Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You've earned a decent amount of gems from lootboxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Announce a hero that doesn't suck, tia Blizz.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Semper Fudge posted:

Announce a hero that doesn't suck, tia Blizz.

I'm excited about the rumored next 3 though. They'll probably suck though

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm excited about the rumored next 3 though. They'll probably suck though

What are those? I forgot since most of the ones I remember being leaked have already been announced. Firebat? Some other things?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Kind of feels like they are out of hero ideas.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

first placement match of the season, the enemy team immediately drafts tracer and illidan into my first pick lili. never change, game.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Is it strategically advantageous to avoid doing placements right at the start (or the opposite?)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Libertine posted:

What are those? I forgot since most of the ones I remember being leaked have already been announced. Firebat? Some other things?

Firebat, a Dreadlord, and some other guy that I've forgotten.

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013

Midnightghoul posted:

Nazeebo's Superstition still not fixed?

It's fixed, it's just not listed in the bug-fixes on the notes yet. Same for Rexxar's Hunter-Gatherer not working.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Hanzo looks very disappointing.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

AlmightyBob posted:

first placement match of the season, the enemy team immediately drafts tracer and illidan into my first pick lili. never change, game.

I got punished hard for this with my next match being a Nova slam first pick and a solo Sylvanas and a Falstad that would fly right into enemy groups

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So if Hanzo just got released, when could we expect more information on the next hero? And are the spoilers suggesting it will be the Firebat? I could have sworn we heard rumors of it before Hanzo but instead we got Hanzo.

Of course no idea how it will actually work, but I am tentatively excited. Hoping for an aoe basic or something.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Hanzo came out three weeks after Alexstrazsa. But they were a two-fer so he may have followed more quickly after her than is typical.

No Wave posted:

You've earned a decent amount of gems from lootboxes?

I dunno where it came from. All I know is I had over 1k (since 2.0 gave you 1000) and still do after paying like 580 for the skins sans unlocking Hanzo, since I bought him with gold.

Also, try as I might to like Hanzo, he is quite bad. You can build his Storm Bow to hit like a truck, but Scatter feels absolutely horrible to use, and even when it hits it feels piss-weak. He has some very minor utility between sonic and his D. He basically only has one useful attack ability--everything else about his kit sucks.

Edit: I also had an Azmodan manage to keep his beam tracking me after I leapt over a loving wall and broke LOS. I died. Good job, game! :bravo:

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 12, 2017

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

beejay posted:

Kind of feels like they are out of hero ideas.

There's like thirty characters they haven't used yet from their games that would make for interesting HotS characters.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Power Bottom posted:

Firebat, a Dreadlord, and some other guy that I've forgotten.
Belial, wasn't it?

I hope some of the Diablo heroes make fun of him the way Johanna does Azmodan. :allears:

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hanzo does have the thing where he instantly kills a minion with his basic, no idea if that will be of any actual use.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
He fires slowly enough that it's not really that great. I haven't tried a full attack speed build but even with his level 1 attack speed boost quest, it doesn't seem worth it. (Edit: I'm not sure he even has any other attack speed boost stuff.) I had far better luck making storm bow be explodey when hitting minions, because the explosion can hit heroes.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Dick Burglar posted:

Edit: I also had an Azmodan manage to keep his beam tracking me after I leapt over a loving wall and broke LOS. I died. Good job, game! :bravo:
Azmo's beam stays on you as long as you're in range which if he's laser build is disgustingly far. It gives zero fucks about LOS.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

new zeratul looks scary, especially with 25% movement speed.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
This get posted here yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr6lZtuXI-4

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Erdricks posted:

new zeratul looks scary, especially with 25% movement speed.

Isn't that the bad trap talent?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Nova indeed hurts a lot more now

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I spent about half of my first game today on a stealth character wondering why people kept throwing skillshots my way when I was stealthed. I mean, I know the first rule of stealth play is "play as if they can see you 100% of the time", but when you play in wood league where pretty much nobody can see the shimmer you tend to get a little lazy with it.

Lots of bad habits to unlearn now.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Honestly I find Nova shimmer harder to spot now than before.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

bio347 posted:

I spent about half of my first game today on a stealth character wondering why people kept throwing skillshots my way when I was stealthed. I mean, I know the first rule of stealth play is "play as if they can see you 100% of the time", but when you play in wood league where pretty much nobody can see the shimmer you tend to get a little lazy with it.

Lots of bad habits to unlearn now.

Yeah, this happened to me my first Valeera game. I knew I was more visible, but it took some time to start changing habits.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Honestly I find Nova shimmer harder to spot now than before.

Yeah I had the same issue but I think it's because we're so used to trying to look for the old shimmer. Once we get used to it it'll really help out.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Isn't that the bad trap talent?

Fake edit: it may have been nova who got the speed. Driving now.

Erdricks fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 13, 2017

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Really loving these laning changes; just played a < 6:00 minute game on Braxis where the first wave cleared the core :thumbsup:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Erdricks posted:

Is it strategically advantageous to avoid doing placements right at the start (or the opposite?)

Three considerations:

1. Are you practiced in ranked and generally on your A game? Placements matter more than general season games.

2. What is your tolerance for risk? The pool of potential allies is larger, so you might play with better than normal allies just as likely as worse than normal allies. It's symmetric, so there's a 44% chance the boosted day 1 Hanjo is on your team and a 55% chance they are on red team.* The same can be said about a D1 Tracer though. Do ya feel lucky?

3. Do you have more fun in ranked? If so don't sweat it, bad matchups happen all season.

*Unless you are the boosted day 1 Hanjo :v:

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Nova seems insanely strong now.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-MOCDvbk5o

Haven't finished watching but McIntyre likes Hanzo.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

porfiria posted:

Nova seems insanely strong now.

She's very rusty in the early-ish game but yeah One in the Chamber, Double Tap and Crippling Shot are loving insane once you can get to 16.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

These new globe changes are great for anyone with globe talents; as Chromie, I'm getting Timewalker's Pursuit done way faster than normal because I can harass people off their globes so easily.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Dick Burglar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-MOCDvbk5o

Haven't finished watching but McIntyre likes Hanzo.

As he should! It's time to get hanzo to level 15 baby

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Well first qm game and the only hanzo is raging that we all suck.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Well first qm game and the only hanzo is raging that we all suck.

Like fuckin clockwork.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I was watching a couple of pros tonight and hanzo was well received, particularly as a jungler with the benefit of decent team fight capability, especially with the global on potg.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Erdricks posted:

Hero league isn't a pit. Hero league is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to AI or quick match or unranked. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Samuro is just disgustingly fun since you can start mind gaming the other team from level 1.

And now that clones can tank structures he has okay siege too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

EdRush posted:

Hero league isn't a pit. Hero league is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to AI or quick match or unranked. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

the ladder might be real but it's covered in spikes and poo poo

and the only thing at the top is more ladder