Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It occurred to me today that I do not know a single Morrissey song but I know like five Morrissey controversies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It occurred to me today that I do not know a single Morrissey song but I know like five Morrissey controversies

[video type="youtu"]bf6Xwb03jTE[/video]

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FizFashizzle posted:

[video type="youtu"]bf6Xwb03jTE[/video]

dont get the appeal tbh

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I can't stand that stupid commercial with that annoying little kid and her iPad and it's making me turn into one of those "mute the TV during commercials" weirdos that no one wants to watch football with.

Is she serious with that? Her nice old neighbor lady comes outside and shows interest in her boring rear end life. There’s no chance her neighbor actually gives a gently caress what she’s doing on her computer. I’m sure she has 1,000 much more important things she could spend her time worrying about, but she’s being nice because she knows that girl has no friends and just spends all her time riding her dumb rear end bike around, taking weird pictures of bugs and sitting in trees by herself, so she clearly thinks this girl is super depressed and is just being friendly so the girl doesn’t kill herself.

And what does the girl do in return? Snaps back like a snarky little know it all bitch. “What’s a computer?” Oh shut the gently caress up. Just answer the loving question. No wonder nobody wants to ride bikes with you. No wonder your only semblance of a friend is this Asian freak who lives 5,000 miles away.

He could be in the USA in some foreign exchange program but ultimately decided building a computer, oh I’m sorry, building an iPad, for 5 cents an hour was a better use of his time than hanging out with your lame, snippety rear end. He probably broke his arm by jumping from the 10th floor of one of those iPhone factories where they have all the nets to stop them from killing themselves after you FaceTimed him for the 16th time of the day. Can’t wait for her to grow up and blame the government for all her problems and march in the streets holding up traffic because she feels the man has held her back. It won’t be that though. It’ll be your bad attitude and overall demeanor. Now go apologize to your friendly neighbor and stop being such a sour Sally in everyone’s life.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

dont get the appeal tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AvuweztG4Q

i mean it's nowhere near as good as the smiths but it's not that bad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AvuweztG4Q

i mean it's nowhere near as good as the smiths but it's not that bad

dude sounds like a depressed Kermit the Frog

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

BrownThunder posted:

I can't stand that stupid commercial with that annoying little kid and her iPad and it's making me turn into one of those "mute the TV during commercials" weirdos that no one wants to watch football with.

Is she serious with that? Her nice old neighbor lady comes outside and shows interest in her boring rear end life. There’s no chance her neighbor actually gives a gently caress what she’s doing on her computer. I’m sure she has 1,000 much more important things she could spend her time worrying about, but she’s being nice because she knows that girl has no friends and just spends all her time riding her dumb rear end bike around, taking weird pictures of bugs and sitting in trees by herself, so she clearly thinks this girl is super depressed and is just being friendly so the girl doesn’t kill herself.

And what does the girl do in return? Snaps back like a snarky little know it all bitch. “What’s a computer?” Oh shut the gently caress up. Just answer the loving question. No wonder nobody wants to ride bikes with you. No wonder your only semblance of a friend is this Asian freak who lives 5,000 miles away.

He could be in the USA in some foreign exchange program but ultimately decided building a computer, oh I’m sorry, building an iPad, for 5 cents an hour was a better use of his time than hanging out with your lame, snippety rear end. He probably broke his arm by jumping from the 10th floor of one of those iPhone factories where they have all the nets to stop them from killing themselves after you FaceTimed him for the 16th time of the day. Can’t wait for her to grow up and blame the government for all her problems and march in the streets holding up traffic because she feels the man has held her back. It won’t be that though. It’ll be your bad attitude and overall demeanor. Now go apologize to your friendly neighbor and stop being such a sour Sally in everyone’s life.

Sir I asked if you’d like fries with that

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

dude sounds like a depressed Kermit the Frog

well yeah that's his thing

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Glad I'm not the only one who can't stand that iPad commercial with the dipshit hipster kid

Also annoying - the Discover Card commercial with the loud howling Asian women

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I do not know either of these commercials

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Here's the short version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5sd9t1yW5E

Comments are disabled lol I wonder why

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

All commercials are terrible and I don't watch them. I know if everyone didnt' watch commercials there'd be no free TV but gently caress it, I'm paying for satellite TV anyway, plus netflix, plus amazon prime, plus HBO. So gently caress commercials.

Sometimes I watch a youtube video on a machine that doesn't have ublock or something, and I'm reminded that youtube has commercials and I'm like, oh yeah, some people actually tolerate this crap. Thank god for them, because how else would youtube stay in business?

So I salute you, commercial-watching goons, you make my TV and videos cost less and for that I thank you, even though I cannot truly comprehend why you do.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
*sits down to play AC: Origins*

4GB update!

Cool. cool. Coolcoolcool.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I feel like it's my duty to jump into Morrissey chat given my username...

If you've listened to any alternative radio you've most definitely heard this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0LeL9BUPtA

These are some personal favorites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk1wUKoXL20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC4SBm7gQys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nAMFWDuDEI

He's one of those people who you either get or you don't. And the people who don't get it usually hate him. It's hard to be indifferent.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I've developed a weird ability to just sort of block out commercials

Its not like I mute them or anything, I just go into a zen state until I hear the whistle again

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Joey Freshwater posted:

*sits down to play AC: Origins*

4GB update!

Cool. cool. Coolcoolcool.

Yeah this just happened to me and SoW.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My favorite thing about Morrisey is that he's revered by cholos

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

My favorite thing about Morrisey is that he's revered by cholos

He's HUGE in Mexico for some reason.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I hate those new mini commercials with like a screen in a screen so it’s half the game and half commercial

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, you've never heard a Smiths song? The gently caress?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

HatfulOfHollow posted:

And the people who don't get it usually hate him. It's hard to be indifferent.

He just sounds so boring.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hearing the links I could see myself in a vacuum liking his music maybe but he's spent so much time being the guy who shows up on music site headlines doing stupid self-important poo poo so I am probably poisoned on him in general

Besides, I get my depressed beta-male crooning fix from Future Islands already

Probably Magic posted:

Like, you've never heard a Smiths song? The gently caress?

Up until like ten minutes ago I thought the Smiths were that band with Julian Casablancas

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've developed a weird ability to just sort of block out commercials

Its not like I mute them or anything, I just go into a zen state until I hear the whistle again

after i stopped drinking i lost the ability to turn every commercial break into a bathroom break

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

HatfulOfHollow posted:

He's HUGE in Mexico for some reason.

That's really funny to me, and I love it. I don't much like solo Morrisey, but I know the lyrics to a lot of Smiths songs by heart

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That's really funny to me, and I love it. I don't much like solo Morrisey, but I know the lyrics to a lot of Smiths songs by heart

I am the same way with Joe Montana being a huge star still in Mexico

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

for me it's kate bush

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

hifi posted:

for me it's kate bush

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Besides, I get my depressed beta-male crooning fix from Future Islands already

TIL TFF has good taste in music

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

HatfulOfHollow posted:

TIL TFF has good taste in music

Everyone has that one band they can be all smug and be like "I knew them before..." and for me its Future Islands

I used to see them play literal alley shows in Baltimore

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Morrissey please have you heard of uh *googles*

Uzi... Vert?

Edit: my I knew them when band is Rebelution. They were at like every drat UCSB house party. Also I have the demo tape from a band that later formed and reformed to become Dance Gavin Dance because I was friends with the bassist.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Everyone has that one band they can be all smug and be like "I knew them before..." and for me its Future Islands

I used to see them play literal alley shows in Baltimore

For me it’s Childish Gambino. I remember watching his skits with Derrick Comedy years ago and following his career up to and through Community. Now that he’s starting to blow up I’m happy for him but also he’s mine and I dont wanna share

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

For me it’s Childish Gambino. I remember watching his skits with Derrick Comedy years ago and following his career up to and through Community. Now that he’s starting to blow up I’m happy for him but also he’s mine and I dont wanna share

OH YEAH AND MY BOY KID PARKINSONS

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

I loved when Childish Gambino released his first album and Pitchfork tore it apart as backpacking fakery and he just kept going and shut them up

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I loved when Childish Gambino released his first album and Pitchfork tore it apart as backpacking fakery and he just kept going and shut them up

But have you considered that Pitchfork is dumb and bad?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

HatfulOfHollow posted:

But have you considered that Pitchfork is dumb and bad?

well duh

I just loved the fact this dude was calling him a fraud and inauthentic

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I bet you noobs only listen to All Hail West Texas and can't even name any deeper cuts

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

When I was like 3 to 6 years old my stepmom would take us to a church in San Francisco (St. Aidans in Diamond Heights) and Bobby McFerrin was just one of the musicians there, he wasn't famous at all. I have no memory of it but apparently Bobby McFerrin knew me when I was a toddler.

That's it, that's my only claim to have Known Them Before They Were Big

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 13, 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

I bet you noobs only listen to All Hail West Texas and can't even name any deeper cuts

i dont listen to twee

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I like his acting, and Atlanta is brilliant, but I could never get into Childish Gambino.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My sister was huge into some girl playing state and county fairs in california and followed her around in the early 2000s. She saw like 5 or 6 of her concerts and met with her afterward everytime before they became myspace friends and the musician sent her a private message thanking her for all the support, and included details of their conversation and stuff, so it was actually her.

That weird lanky blonde musician was Taylor fuckin' Swift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I like his acting, and Atlanta is brilliant, but I could never get into Childish Gambino.

Bonfire is a pretty great track when you realize its him basically dropping a punchline every bar

• Locked thread