Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

RasperFat posted:

Has Ty Cobb been right about anything related to the Russia investigation?

I feel like I remember him making a least 2 other, similar statements that were completely wrong.

Corn Cobb is a modern day Nostradamus. This investigation will be wrapped up by Xmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Too real.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
After consideration, while my intention was not to offend, I now understand that it did. I apologize and will apply these lessons going forward.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sure. the propaganda arm will say whatever. my guess is if jones wins, the GOP is gonna start panicking and realize they cant back insane nuts anymore. they wont do anything about it, but the seed would be planted.

The GOP establishment was opposed to Moore

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
can't w8 for douggoe to win

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

evilweasel posted:

no, and people can't decide if he's stunningly incompetent, lying to trump to avoid trump firing mueller, or both

“The best people”

I feel like I’m in a constant flux state of amused and terrified that 1/3 of my country sincerely thinks that Trump and his team are slam-dunking everything in a parade of kickass swamp draining and truth telling.

We better put some huge names in jail for a long rear end time when Mueller finally drops his big bombs. Ford pardoning Nixon was a mistake that shouldn’t be repeated.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
This stress is beginning to get to me and I still have another five hours left on this shift.

Despera posted:

There are about 5 people in Alabama that identify as democrats
poo poo, who the other four? I should start a club with them.

Edit: Jones is going to win. Jones is going to win. Jones is going to win.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
In other news, Tillerson says the US is now open to talking to NK without preconditions.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Your Taint posted:

In other news, Tillerson says the US is now open to talking to NK without preconditions.

OBAMACARE HAS GONE TOO FAR :argh:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Your Taint posted:

Well that’s unexpected.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alter Ego posted:

Doug Jones: Literally the leader of the Neutral Planet from Futurama
Well that explains his latest campaign slogan:

Doug Jones: Vote. Or Don't.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

RasperFat posted:

“The best people”

I feel like I’m in a constant flux state of amused and terrified that 1/3 of my country sincerely thinks that Trump and his team are slam-dunking everything in a parade of kickass swamp draining and truth telling.

We better put some huge names in jail for a long rear end time when Mueller finally drops his big bombs. Ford pardoning Nixon was a mistake that shouldn’t be repeated.

trump tried to hire actual good lawyers and they refused because of one or more of: (a) fear trump wouldn't pay them; (b) fear that recruiting new lawyers to 'trumps law firm' would be impossible; (c) keeping clients and getting new ones at 'trumps law firm' would be impossible; and (d) trump is a goddamned buffoon who will destroy the reputation of even the best lawyer when he ignores all advice

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Your Taint posted:

on the other hand, tillerson basically doesn't speak for the united states anymore

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Your Taint posted:

Why would they bother? Their only demand would be "remove all sanctions"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Office Pig posted:

Well that’s unexpected.

We'll see how long it survives twitter

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Your Taint posted:

This stance will be reversed with a tweet.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Your Taint posted:

Surprise, everyone in the diplomatic corps who was dealing with NK before Trump weren't stupid and useless.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I don't think that's what bearing false witness means.

also there's no such thing as an after life.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I'm starting to think Your Taint might actually be thirteen years old and now I feel bad.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If by "without preconditions" you mean "with only a few preconditions"

quote:

The top US diplomat laid out one caveat: North Korea would have to ensure a period of quiet during talks.

"If there was any condition at all to any of this, is that, look, it's going to be tough to talk if, in the middle of talks, you decide to test another device," Tillerson said.
"So I clearly think they understand that if we are going to talk, we have to have period of quiet ... or it's going to be very difficult to have productive discussions. And so we continue to indicate to them, we need a period of quiet. You need to tell us you want to talk, the door is open. But we'll show up when you tell us you're ready to talk."

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Duke Igthorn posted:

Well that explains his latest campaign slogan:

Doug Jones: Vote. Or Don't.

Doug Jones: All I Know Is My Gut Says Maybe

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
has anyone said "lolabama" yet

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

Tillerson: "No butt stuff"

*news media reports it*

Tillerson, after seeing media report: "OK, some butt stuff"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Your Taint posted:

Which probably means he's getting fired by the end of the week.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

This stance will be reversed with a tweet.

Tillerson: We are open to negotiation
Trump: NO NEGOTIATING WITH ROCKET MAN
Sanders: Donald Trump didn’t mean there will be no negotiation
Trump: I poo poo MY PANTS ON PURPOSE

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Petr posted:

I'm starting to think Your Taint might actually be thirteen years old and now I feel bad.

That's what Roy Moore said. Haha just kidding, he didn't feel bad.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Corn Cobb is a modern day Nostradamus.

When asked what the president's latest thoughts were regarding the Mueller investigation, Cobb pulled a scrying mirror from his pocket and stared into it for a while before replying "The voice of the unusual bird will be heard in the pipe of the breathing floor".

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Report from Canada: My supervisor at work was freaking out about Moore and I am reading this thread in between bouts of doing actual work. Why the hell does an election in Alabama interest us so? Maybe it's because the States have become such a gong show. Good luck Alabama and US goons.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It would be a pretty drat drastic sign that people as a whole are going "This gong show sucks"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Madkal posted:

Report from Canada: My supervisor at work was freaking out about Moore and I am reading this thread in between bouts of doing actual work. Why the hell does an election in Alabama interest us so? Maybe it's because the States have become such a gong show. Good luck Alabama and US goons.

Our hell will swallow you all if it is not stopped. Enjoy the final years of placid neoliberalism before it all comes down on you.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

evilweasel posted:

trump tried to hire actual good lawyers and they refused because of one or more of: (a) fear trump wouldn't pay them; (b) fear that recruiting new lawyers to 'trumps law firm' would be impossible; (c) keeping clients and getting new ones at 'trumps law firm' would be impossible; and (d) trump is a goddamned buffoon who will destroy the reputation of even the best lawyer when he ignores all advice

It does provide some schadenfreude that Trump has made his own name so toxic that even lawyers, known to be fine with shielding the worst people for enough money, aren’t willing to associate themselves with him.

Also reminds me of an insane pro-Trump ex-coworker. When I brought up that Trump scammed contractors and refused to pay them, he said that’s how people do smart business; it’s how you get rich. At least it appears the high profile law offices are not so mentally impaired.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

there is a meaningful difference between that and "accept that these negotiations are only about how we denuclearize you", that's more of a "demonstrate you're actually willing to make any sort of compromise"

of course, a sane person might ask what evidence there is trump is willing to compromise, or hold to a deal for longer than it takes the person to leave the room

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I think this thread just broke like the previous Middle East thread.

Edit: Huh, nevermind

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Madkal posted:

When you liberate us I promise to share with you the beer of my people.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
There's no way jones actually wins, right guise? And if he doesn't, it means that VA was a fluke and the Republicans are keeping both chambers and the presidency for the next generation, right?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Madkal posted:

Canada is basically a savestate of the US; we watch the States, see what they did wrong and try to avoid doing that.

Sometimes we're not paying attention though and we gently caress up in exactly the same way.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Petr posted:

There's no way jones actually wins, right guise? And if he doesn't, it means that VA was a fluke and the Republicans are keeping both chambers and the presidency for the next generation, right?

Jones winning merely puts off the Age of the Guillotine.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Chadderbox posted:

I think this thread just broke like the previous Middle East thread.

Edit: Huh, nevermind

Doesn't look like anything to me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Petr posted:

It means there are a lot of pedophiles in Alabama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Doesn't look like anything to me.

The new comment count froze at 1 for about 30 seconds even when there was nothing new. Seems to have cleared up.

• Locked thread