Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Pretend I posted Kirschen's Hanukkah cartoon here 'cos it's just a copy paste from last year

stiglich:

Pia Guerra:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Coming up next on Mallard Fillmore...

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Branco needs to work on his Hannity caricature.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

Robert Mueller will help Americans remember that they have had brains, hearts, and courage all along.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Where is this magical land where attractive women just rub up against you apropos of nothing? 'Cause I've lived in a few different places and can't say that I've ever encountered it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Panty Saluter posted:

Where is this magical land where attractive women just rub up against you apropos of nothing? 'Cause I've lived in a few different places and can't say that I've ever encountered it

It's an edit

I don't remember what the original final panel was, but I remember the message of the cartoon was about finding humor in the contradiction of liking attention but not wanting to be leered at constantly

The message of the edit seems to be "accusers are all sluts who were asking for it"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
primo av material in the last panel there

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Way to stick it to noted climate-denying red state California?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Trogdos! posted:

Pretend I posted Kirschen's Hanukkah cartoon here 'cos it's just a copy paste from last year

stiglich:

pff, tourists

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Lurdiak posted:

Only a couple more hours until Roy Moore wins the election.

I bet it's already been decided.

A circuit judge ordered election officials to preserve ballot records for the vote. The Alabama Supreme Court overturned the order.

They're just going to falsify the voting records, then claim the original ballots were "lost" when a recount is demanded. The fix is in.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zemyla posted:

I bet it's already been decided.

A circuit judge ordered election officials to preserve ballot records for the vote. The Alabama Supreme Court overturned the order.

They're just going to falsify the voting records, then claim the original ballots were "lost" when a recount is demanded. The fix is in.
Worth noting, the ACLU tweeted that what's at stake for being preserved here is the electronic records. The paper ballots themselves will be preserved and that wasn't in question. So they do have to do both those steps, and "losing" the ballot is an actual crime...

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 12, 2017

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

davebo posted:

Way to stick it to noted climate-denying red state California?

I spent Sunday helping out the horse folks at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. There were close to 1000 horses moved there from the Lilac fire.

Now these folks are from a rather Republican area (Bonsell etc.), but I heard a lot of "Mother Nature is Pissed Off" like comments.

So I don't even think the Republicans in this state are denying the climate change that's happening around them. For one I don't recall any firestorms in Dec. in the past much less winds gusting to 80mph+.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
California being a matchbox is partly the fault of aggressive fire fighting over the past century so Smokey is as much to blame as climate change

(For people who don't know the relation there, low-severity fires that ignite during poor fire weather or while the forest is wet will clear out all the easy-to-burn stuff while more resilient things like trees survive. This means that the next time mega-fire conditions are present, there's much less fuel for it and the fire isn't as bad)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Already a Kelly

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

cheetah7071 posted:

California being a matchbox is partly the fault of aggressive fire fighting over the past century so Smokey is as much to blame as climate change

(For people who don't know the relation there, low-severity fires that ignite during poor fire weather or while the forest is wet will clear out all the easy-to-burn stuff while more resilient things like trees survive. This means that the next time mega-fire conditions are present, there's much less fuel for it and the fire isn't as bad)

Agree but I don't see how that drove record temps and 80+ mph winds in December?

Note, there was a brief fire at Poinsettia Blvd., 3 miles from my place and where there was a major fire a few years ago. Got under control fast because of the fuel situation you brought up.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

Pants Donkey posted:

Already a Kelly

Yoga Pants.

Great Invention or GREATEST INVENTION?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Weird, cause over a year ago you conceded the economy was improving.

Guess someone got too eager to take a potshot at the MAINSTREAM MEDIA that you didn't realize you accidentally complimented Obama!

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Sandpuppy posted:

How many times did you fuckers scream for investigations about Benghazi?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pants Donkey posted:

Already a Kelly

There was also a sequel.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

sheep-dodger posted:

Got a broken image tag there

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

When I saw the Daniel Shaver and Trayvon Martin verdicts it made me wonder of the prosecutors pompously sabotage these cases by prosecuting the killer with crimes so severe that they know the killer will be able to wriggle out of it.

Katt fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 12, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Duke Igthorn posted:

Is there a gif to represent the momentary good feeling of hope that rises up only for reality to gently but powerfully grab that feeling by the throat and slowly strangle it while making quiet shushing sounds in your ear as it forces you down into a bathtub full of cold, hard reality?

:matters:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Trogdos! posted:

stiglich:

ITS A FUCKIN BULLDOZER!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The gun has heal beams.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

But how can he fly if he's in jail?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

VideoGameVet posted:

Agree but I don't see how that drove record temps and 80+ mph winds in December?

Note, there was a brief fire at Poinsettia Blvd., 3 miles from my place and where there was a major fire a few years ago. Got under control fast because of the fuel situation you brought up.

I wasn't directly agreeing or disagreeing with you, I was just continuing the conversation on the fire cartoon

California's recent spate of mega-fires have multiple causes and one of them is the mindset represented by Smokey the Bear, which makes the cartoon pretty ironic and I wanted to point that out

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crabtree posted:

ITS A FUCKIN BULLDOZER!

*tazed Wolf.wav*

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

oh no she ate him with her rear end

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Iron Crowned posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to despair.

preach it, brother skeltal!

Trogdos! posted:

stiglich:

drat, MGS cosplay is the latest fad? NY really is the coolest city.

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 12, 2017

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Britain's special partnership with the EU – PM’s hopes of securing a unique post-Brexit trade deal with the EU have come under threat from international pressure to deny Britain special treatment"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Charles Addams.

Times:

'I don't have to be very clever to do my job', says Brexit Secretary David Davis

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump signs directive to send astronauts back to Moon

Mail:
Mac on... gender survey for 10-year-olds

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Crabtree posted:

ITS A FUCKIN BULLDOZER!

ドーザーがおるぞ!

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

cis people so salty smh :v:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol family values

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

whomupclicklike posted:

cis people so salty smh :v:

I take the cartoon as a trans butch lady getting fed up with cultural stereotypes, and none of you can stop me. Death of the author!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Sandpuppy posted:

It's been a while since I've seen a metaphor mangled so badly. When you say "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" you're exposing the person who's really in control behind some prominent figure. Here, the Wizard isn't anyone or anything in particular, and what's being exposed not only isn't a person, it's not anything at all. It's the absence of something.

It's a secret room hiding the fact that it's empty.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

T-man posted:

I take the cartoon as a trans butch lady getting fed up with cultural stereotypes, and none of you can stop me. Death of to the author!

fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Sir Tonk posted:

lol family values

https://twitter.com/AP/status/940785964661829632

Good jerb Garrison.

• Locked thread