatever flavor of Christian Ponder is floating out there for a backup to Foles.

I hope I'm not correct, but I bet they bring in Matt McGloin.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

NotWearingPants posted:

I hope I'm not correct, but I bet they bring in Matt McGloin.

Absolutely gross

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Romo. It has to be Romo. Best available, best possible entertainment value.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I assume the Eagles can only offer the vet min at this point. No way Romo takes that. Kaep probably will.

I rewatched some Nick Foles highlights. made some pretty good throws, had more wheels that I remember (though still not fast or anything, dubious pocket awareness. Could be a lot worse.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eagles might have actually won the SB if they played those Pats :smith:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I assume the Eagles can only offer the vet min at this point. No way Romo takes that.

Howie always finds a way.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Howie always finds a way.

I concur, but I believe they have around 4 million available under the cap that they can carry over to next season. Anything they spend now just cuts into next year's cap.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles should bring back Riley Cooper and try to rekindle that magic connection he had with Foles. Also, it would offset the signing of Kaepernick because there are good people on both sides.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm glad we are getting Kaep to balance out Wentz who really is too much.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
I don't think adding a guy like Romo who has sat in a booth all year is the answer, the truth is whoever comes in is coming in to be Foles backup, it's the only thing that makes sense.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/940372320274862080

:(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Keap winning the super bowl as an eagle is probably he greatest future possible.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Keap winning the super bowl as an eagle is probably he greatest future possible.

Only if he goes to the white house and kneels on a flag

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

exploded mummy posted:

Only if he goes to the white house and kneels on a flag

LOL like he would go if Trump was still there. Though Trump's twitter meltdown would be great.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
*takes a deeb breathe* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sign Kap you stupid fuckers

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

I have three responses to this:

1) This is Jesus telling Wentz that running quarterbacks have short careers
2) Wentz has now dispersed his immense reserve of Jesus Energy to the rest of the team who will be unstoppable
3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJF13nTR_lA

indigi posted:

sign Kap you stupid fuckers

The path is clear. Sign Kaep for Foles's backup, Foles gets us deep into the playoffs, Foles gets traded for some good draft picks, Kaep starts next year while Wentz is still recovering. Bonus if Foles wins the Super Bowl and that gets Kaep invited to the White House.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yodzilla posted:

I have three responses to this:

1) This is Jesus telling Wentz that running quarterbacks have short careers
2) Wentz has now dispersed his immense reserve of Jesus Energy to the rest of the team who will be unstoppable
3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJF13nTR_lA

The path is clear. Sign Kaep for Foles's backup, Foles gets us deep into the playoffs, Foles gets traded for some good draft picks, Kaep starts next year while Wentz is still recovering. Bonus if Foles wins the Super Bowl and that gets Kaep invited to the White House.

Dear God,
Let's make a deal: I will believe in you if you make this series of events happen.

Your Potentially Faithful Servant,
HatfulOfHollow

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

This, but Foles gets hurts at some point (not a stretch at all) and Kaepernick plays this year.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Ah yes the Koy Detmer situation.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

I am disappointed by this post. I expected Indigi to tell us how losing Carson Wentz and his poor throwing mechanics was the best thing that could have happened to the Eagles.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

I am disappointed by this post. I expected Indigi to tell us how losing Carson Wentz and his poor throwing mechanics was the best thing that could have happened to the Eagles.

:same:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I feel like that Chris Long strip sack saved the Eagles season. Like if they lost that game, and Wentz, I could see Philly losing out and giving up.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hk4zjeGL2I

El Patron fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 12, 2017

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

just because I don't think Wentz is a top 8 qb yet doesn't mean I'm happy to be starting Nick Foles

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I remember thinking Wentz would go down sometime soon last year when I saw him play in person. Too many risky runs

Even as a Cowboys fan it’s a bummer to see it happen this late into a stellar season

Also that’s some pretty heavy handed religious talk going on there. Hopefully he learns to keep it to himself and avoid talking about it so publicly. The evangelical nut jobs in and around Texas would of loved him as Dallas’ qb

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

sup edp

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfwyu8O8Ne4

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Lawlor alluded to it in his Iggles Blitz post the other night, but it really is amazing watching Foles highlights from his first Eagles stint and seeing all those wide open receivers and crazy luck catches.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Big Dick Nick >>>>>>>>>>>> Kaepersuck

Have some faith. Foles was our savior at one point. He was then traded to Jeff Fischer who had a QB room of Nick Foles, Jared Goff, and Case Keanun. We’ve seen how that’s worked out.

Also, Foles started a game last season for the Chiefs. What happened?

3 touchdown game.

This Eagles team would drop 40+ points on the 2013 Eagles team. Keep faith.

The Eagles should easily beat the Giants and Raiders and rest their starters against Dallas. That gives Foles 3 games + a bye week + home field advantage in Philly in the playoffs to get starter reps in games and practice. He’s been in this Pederson/Reid system for a long time. Was under Reid in his rookie season WHILE Pederson was his QB coach in Philly. Then spent the last year or two under Reid/Pederson one KC. Then has been Wentz’s go to guy in this offense the whole year. He’s a vet. He’s Big Dick Nick.

And if Cutler & the Dolphins can do that poo poo to the Patriots. What makes you think the Eagles couldn’t do that to Brady & company?

We just gotta win twice in January to make it there to embarrass New England.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

The Eagles should easily beat the Giants and Raiders and rest their starters against Dallas. That gives Foles 3 games + a bye week + home field advantage in Philly in the playoffs to get starter reps in games and practice. He’s been in this Pederson/Reid system for a long time. Was under Reid in his rookie season WHILE Pederson was his QB coach in Philly. Then spent the last year or two under Reid/Pederson one KC. Then has been Wentz’s go to guy in this offense the whole year. He’s a vet. He’s Big Dick Nick.

On the other hand, Halapoulivati Vaitai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

89 posted:

Kaepersuck

Really?

• Locked thread