Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

kid sinister posted:

Did they ever add custom key bindings to this game?

Custom key bindings in 2017? Jason has no time for that!

Seriously though, I don't know why this still isn't a thing. I know for a fact that it's something that's keeping at least one of my friends from picking up the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Lack of keybindings didn't bother me until they added the emote wheel. Holding the V key feels awkward for me but that might be because I use the mouse in my left hand.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I kind of like it that way. When a murderous zombie hockey man is chasing you down for a friendly hug, you don’t really think rationally. The controls sort of add to that notion. Having people be able to streamline the controls to their own efficient layout takes away from the spirit of the counselors v. Jason.

That’s my hot take fight me

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Polo-Rican posted:

Lack of keybindings didn't bother me until they added the emote wheel. Holding the V key feels awkward for me but that might be because I use the mouse in my left hand.

If the emote wheel were a thing in the beginning, I might be more inclined to use it. I literally forget that it's a thing that exists and it being so awkward to use doesn't have me interested in learning.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Polo-Rican posted:

On ps4 if you set your controls to inverted y-axis the emote wheel also has an inverted y-axis.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Ghostpilot posted:

Custom key bindings in 2017? Jason has no time for that!

Seriously though, I don't know why this still isn't a thing. I know for a fact that it's something that's keeping at least one of my friends from picking up the game.

So let me get this straight. The devs were too busy to add a feature of all games of the past 20 years have so that they could instead add a skin of Jason from a decade before before custom key bindings became pretty much mandatory, and swimsuits. Yup, there is absolutely nothing wrong with their priorities.

I returned my steam copy at less than 10 minutes played because of this.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

kid sinister posted:

So let me get this straight. The devs were too busy to add a feature of all games of the past 20 years have so that they could instead add a skin of Jason from a decade before before custom key bindings became pretty much mandatory, and swimsuits. Yup, there is absolutely nothing wrong with their priorities.

Sorry you lost out on a great game because of one minor inconvenience.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Skoll posted:

Sorry you lost out on a great game because of one minor inconvenience.

Sounds like a bad case of the 'tism

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

kid sinister posted:

Wait a minute, aren't you the exact same person who posted the same complaint earlier on in the thread? :confused:

Yeah, I just checked and you totally did.

Not saying your criticism isn't valid. It just seems weird you've come back posting the same thing you did months ago.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

cliffdiver posted:

I kind of like it that way. When a murderous zombie hockey man is chasing you down for a friendly hug, you don’t really think rationally. The controls sort of add to that notion. Having people be able to streamline the controls to their own efficient layout takes away from the spirit of the counselors v. Jason.

That’s my hot take fight me

that sure is an opinion.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

Wait a minute, aren't you the exact same person who posted the same complaint earlier on in the thread? :confused:

Not saying your criticism isn't valid. It just seems weird you've come back posting the same thing you did months ago.

ARE THERE CUSTOM KEY BINDINGS YET URRRNNGHHHHNNNFFF

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
...Aren't there like freeware progs you could use to just manually rebind them anyway? That you could've Googled and installed within 12 minutes of basic research? Just seems like something you would do if it's such a boner killer of an issue for you.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I was upset for all of ten seconds when I found out you couldn't custom bind keys. Then I just got over it and I rebind my push-to-talk button in my outdated voice chat program of choice whenever I play F13.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

amigolupus posted:

Yep, that was me. Like you said, it's been months. I expected that the devs would be working on fixing actual things wrong with the game instead of wasting time making DLC.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

kid sinister posted:

Yep, that was me. Like you said, it's been months. I expected that the devs would be working on fixing actual things wrong with the game instead of wasting time making DLC.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

kid sinister posted:

i expected you to have better things to do than come back months later on an issue this stupid but i was disappointed too

like, i could easily be persuaded to agree with you, but you are so touchy and hyperbolic about this that i get embarrassed for thinking of commiserating.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

i expected you to have better things to do than come back months later on an issue this stupid but i was disappointed too

like, i could easily be persuaded to agree with you, but you are so touchy and hyperbolic about this that i get embarrassed for thinking of commiserating.

Thesaurus burn

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

kid sinister posted:

The devs were too busy to add a feature of all games of the past 20 years have so that they could instead add a skin of Jason from a decade before before custom key bindings became pretty much mandatory,

This kinda seems like an odd point to make considering that describes every Jason :thunk:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

kid sinister posted:

Your redoubtable remonstrations of negligible functional shortcomings are as vexatious as they are unpleasant!

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Ya!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
So pugnacious, this thread.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Thesaurus burn

not even intentional, honestly - been reading a biography of benjamin franklin recently and the old timey cadence is rubbing off a bit.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Perhaps they shall mitigate the worriment by provisioning presently some manner of content that may allay our misgivings and smooth o'er our discomfiture at the curtailment of keyboard bindings.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

A peek at what's coming in the upcoming patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/7i9veq/balance_updates_in_the_upcoming_patch_12072017/

Hope you're not attached to the Heavy Hitter perk.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
"The fuse will no longer spawn in the same building as the phone box."

:suicide:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Ghostpilot posted:

A peek at what's coming in the upcoming patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/7i9veq/balance_updates_in_the_upcoming_patch_12072017/

Hope you're not attached to the Heavy Hitter perk.

Never been on Reddit before... Christ that's horrible.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Heavy Hitter was barely useful unless you were specifically going for a combat build anyway, now it's pretty much entirely useless

It's like they're doing the opposite of what Dead by Daylight did, where DbD kept buffing things that didn't need buffs, except they're nerfing things that don't need nerfs

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

As long as they keep going Opposite Dead by Daylight and make Jason into an actual scary thing that can't be hilariously mugged at will by any old group of bored trolls, they're on the right track

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
At least you PC people don’t have to fear that you’ll kill the host too early and have the game dropped or that you’ll go through fixing multiple things and escape by car or boat only to have the host rage quit and get not a single drat point for your hard work.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

TheBizzness posted:

At least you PC people don’t have to fear that you’ll kill the host too early and have the game dropped or that you’ll go through fixing multiple things and escape by car or boat only to have the host rage quit and get not a single drat point for your hard work.

Yeah, the consoles being peer to peer is an actually valid criticism I think. It's bad enough when people drop cause they aren't Jason, that other poo poo would really sour me on playing.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Danaru posted:

Heavy Hitter was barely useful unless you were specifically going for a combat build anyway, now it's pretty much entirely useless

It's like they're doing the opposite of what Dead by Daylight did, where DbD kept buffing things that didn't need buffs, except they're nerfing things that don't need nerfs

Heavy Hitter is really good for helping someone make the phone call or get the car started unless Jason is Part 9. It's one of the best perks in the game and I have it on about half my characters.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The only counselor badge I don’t have is escape on the boat 13 times. Whenever I play a map with a boat it’s my only mission, I’d rather die than get out by police or car.

I’ve played on Jarvis map looking for the propellor with 2 other counselors for the full 20 minutes and none of us can find it. Start in the cabin with the propellor and Jason morphs right to me and spends 6 minutes chasing me around before he finally gets me. Other Shennagins.

Both times I played as Jason today? Boat fixed and gone within 3-5 minutes.

I don’t know anyone who plays this so I have to bitch to you all sorry.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

TheBizzness posted:

The only counselor badge I don’t have is escape on the boat 13 times. Whenever I play a map with a boat it’s my only mission, I’d rather die than get out by police or car.

I’ve played on Jarvis map looking for the propellor with 2 other counselors for the full 20 minutes and none of us can find it. Start in the cabin with the propellor and Jason morphs right to me and spends 6 minutes chasing me around before he finally gets me. Other Shennagins.

Both times I played as Jason today? Boat fixed and gone within 3-5 minutes.

I don’t know anyone who plays this so I have to bitch to you all sorry.

I understand your pain friend. I myself have never managed to survive by boat.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

I tend to be quiet when it comes to boat escapes, as people are more likely to sell you out when it comes those. Also, stay along the coastline for increased survival if Jason comes along. Finally, Jason can't hear the boat startup, so make your escape quick if you know he's distracted.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
If the boats not up in 5 minutes or less I usually give up on it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Boat is the easiest to ghost Jason on - and also the highest risk if he catches you.

As Machete says - if you want the boat get her done early. It's the lowest chance to be caught as Morph cooldown is the longest. Against Jason 7 the boat is incredibly dangerous to try - as odds are he will hear you. If he or Jason 8 catch you in the open water it's game over.

Also, I haven't been playing with goons lately because my internet has been abysmal (frequent disconnections and lag spikes) and I've been doing the Grim Dawn expansion. I may wait until the new game mode.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Yeah if Jason is even remotely aware that you're trying for the boat, consider the boat option gone. The only way you're getting out via boat once Jason knows you're attempting it is if you have high repair and he's distracted by a four seater starting up.

Once I had a bullshit Jason who was a little too good at the game I thought, who went literally straight for the boat in the first two minutes of the match. I had the propeller, guy near me had the gas, and we were right at the boat and he Morphs to with a few feet of us. All within the first 2-3 minutes of the match starting.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Got out on the boat once today, 4 more to go.

I’m disappointed there has been no Christmas update. Even if they just gave Jason a Santa hat or something.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i escape on the boat routinely, but it's only when i'm playing drunk as a skunk

i remember one time i was playing with Jade Star and apparently he wanted to butcher me one round because the previous round i had drunkenly styled on poo poo...and the first time he checked the board after he got shift, i was gone, having fixed the boat and left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

i escape on the boat routinely, but it's only when i'm playing drunk as a skunk

i remember one time i was playing with Jade Star and apparently he wanted to butcher me one round because the previous round i had drunkenly styled on poo poo...and the first time he checked the board after he got shift, i was gone, having fixed the boat and left.

Haha denied

• Locked thread