Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I had an internship at a place where all three levels of my management, and basically the same positions but horizontally in different departments were all amazing. They were technical people who succeeded at their job to the point of promotion, but somehow they all embodied the “servant manager” (I know sounds dumb) thing where they try and make life as easy as possible for the people who work for them. It was incredible, super friendly and efficient.

Possibly it was a cult or aliens idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Paul's off the train, If corker stays off just need one more

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/940633423164698626

edit: hah, this was about the CR, not the tax bill.

oh rand :allears:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

I am, and there are, but I'm not taking a sales job that's 100% commission which is what a lot of them are.

I’ve got a buddy pretty high up @ Coyote Logistics if you want me to shoot over a resume

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

Doesnt know his own birthday, has the nuclear codes

Eh, the nuclear code is always just the president's birthday so this is a net positive.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/940638954403061765

Big government memes intruding on my freedom

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/940305267287384064

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 12, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Just accidentally rebooted a virtual host instead of one virtual server lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Big government memes intruding on my freedom

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/940305267287384064
Really getting in to that MC run.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/940639116038983680?s=15

Head down, mouth closed (unyielding to alpha)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Drink pee
We

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/adequateGF/status/940619243879616513

:thunk:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

weird Asian candy posted:

He once deleted a hard drive on a SQL server because he was busy showing someone pictures of a renaissance fair he went to at the same time and didn't pay attention to what disk he was deleting. It was the main data disk with all the mdf files for all of our main databases. That's a great representation of this guy. Just a knucklehead.

Ehud posted:

Just accidentally rebooted a virtual host instead of one virtual server lol

hmmm

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahaha

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

hahaha

lmao

Oh Ehud...how much damage did that one do? And how do you accidentally reboot a host? lol Hopefully you have vMotion licenses and no one was the wiser?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't know if I was staring at my monitor wrong or what, but I suddenly started seeing flashes in my left eye out of nowhere. I Googled "retinal detachment" and "flashes in vision" and started to panic. After about ten minutes the flashes went away and things are back to normal now. That was horrifying.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

piss tape israel posted:

I don't know if I was staring at my monitor wrong or what, but I suddenly started seeing flashes in my left eye out of nowhere. I Googled "retinal detachment" and "flashes in vision" and started to panic. After about ten minutes the flashes went away and things are back to normal now. That was horrifying.

Just get a robot eye. You'll be able to see things like the Terminator.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

piss tape israel posted:

I've had that before and yes it is absolutely terrifying. The last time it happened to me it lasted for the better part of 3 hours and I was ready to carve my eyeball out of my head.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

piss tape israel posted:

Yeah retinal detachment is no joke and a bona fide medical emergency. However, seeing floaters or sparkles can be completely benign and caused by rubbing your eyes or catching a bright glimpse of light. Or it could be some hirrible affliction that leaves you blind or with some other neurological deficit. Isn't it fun to know that there are some symptoms that can range from totally benign to completely awful?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

swickles posted:

Isn't it fun to know that there are some symptoms that can range from totally benign to completely awful?
Yeah, that's why I almost started hyperventilating at my desk

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
isn't that what an ocular migraine is?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/940670788503527429

Much better choice than Moore.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

JPrime posted:

isn't that what an ocular migraine is?
After looking it up that's exactly what it was

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

maybe you need more salt. or less salt

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

hifi posted:

Just chug salt water to be safe

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

A PAC was actually airing ads in Alabama on how to write in Saban.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

lmao

Oh Ehud...how much damage did that one do? And how do you accidentally reboot a host? lol Hopefully you have vMotion licenses and no one was the wiser?

Fortunately this host has just 2 VM's right now. So it was just a 2 min downtime for one of our applications.

I was provisioning a new server and I clicked start and initiated a reboot on it and next thing you know I see "Hyper-V services are stopping..." and I realized I clicked the wrong start button.

It was a really dumb mistake. I was trying to do too many things at once. The funny thing is that I am super paranoid about server reboots to the point where I usually open a command prompt, confirm the host name and then shutdown -r -t 0.

Oh well. It put the fear of god in me again. I was sleepwalking through today because I didn't go to sleep until 1am #finsup

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

piss tape israel posted:

Yeah, that's why I almost started hyperventilating at my desk

Same thing happened to me earlier this year. All of a sudden I couldn't focus in my right eye and there were weird flashes.

Went to the optometrist and got prescription sunglasses

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

seiferguy posted:

A PAC was actually airing ads in Alabama on how to write in Saban.

Pawl, how is my boy Saban gonna have time to recruit, if he has to be up in DC to vote on the healthcare bill? Tell me that, Pawl!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My wife got Christmas pics of our dogs today and this one is lol

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ehud posted:

My wife got Christmas pics of our dogs today and this one is lol

That's a good dog!

Our dog goes to doggy daycare next week and will be seeing Santa. I'll be sure to post the pics here.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

hifi posted:

Never put salt in your eyes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Latest Quinnipiac poll: https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2507

4. What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of President Trump? (Numbers are not percentages. Figures show the number of times each response was given. This table reports only words that were mentioned at least five times.)
Tot

idiot 53
liar 44
incompetent 36
leader 35
strong 35
rear end in a top hat 26
great 21
moron 19
arrogant 18
disgusting 17
unqualified 16
crazy 15
bold 14
buffoon 12
dangerous 12
ignorant 12
corrupt 11
dishonest 11
honest 11
racist 11
businessman 10
different 10
stupid 10
business 9
change 9
egotistical 9
fraud 9
good 9
narcissist 9
president 9
American 8
jerk 8
trying 8
unstable 8
awesome 7
bombastic 7
disaster 7
pig 7
childish 6
dumb 6
evil 6
joke 6
powerful 6
courageous 5
disgrace 5
fantastic 5
hard-worker 5
insane 5

Surprised so few said "American" because that encapsulates all of these.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Holy loving poo poo:

12. In general, do you believe that the Republicans in Congress put country over party, or do you think that they put party over country?

Republicans:
46 Country Over Party
45 Party Over Country

-------------------------------------------------------

18. Since the election of Donald Trump, do you believe the level of hatred and prejudice in the U.S. has increased, the level of hatred and prejudice has decreased, or hasn't it changed either way?

Increased: 62%
Decreased 4%
No Change 31%

----------------------------------------------------------

Dang:

40. If Roy Moore is elected and the Senate chooses not to expel him, do you think that will damage the reputation of the Republican Party in a significant way, or not?

Republicans:
Yes/Damage Rep: 26%

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/940699871887220738

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ehud posted:

Fortunately this host has just 2 VM's right now. So it was just a 2 min downtime for one of our applications.

I was provisioning a new server and I clicked start and initiated a reboot on it and next thing you know I see "Hyper-V services are stopping..." and I realized I clicked the wrong start button.

It was a really dumb mistake. I was trying to do too many things at once. The funny thing is that I am super paranoid about server reboots to the point where I usually open a command prompt, confirm the host name and then shutdown -r -t 0.

Oh well. It put the fear of god in me again. I was sleepwalking through today because I didn't go to sleep until 1am #finsup

That sucks, I've been there. The "Oh no. Oh NO! OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO" until the server comes back up as you play dumb and hope no one realizes.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Latest Quinnipiac poll: https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2507

4. What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of President Trump? (Numbers are not percentages. Figures show the number of times each response was given. This table reports only words that were mentioned at least five times.)
Tot

idiot 53
liar 44
incompetent 36
leader 35
strong 35
rear end in a top hat 26
great 21
moron 19
arrogant 18
disgusting 17
unqualified 16
crazy 15
bold 14
buffoon 12
dangerous 12
ignorant 12
corrupt 11
dishonest 11
honest 11
racist 11
businessman 10
different 10
stupid 10
business 9
change 9
egotistical 9
fraud 9
good 9
narcissist 9
president 9
American 8
jerk 8
trying 8
unstable 8
awesome 7
bombastic 7
disaster 7
pig 7
childish 6
dumb 6
evil 6
joke 6
powerful 6
courageous 5
disgrace 5
fantastic 5
hard-worker 5
insane 5

I'm surprised "retard" isn't on the list, even if it is a politically incorrect term to use

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

idiot 53
liar 44
incompetent 36
leader 35
strong 35
rear end in a top hat 26
great 21
moron 19
arrogant 18
disgusting 17
unqualified 16
crazy 15
bold 14
buffoon 12
dangerous 12
ignorant 12
corrupt 11
dishonest 11
honest 11
racist 11
businessman 10
different 10
stupid 10
business 9
change 9
egotistical 9
fraud 9
good 9
narcissist 9
president 9
American 8
jerk 8
trying 8
unstable 8
awesome 7
bombastic 7
disaster 7
pig 7
childish 6
dumb 6
evil 6
joke 6
powerful 6
courageous 5
disgrace 5
fantastic 5
hard-worker 5
insane 5

Similar results would probably be true for every president since Adams.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

ChickenMedium posted:

Never put salt in your eyes.

Always put salt in my eyes?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

I'm surprised "retard" isn't on the list, even if it is a politically incorrect term to use

I was looking for predator or rapist.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kalli posted:

Tot

idiot 53
liar 44
incompetent 36
leader 35
strong 35
rear end in a top hat 26
great 21
moron 19
arrogant 18
disgusting 17
unqualified 16
crazy 15
bold 14
buffoon 12
dangerous 12
ignorant 12
corrupt 11
dishonest 11
honest 11
racist 11
businessman 10
different 10
stupid 10
business 9
change 9
egotistical 9
fraud 9
good 9
narcissist 9
president 9
American 8
jerk 8
trying 8
unstable 8
awesome 7
bombastic 7
disaster 7
pig 7
childish 6
dumb 6
evil 6
joke 6
powerful 6
courageous 5
disgrace 5
fantastic 5
hard-worker 5
insane 5

--------------------------------------------------------------

Holy loving poo poo:

12. In general, do you believe that the Republicans in Congress put country over party, or do you think that they put party over country?

Republicans:
46 Country Over Party
45 Party Over Country

-------------------------------------------------------

18. Since the election of Donald Trump, do you believe the level of hatred and prejudice in the U.S. has increased, the level of hatred and prejudice has decreased, or hasn't it changed either way?

Increased: 62%
Decreased 4%
No Change 31%

----------------------------------------------------------

Dang:

40. If Roy Moore is elected and the Senate chooses not to expel him, do you think that will damage the reputation of the Republican Party in a significant way, or not?

Republicans:
Yes/Damage Rep: 26%

That is interesting as hell to read through.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

There is a barber school here in town and I just went and got a beard trim, straight razor lineup and shave, and a beard condition and oil.

4 bucks and my beard looks better than it ever has.

Hello weekly ritual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

National democrats claiming a Roy Moore victory is actually a win for 2018 are disgusting.

Kids getting molested shouldn't be a win for anyone except the pedophile who got away with it and now gets to be a US senator.

• Locked thread