Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

"Oh wow he rides a horse!" blurps out from the miserable muck of American society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Did the kid toucher win yet?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

According to CNN exit polls there was 25% turnout with 30% AA votes which is 4% higher than proportion of the voting age population.

So, maybe? Maybe not.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm sorry I think you meant to say The Poster Child(toucher) of Republican Family Values.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

no body has any loving clue

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

moore’s gonna win

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I’m just waiting for the alert on my iPhone to ruin my day.

:same:

This is 100% what I told my wife, so we’re going to go see Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri.

Gonna get my laugh on while those assholes in Alabama elect a pedo.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

known kiddy toucher gonna win

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

This is 100% what I told my wife, so we’re going to go see Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri.

jealous, wanna see that

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Nice! posted:

According to CNN exit polls there was 25% turnout with 30% AA votes which is 4% higher than proportion of the voting age population.

So, maybe? Maybe not.

25% turnout? drat.

That's low.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

loving lol at 25%.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Like, I get the simmering anger at the entire nation ritually making GBS threads on your entire state for the length of this election cycle even before the kiddyfucking thing happened and staying home because "why the gently caress does it bother, everyone else already decided we're poo poo" but 25%?

Daaaaammmmnnnnn

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

A coworker saw that, he says the trailers were a bit misleading and it's more sad than funny

So enjoy your double whammy!

Edit: hoping that 25% is because Republicans stayed home, but hope is a lie :matters:

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 13, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
nobody cares about local and state elections and not enough of the country gives a poo poo about national elections for democracy to matter.

this isn't new. people just want something to bitch about, they don't want to actually do anything.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
:thunk: "hmmm vote for a pedo or vote for a democrat. ugh, no thanks, imma stay home and beat my cousinwife."

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
A lot of people never show up for non presidential elections. It's what the GOP counts on for getting lovely people in.

I've only ever voted 3 times and they were all presidential

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Recap of everything so far: Exit polls are garbage and they're basically saying it's a toss-up.

Gonna be a long night.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
now imagine if Alabama hadnt of spent the last however many decades trying to suppress the African-American vote

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Who knows maybe Henry Kissinger will die as 2017 tries to adjust its karmic balance.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/940749006577307648

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Duke Chin posted:

:thunk: "hmmm vote for a pedo or vote for a democrat. ugh, no thanks, imma stay home and beat my cousinwife."

Cousinwife? That's downright progressive!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Professor Bling posted:

Can't wait to see who the Dems blame for their loss. Voters? The DSA? "Berniecrats"?

It'll be great.

The voters actually will be to blame because the majority of Alabama are racist garbage who probably think that if 14 year olds don't want to be groped they shouldn't be so sexy. Trump won Alabama by 28 goddamn percentage points. Having a Democrat within spitting distance is crazy enough. Actually winning would be a miracle.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Stultus Maximus posted:

The voters actually will be to blame because the majority of Alabama are racist garbage who probably think that if 14 year olds don't want to be groped they shouldn't be so sexy. Trump won Alabama by 28 goddamn percentage points. Having a Democrat within spitting distance is crazy enough. Actually winning would be a miracle.

And Alabama doesn't deserve miracles.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Just a reminder that Alabama has fought hard to be at the bottom of just about any statistic that matters. Why would this be on the Democrats?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Who knows maybe Henry Kissinger will die as 2017 tries to adjust its karmic balance.

Kissinger is an old man who is going to die painlessly in his sleep

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Duke Chin posted:

Alleged pedo (whose accusers waited decades) vs fetus-killer.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 13, 2017

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Fighting hard to be losers is something Alabama and the Democrats could use as common ground to open a dialog.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Kissinger is an old man who is going to die painlessly in his sleep

Well at least he’ll finally be dead.

Also for what it’s worth Moore is collapsing on PredictIt.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maybe if the Dems ran someone that wasn't the human embodiment of the stale end slice of white bread they could have capitalized on this left-leaning surge better?

Call me crazy I guess, but I never figured a platform centered on "I'm not the other guy" would win this after it didn't beat Trump.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

51-47 Moore with 5% reporting

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Professor Bling posted:

Maybe if the Dems ran someone that wasn't the human embodiment of the stale end slice of white bread they could have capitalized on this left-leaning surge better?

Call me crazy I guess, but I never figured a platform centered on "I'm not the other guy" would win this after it didn't beat Trump.

This isn’t what happened at all?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Professor Bling posted:

Most Dem talking points are poison in Alabama. If you put a D in front of Dick Cheney he would be near unelectable in any other Alabama election.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

51-47 Moore with 5% reporting

This was what I said back in 2016 as well and we know how that turned out, but shouldn't early results generally favor smaller, rural counties? Since fewer votes to count, etc.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Notably, Moore's home county is reporting 91% for Jones.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

windshipper posted:

Speaking as someone who was first bucked off of a horse at 6 years old, this is the kind of poo poo I did at 6 years old to get bucked off of a horse.

That is the worst goddamn form I have seen from anyone in a long goddamn time. At least actors in a movie have someone to tell them they’re being a loving idiot.

Some say he's still riding to this day...

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
In other pedophile news,

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/940759864015499264

Judge clamping down hard on Hastert for reasons not yet clear, if ever.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Suicide Watch posted:

This was what I said back in 2016 as well and we know how that turned out, but shouldn't early results generally favor smaller, rural counties? Since fewer votes to count, etc.

It's 50.1-48.6 Moore now with 15%. I think this could be a real squeaker.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Roy Moore will be a United States Senator and Trump’s running mate in 2020. In 2024 he will becomes the 46th president of the United States.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Roy Moore will be a United States Senator and Trump’s running mate in 2020. In 2024 he will becomes the 46th president of the United States.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that would lead to actual riots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Still leaves a cool eight years to pass the 61st amendment, get Schwarzenegger into the presidency, and have someone unfreeze Stallone.

• Locked thread