Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Rock is a loving awesome movie. Sean Connery was James Bond in that movie right? I heard/read it somewhere.

That’s a fan theory, so like all fan theories, it’s bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

That’s a fan theory, so like all fan theories, it’s bad.

Just like your fan theory that McLaren is good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Just like your fan theory that McLaren is good.

Yeah exactly

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

British electrics are absolute poo poo. We used to get like 10 year old Jags in the junkyard and 70% of the interior switches wouldn't work.

Yeh but that’s Jaguar.

Asking which is worse, Jaguar or Alpha? Is like asking if you would prefer to have Gonorrhea or Chlamydia?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Unless we're talking a V12 XJS, I'll take the clap.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

iospace posted:

we'll probably be losing three posters for a month though.

Noone important :smug:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I don't know if the stupid gif thing in FB Messenger is regional but Our Lewis LH44 Hamilton is trending:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

I just wanna go back to this post for a moment because it is easily the most correct opinion this thread has ever produced.

*desire to do "evil" dance intensifies*

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Rock is a loving awesome movie. Sean Connery was James Bond in that movie right? I heard/read it somewhere.

I never thought I'd agree with a DoctorGonzo post... but, well, there it is. DrG, are you still OK with it even after the "you just hosed up your #forzaferrari" part?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

I really hope they don't push through the women-only F1 series.

The joy of motor racing is you can't just set this poo poo up, someone has to pay for it.

And no fucker is going to pay for that, even if they inevitably just use old F3 chassis.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

Noone important :smug:

delete this crap

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CratSock posted:

I never thought I'd agree with a DoctorGonzo post... but, well, there it is. DrG, are you still OK with it even after the "you just hosed up your #forzaferrari" part?

Im the best poster in this thread

#forzaferrari

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

gently caress this dead gay thread

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

The Unfetered One posted:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im the best poster in this thread

#forzaferrari

That's like saying you're the best Haas driver.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Unfetered One posted:

This but my job, these daily meetings are killing me.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

This but my job, these daily meetings are killing me.

Don’t worry, wicka and Wirth have been clearly picking up your slack

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Don’t worry, wicka and Wirth have been clearly picking up your slack

Me and Wirth standing back to back like Rizzoli & Isles, shitposters at the ready

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

:patriot:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Me and Wirth standing back to back like Rizzoli & Isles, shitposters at the ready

Who would direct that flick?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

GramCracker posted:

Tony

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Alan Alda

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

A+ answer. :golfclap:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/the-design-flaws-that-killed-mclaren-honda-987695/

F1 Offseason: The humble oil tank seems such an innocuous component

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just ask Mercedes how important oil tanks are

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
BAR-Honda still the best with the fuel tank in a fuel tank followed by McLaren's 2nd brake pedal.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Just ask Mercedes how important oil tanks are

Toto Wolff posted:

Zeyh ahh krucial to zee suksess ov zee Mercedez team ind sekurhing mahhtiple vorld champoinships

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

I played through the second MSX one as a kid and it was basically MGS but in 2D.

I know Im pages late, but MGS basically was 2D itself. Other than the sniper rifle, the was no first person aim. Everything was top down and visibility was pretty poor. The majority of the game you find yourself shooting enemies you can't even see because of this.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE3EZTiQXKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLMCyf6W2bw

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The GPDA straight up realised what it means to have loving Americans in charge of a sport and now all the drivers are in the GPDA for the first time ever.

Also this wicked rad statement of backhanded approval for Liberty lol

quote:

GPDA chairman Alex Wurz says the drivers' body has full membership of the F1 grid, which will in turn aid the drivers' bid to get their voices heard.

"The GPDA now has 100 percent membership for the first time in recent memory and maybe history," said Wurz. "So it was a very good year. F1 is entering a period of evolution, change and perhaps even a degree of turmoil.

"All the drivers recognise that they must be united and represented, in order to face that challenge and prevent any politics or fights for power from ultimately compromising on track performance.

"The drivers believe unity is fundamental for the sport's success."

Since taking over F1, Liberty Media has taken its time in assessing what areas of the championship need tweaking.

In a bid to boost the championship's profile, F1 bosses held a street demo in London, recruited boxing announcer Michael Buffer to announce the drivers at the United States Grand Prix and improving the off-track activities for fans at grands prix venues.

F1 CEO Chase Carey has also said he wants closer competition and better racing to "make the sport more captivating".

Wurz praised Liberty for following the drivers' calls for tweaks to the aerodynamic rules but called for the focus to remain to the cars and the track performance.

"The GPDA demands only that the sport remains the centre of attention and we want to hold everyone in the decision-making process accountable for their actions and decisions," he said.

"All adjustments to the sport should only be done and conducted in the best interest of the sport and not of any one individual, and this is what unites the drivers, this sheer will to keep F1 as the pinnacle of motor racing.

"We consider F1 as Sport, not show. A driver rightly so calls himself a sportsman and not showman, because its still about the most natural human aspiration - to go faster, higher, quicker.

"Great sport is what we love to see, if great sport is embedded in a suitably created show and race experience , that would indeed be good.

"If the sport sucks, everything around the sport itself is only expensive, inauthentic and semi irrelevant. We need on track competition, but not artificially created.

"We can't be naive about the situation which F1 is in, with its complicated governing rules and agreements between various key stake holders.

"Business decisions and political power fights have damaged the sport enough at vulnerable times over the last decade.

"But the GPDA has repeatedly said that the on track action needs to be better, more closely fought and authentic.

"As such, we are glad that Liberty and their technical research team follow the GPDA's suggestion from more than a year ago, where we wished for a less sensitive airflow concept of aerodynamic-related rules in order to be able to race closer."

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

We’re still standing back to back but this time we’re like the odd couple

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Somebody took the pledge of allegiance this morning.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Someone photoshop Hasegawa and Stroll heads on to Rizzoli & Isles and the odd couple, pls.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is Hasegawa Rizzoli or Isles?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Is this the wacky comedy spin off?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Is this the wacky comedy spin off?

No, it’s just a two hander with me and Wirth arguing about Liberty.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The AIDS Couple

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

The AIDS Couple

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
AIDS Company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

This thread is the "The Legend of Frosty The Snowman" of threads. Truly, deeply unlikable, offensive to anyone unfortunate enough to notice it, and seemingly goes on and on with no discernible plot or redeeming features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Nk_4Xg8r8

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Merry Christmas? :confused:

• Locked thread