Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

TheAgent posted:

I really do think they are at the 200 or less full time staff at this point

they have a very, very bad reputation among devs and no one I know would ever promote them as a place to work

they are toxic as gently caress and are really struggling to find decently experienced people to hire

That just means less of the funding going to payroll.

Star Citizen is saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

If we're honest for a second, in 2017 who can seriously put their hand on their heart and say these idiots don't deserve to get scammed?

People like that Tarkoashe feller sure.

But guy's like that Michu feller are broken in the brain in the sort of way that while they will get taken advantage of, and will be taken advantage of in the future like a loyal dog who thinks their master is coming back after leaving the on the side of the road.
They don't deserve it in any karmic sense.

I feel pity for him.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

People like that Tarkoashe feller sure.

But guy's like that Michu feller are broken in the brain in the sort of way that while they will get taken advantage of, and will be taken advantage of in the future like a loyal dog who thinks their master is coming back after leaving the on the side of the road.
They don't deserve it in any karmic sense.

I feel pity for him.
don't you dare lump doggies in with star citizen backers

you've gone too far this time, lladre

too goddamn far

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, I don't eat fried foods.

Dude what is wrong with you? You don't drink, you don't eat fried food, and you don't know how to make a tl;dr of anything. You're like the human equivalent of the description of food in The Matrix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEnJfZ9joY

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

let them keep this tire fire burning forever

https://twitter.com/wolexakefuz/status/940695025738043392

10 years.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

DapperDon posted:

Dude what is wrong with you? You don't drink

He drinks. He likes Bailey's Irish Cream.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I am Dereks alter, the fat white guy who loves alcohol and fried foods

and I don't blog

the therapist sometimes wonders if I'm the primary or if the Derek personality was so strong it took over

or if it's a primal fear sorta situation and I don't exist at all

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheAgent posted:

too goddamn far

Do you even have a dog?

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

DapperDon posted:

You don't drink, you don't eat fried food, and you don't know how to make a tl;dr of anything.

Derek's philosophy must be if you drink and eat fried foods, soon you'll find yourself in a tl;dr life :lol:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
only 8 years to go according to SC metrics

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

Do you even have a dog?
man after all these years how can you even ask me that

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

too goddamn far

That reminds me - which one of you was it that wrote the fanfiction where I played Star Citizen until I died and Kayak watched the EMTs take me away?

Because I owe you a ban :colbert:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Comparing Kojima to anything Star Citizen chaps my rear end.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure I've kept all my sc thread poster fiction (erotic or not) offsite and under a different username

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

They're grasping at the most tenuous straws now. I think Kojima, whether you like his stuff or not, has an established history of delivery. If it takes him 6 years, you know for the entire time that he's making progress, has a plan, knows how to do it, and will get it done.

By contrast Chris Roberts has a documented history of failure (just like now), he's failed to deliver games in the past due to scope creep and ignorance of the subject (just like now), the games he failed to deliver in the past due to scope creep and ignorance of the subject were space games in particular (just like now), and he's been doing a note-perfect imitation of his previous fuckups since the project began. Nothing is planned, nothing is documented, nothing is scoped, nobody knows what the game is supposed to be, and there is no position in any of their multiple studios around the world whose job it is to determine those things, much less enforce them.

To compare these two people is absolutely ludicrous - they're not even both game developers. The only thing Chris Roberts ever developed was an extra chromosome.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

+

https://photofunia.com/effects/anime

=

Even loving anime filters know what's up.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
although I have PMed a dick pic to every poster in this thread as an early Xmas gift

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

although I have PMed a dick pic to every poster in this thread as an early Xmas gift

you forgot me, rude

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheAgent posted:

This calls for a mod challenge.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Bribase posted:

We laugh at you guys all the time, especially on spectrum and discord. Our community even had an entire sub laughing at Derek.

Your laughing just looks like petty little snickers to be honest. Sometimes I smile at the photoshops but then I see people angry posting huge libelous rants in between them which kind of puts the "we're just over here laughing" to lie

"To lie!"

Surface detail really stepped up his game with this alt. It's like the real thing but I've oft been wrong.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

That reminds me - which one of you was it that wrote the fanfiction where I played Star Citizen until I died and Kayak watched the EMTs take me away?

Because I owe you a ban :colbert:

That sounds like something MoMA would write in a fit of despair after finding out CIG are indeed selling land.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

Dude...uh...you should get that thing checked out at the clinic.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
look man, I can't help that my dick looks like cheaply bought steam keys from some online retailer in north Korea

let's just say I've never had any complaints

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
but seriously I will be doing a steam key Xmas giveaway for peeps in this thread next week as a thank you for the games I've recently received

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

but seriously I will be doing a steam key Xmas giveaway for peeps in this thread next week as a thank you for the games I've recently received

:trustme:

It's going to be Bad Rats, isn't it?

e: looks like they still haven't replaced that emote. I'll go poke one of the admins again.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

look man, I can't help that my dick looks like cheaply bought steam keys from some online retailer in north Korea

let's just say I've never had any complaints

Well ok then son, expect a refund reddit.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

TheAgent posted:

TIA for the Line of Defense key.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Wait. Then whos dick is in my inbox.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Beet Wagon posted:

:trustme:

It's going to be Bad Rats, isn't it?

e: looks like they still haven't replaced that emote. I'll go poke one of the admins again.

Jokes on you, there's a sequel. That may or may not be the same game.

Over and under on them hiring the Bad Rats guy for the physics in Star Citizen?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Scruffpuff posted:

They're grasping at the most tenuous straws now. I think Kojima, whether you like his stuff or not, has an established history of delivery. If it takes him 6 years, you know for the entire time that he's making progress, has a plan, knows how to do it, and will get it done.

I noped out of his stuff on Metal Gear Solid 2. It was a good game, and had some ridiculous "fidelitous" things in it that could've only come from someone who loved what they were making. The story in the cutscenes was just too much for me.

At least he makes impressive things, whether or not the story line rolls your eyes out of your head.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

I noped out of his stuff on Metal Gear Solid 2. It was a good game, and had some ridiculous "fidelitous" things in it that could've only come from someone who loved what they were making. The story in the cutscenes was just too much for me.

At least he makes impressive things, whether or not the story line rolls your eyes out of your head.

MGSV has some amazing gameplay with serious repeatability

if you don't have it, check it out

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Sickening posted:

I still can't and will never fathom how someone spends 40k on a video game that does the mental gymnastics to justify it. The level of mental illness required is astounding.

BoreScammer 40K.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Wait. Then whos dick is in my inbox.

I thought maybe you wanted to get together or something.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

Lowtax and his crew don't yet have those pipeline skills like Chris & Co have perfected.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

TheAgent posted:

Is this the ELE?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

Comparing Kojima to anything Star Citizen chaps my rear end.

I think realistically, if you think about it, Kojima made that statement specifically to reference Star Citizen, because Chris Roberts is the one game developer he feels he can never hold a candle to, and he's trying to cover up for his hero before he makes the Last Game, rendering Kojima's future career plans moot. Which he's totally OK with because he will live forever in the 'Verse playing infinite subsumption NPC AI dynamic missions that will always be cinematic and have procedurally generated storylines that thrust even his best ideas into the shade.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Rad Russian posted:

Is this the ELE?

Extension Level: Erect.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

TheAgent posted:

MGSV has some amazing gameplay with serious repeatability

if you don't have it, check it out

I'm beyond it at this point.

What I remember is his games having schizophrenic stories, with obnoxiously long drawn out cinema sequences, but you could watch ice cubes melt, and shoot the seagulls making GBS threads on you.

The games worked, though. I stuck with him from the first Metal Gear on the NES, finished by getting all the dog tags on MGS2, and I'm fine with leaving it there.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

If your ELE persists for more than two years consult with your warlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

I'm beyond it at this point.

What I remember is his games having schizophrenic stories, with obnoxiously long drawn out cinema sequences, but you could watch ice cubes melt, and shoot the seagulls making GBS threads on you.

The games worked, though. I stuck with him from the first Metal Gear on the NES, finished by getting all the dog tags on MGS2, and I'm fine with leaving it there.
well now I know what santa is bringing XK this year