Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

oh god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Shogeton posted:

Jumped up back to 71%, I believe in you needle! I believe!

Thank god, this was starting to give me flashbacks to 2016 when it was obvious Trump was going to win and you just saw Clinton's "lead" evaporate as more results came in.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/940775196855848960

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/940775380159533058

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/940775657667268608

This election might go down as one of the strangest in history when it comes to analyzing/predicting the results

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Koalas March posted:

Well to be fair, I was walking alone in Romulus about a year ago and someone driving by threw a bottle at me and it loving hurt.

This whole state outside of Detroit and Ann Arbor can get hosed.

The people, sure. I do want to head up to Isle Royale someday, though.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

MSNBC shows it as 53-46 for Moore with 60% in... so why are people still hopeful? Honestly asking, not trolling.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

nice.

Viral Warfare
Aug 4, 2010

~~a n d I a m c a l m~~

Never let us down before

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Down to 69.

*sob* nice *sob*

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

SourKraut posted:

MSNBC shows it as 53-46 for Moore with 60% in... so why are people still hopeful? Honestly asking, not trolling.

The votes remaining to come in tend to come from Dem strongholds. It comes down to how Democratic the outlet projects those votes to be.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SourKraut posted:

shitload of urban areas not reported

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

SourKraut posted:

I'm not super knowledgeable about the remaining counties so I am wondering the same thing. Seems like it isn't looking good for Jones.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

SourKraut posted:

The remaining chunk of the vote is in urban areas and the Black Belt, all are very pro-Jones.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SourKraut posted:

because the last places to report are places that lean d

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

SourKraut posted:

The majority of votes still to be counted are in urban areas like Birmingham that are going to go heavily for Jones.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SourKraut posted:

I dunno if I believe it but it's why the Upshot's live model thinks Jones is actually ahead.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nice.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SourKraut posted:

In theory most of the remaining votes will be Jones.

Pray to our lord and savior, the needle of fate.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/940776038816206848

moore won it in 2012

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

SourKraut posted:

I was wondering about this too. My wife has been looking at other news sources and says it doesn't look good for Jones, but the NY Times is saying something different. I guess it's the predictive model while MSNBC and others are just working off of incoming vote counts?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

SourKraut posted:

Most of the Republican-leaning areas of the state have completely or mostly reported, while many votes are still uncounted in heavily-populated areas that lean Democratic.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Yeah Jefferson Co has Birmingham, but if the suburbs like Vestavia, Hoover and Homewood didn't show up to vote like this model is projecting so far, it looks really good for Jones.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Brony Car posted:

I was wondering about this too. My wife has been looking at other news sources and says it doesn't look good for Jones, but the NY Times is saying something different. I guess it's the predictive model while MSNBC and others are just working off of incoming vote counts?

That's exactly what it is

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the NYT predicting his win killed any chance Jones had of getting elected
if he does win a toilet seat is gonna fall from space and kill him or something like that

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

SourKraut posted:

Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Huntsville, Mobile, and Montgomery are where the votes are out.

Those are urban areas where Jones is expected to do gonzo good based on results so far.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Well to be fair, I was walking alone in Romulus about a year ago and someone driving by threw a bottle at me and it loving hurt.

This whole state outside of Detroit and Ann Arbor can get hosed.

Flint will eventually become a worthwhile place to live, I believe

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait what

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

What the gently caress is wrong with Dallas county? 0 of 30 precincts reporting in after this long.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

sorry. lee county. it includes auburn

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Barbe Rouge posted:

the NYT predicting his win killed any chance Jones had of getting elected
if he does win a toilet seat is gonna fall from space and kill him or something like that

doug jones can reap my soul any day

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
This is what Virginia was like until the urban areas got counted too in the Presidential election. Granted much different state with a VERY solid blue north but the vote swung drastically.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

The enthusiasm for Jones in Tuscaloosa was really high. A lot of my friends canvassed there and in Northport, the two bigger cities there. I think theres going to be some great turnout there, especially from the west end

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

SourKraut posted:

They haven't figured out that all the missing Democratic votes aren't outstanding but stolen yet.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Harry Enten posted:

I’ll note, for what it’s worth, that the exit poll adjustment based on actual votes has Jones winning by between 2 and 3 percentage points.

:stare:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SoggyBobcat posted:

The remaining chunk of the vote is in urban areas and the Black Belt, all are very pro-Jones.

In my experience black belts and Jones' go well together. Especially in defeating white people..

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

doug jones can reap my soul any day

there's nothing sadder than that feeling of contentment when somebody picks up on your obscure pop culture reference

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
1.8 :negative:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Doom Needle, please, swing back to the left.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
jones eat the pedophile

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yeah Jefferson Co has Birmingham, but if the suburbs like Vestavia, Hoover and Homewood didn't show up to vote like this model is projecting so far, it looks really good for Jones.

Vestavia and Homewood should swing for Jones. Every square inch of the place is covered in Jones signs, even in the really traditionally conservative rich white areas. Hoover is harder to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I'm not sure there are enough votes left.

• Locked thread