Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blitz7x posted:

That is a hell of a stone to be throwing from a glass house

lmao raiders are trash

football is great again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

a neat cape posted:

lmao broncos are trash

football is great again

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah.

I rooted for you guys today so I'm just mad at you

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

a neat cape posted:

Yeah.

I rooted for you guys today so I'm just mad at you

Hell, same

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm already hyped for Saturday

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Blitz7x posted:

That is a hell of a stone to be throwing from a glass house

yeah but when the glass house comes down it'll be more entertaining and dramatic than anything else in the league

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chromatic posted:

yeah but when the glass house comes down it'll be more entertaining and dramatic than anything else in the league

Turn on 610 in the morning and hold on tight.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Turn on 610 in the morning and hold on tight.

i've never listened but i assume it's just nonstop marcus peters bashing.

the takes on him being out this week are going to be electric now

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chromatic posted:

i've never listened but i assume it's just nonstop marcus peters bashing.

the takes on him being out this week are going to be electric now

Fescoe will be loving insufferable.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao jets

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
another game with Ragland looking great, he was quite a steal

The Chargers game is going to be a good one

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I can't believe I was disappointed in a Broncos win.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My one takeaway from yesterday's game is Josh McCown's alt-right haircut

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Croatoan posted:

I can't believe I was disappointed in a Broncos win.

Broncos even bad at losing.

Gonna go 6-10, get a poo poo pick, and Vance will be around next year to oversee another dumpster fire of a season. :toot:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah, if the Broncos somehow win out, Vance might earn himself one more season. And maybe he'll actually improve as a head coach

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

piss tape israel posted:

Yeah, if the Broncos somehow win out, Vance might earn himself one more season. And maybe he'll actually improve as a head coach

And maybe I'll start making GBS threads gold and pissing rainbows

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I said "might" and "maybe"

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

I'm already hyped for Saturday

Same here. Chiefs have given the Chargers a bad time the last three years, but they're playing far better than they were when they met earlier in the season and they have the pass rush to rattle Smith into a bunch of mistakes. Their D has fallen off hard, beating up on a severely underperforming Raider team aside.

That being said the main thing that concerns me is the Chiefs getting back to their run game. The Chargers run a ton of dime sets with Adrian Phillips essentially as the other LB next to Perryman, and it's worked because they've forced the offenses they've faced to junk the run and throw it early and often. I just get the feeling teams that are disciplined and can run the ball inside are going to give the Chargers a lot of grief because they're mainly playing pass and our DTs aren't great against the run this season. If they get up early on the Chiefs like they have against everybody they've faced the last few weeks, then I think they'll come away with it because Smith has shown that he isn't the QB that can pull KC out of a jam like he did earlier this season. Not against a pass defense like what the Chargers have right now, anyway.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Meh the Chargers and Chiefs are both capable of playing like they have at any point in the season. We'll have to watch to see which team shows up.

It's not like injuries changed the teams since the last time they played.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If Rivers inexplicably plays like utter poo poo again the Chiefs can win rather easily. I...obviously don't expect that to happen.

It's hard for me to see a path for the Chiefs to win this game that doesn't involve a whole lot of the Chargers loving up.

e: I guess even if I'm right the good news for the Chiefs is everything about the Chargers for the last 3 years.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 12, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers pass rush got held in check by a shaky Washington OL yesterday. Smith is a better QB than Cousins and has better weapons, so if the pass rush struggles, the secondary needs to play out of its mind.

And we cannot keep settling for field goals in the redzone.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

You know the most infuriating thing was you did not punt until the 4th quarter. gently caress Greg Williams.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

Smith is a better QB than Cousins
wait what

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

This is key also. I do think that while the Chargers offense has made huge strides since the beginning of the season, they haven't really settled on whether they want to throw it or just try and cram it in on the ground. As good as they've been protecting Rivers this season, they've really struggled at run blocking for a lot of it also. Good news is that the Chiefs don't have much of a run defense so perhaps there's some opportunities for Gordon/Ekler to do some poo poo.

Flikken posted:

You know the most infuriating thing was you did not punt until the 4th quarter. gently caress Greg Williams.

I was kinda impressed by the Browns' defense in that game, honestly. They made the Chargers settle for FGs instead of TDs constantly in the red zone when even another TD would've resulted in them getting obliterated. Cleveland's d-line is really good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well this season by about any metric you can think of that's true.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Good news is that the Chiefs don't have much of a run defense so perhaps there's some opportunities for Gordon/Ekler to do some poo poo.

Ekeler has made me forget completely about Branden Oliver. It annoyed me the amount of poo poo he was getting because of the play before the half yesterday

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Durandal1707 posted:

I was kinda impressed by the Browns' defense in that game, honestly. They made the Chargers settle for FGs instead of TDs constantly in the red zone when even another TD would've resulted in them getting obliterated. Cleveland's d-line is really good.

I mean how? We did not cover TEs, at all, and got no pressure on Rivers. Its 3rd down? Just toss it to Hunter Henry or Gates, you just converted.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Chiefs are gonna piss pound the Chargers on SundaySaturday because it's destiny to lose in the first round of playoff football.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 12, 2017

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

lmao

is kpass any good or show promise? i haven't watched the last 3-4 games.

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/940696280266870784

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chromatic posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/940696280266870784

That tweet is dumb, because Houston's lineman just sort of rolled over but Kpass's launched himself right at hip level. I'm sure there's a skill difference between the two of them, but it's not evident in that clip.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

Shown promise I guess? He's toolsy but nowhere near ready and in an ideal world he wouldn't be playing outside of garbage time right now.

He's probably got the stuff to be good, whether he puts it all together is :shrug:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I remember when he was drafted and people were comparing him to Jevon Kearse.

lol

Trade Alex Smith to Cleveland for one of their firsts and draft either a corner or pass rusher.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

kiimo posted:

I remember when he was drafted and people were comparing him to Jevon Kearse.

lol

Trade Alex Smith to Cleveland for one of their firsts and draft either a corner or pass rusher.

you gave up a 2nd and a 3rd for him, you are not getting a first.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

you gave up a 2nd and a 3rd for him, you are not getting a first.

It was two 2nds.

I suppose you could imagine that he's proven himself since that trade since he was not particularly good up until relatively close to that trade. But he's proven himself as very meh.

e: I guess unless he turns it on and is awesome for the last few games and theoretically playoffs, then you can point to an actually really good year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cleveland tried to trade a second and a third for AJ McCarron. They have six picks in the first three rounds, about a billion dollars and John Dorsey is there. They'd pay it and let Alex Smith win some games and change the culture while grooming Lamar Jackson or something.

Cleveland needs wins.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Cleveland tried to trade a second and a third for AJ McCarron.

The problem with your theory is that Hue Jackson has never coached Alex Smith and decided he's amazing solely because Hue Jackson had coached him at one point.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LA radio is hilarious. Like, if you're going to write off a team from a fly-over state(s) don't do it for the sake of the Chargers beating the Chiefs at home.

I know you're all new to this rivalry. Never put your faith in the Chargers. They are the Jigsaw of NFL teams and will find new ways to make you hurt.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

LA radio is hilarious. Like, if you're going to write off a team from a fly-over state(s) don't do it for the sake of the Chargers beating the Chiefs at home.

I know you're all new to this rivalry. Never put your faith in the Chargers. They are the Jigsaw of NFL teams and will find new ways to make you hurt.

Believe me, San Diego radio is doing nothing of the sort

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean, the Chargers could easily win but the LA attitude that they're going to win is infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

LA is used to champions so maybe win more?

• Locked thread