Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I am 100% down for another New Deal style infrastructure program, and not just because it would make me extremely wealthy

Yeah, I mean I remember when that bridge collapsed in Minnesota like 10+ years ago and they commissioned a big study that found that thousands upon thousands of bridges in the US were behind on maintenance and repairs by like 30 years and then... nothing happened.

Massive jobs program, fix the infrastructure in this country, upgrade the power and internet backbone of every town in this country and take every coal miner and employ them in building a tower of babel straight to heaven in West Virginia.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

where is this from?

NYT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I except your peace offering of poo poo talking Mississippi

The worst state

The great unifier, MS worst place known to Americans. I was stuck there for 9 months thanks to the military. I spent every weekend in NOLA or at the movies.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Georgia will go blue within 12 years.

Alabama will be red forever.

I have no idea about Mississippi or Louisiana

Louisiana would be maybe worse than MS if not for New Orleans and to a far lesser extent Baton Rouge. Also LA just elected a Dem Governor, admittedly a not great centrist Dem but significantly better than Jindal.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I mean I remember when that bridge collapsed in Minnesota like 10+ years ago and they commissioned a big study that found that thousands upon thousands of bridges in the US were behind on maintenance and repairs by like 30 years and then... nothing happened.

Massive jobs program, fix the infrastructure in this country, upgrade the power and internet backbone of every town in this country and take every coal miner and employ them in building a tower of babel straight to heaven in West Virginia.

Even worse than nothing, another bridge or two has collapsed since then. Exactly what we thought would happen is occuring and our response is...to cut taxes on corporations and the rich? Truly no country has yearned to have the rich purged by guillotine quite like America.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

They were super wrong last time but I am ever hopeful

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They were super wrong last time but I am ever hopeful

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/r...WT.nav=top-news

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

NYT

It really needs to happen. The lead pipe problem and antiquity of the power grid alone are terrifying enough that it should be the Dems' platform. That's before you get to the crumbling roads and bridges

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It really needs to happen. The lead pipe problem and antiquity of the power grid alone are terrifying enough that it should be the Dems' platform. That's before you get to the crumbling roads and bridges

unfortunately those things cost tax money and our society looks at any tax increase even if for the overwhelming social good as evil

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

Don't care if it's bullshit

It's down to 65% now

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/PatThomasNews/status/940775094187708416

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Just wait till the morning and remember it's 2017 before you look at your device, that should adequately prepare you.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

drat

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ehud posted:

If you ever feel like a gym badass just do some manmakers btw

Quoting this old-rear end post to say gently caress manmakers

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

unfortunately those things cost tax money and our society looks at any tax increase even if for the overwhelming social good as evil

Sure, but that doesn't make those problems go away. There will be more Flints, another bridge collapse, another grid failure like 2003, etc. We keep applying bandaids because of what you said, but it's like ignoring a cavity until you end up with an abcess, and that's coming for the entire eastern half of the country

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Sure, but that doesn't make those problems go away. There will be more Flints, another bridge collapse, another grid failure like 2003, etc. We keep applying bandaids because of what you said, but it's like ignoring a cavity until you end up with an abcess, and that's coming for the entire eastern half of the country

well yeah

my point is that the average voter will deal with possibly dying on their morning commute before they support *gasp* taxes

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jones just took the lead and the majority of remaining votes are in blue leaning areas

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
It's happening.gif

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jones just took the lead and the majority of remaining votes are in blue leaning areas

What site are you using? NYT gives Moore a .4 lead but Jones has a 77% chance of winning.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

pubic works project posted:

What site are you using? NYT gives Moore a .4 lead but Jones has a 77% chance of winning.

Scroll down the NYT page and they have a map of remaining votes and how they trend

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Not looking good

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It seems the write ins may be the difference

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Not looking good

within .7% with the major metropolitan areas still reporting in?

Looking pretty good actually

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao they're tied

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

NYT just updated and has Moore up about 100 votes. Also say they're 84% sure Jones will win now.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

And jones just took the lead

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

:f5:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah it's a dead heat now

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
DONT gently caress THIS UP NOW ALABAMA

GO GOOD GUYS GO

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Jones has the lead now!!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The question is how long it will take trump to tweet that it's because Moore didn't embrace him fully or some poo poo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

The question is how long it will take trump to tweet that it's because Moore didn't embrace him fully or some poo poo

It'll be during his morning poo poo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol no he’s going to fully blame it on the fake news that “coincidentally” came out to hurt Moore’s preputation

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Or illegal votes / fake news spreading lies I guess is probably where he'll go with it

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

This will be loving incredible if he pulls it off

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/billkristol/status/940756408894672897

Lmao

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It is amazing that we're sitting here just hoping against hope someone will be elected to the senate who is not a child molester and who hasn't been kicked out of his job as a judge for being insane a couple of times.

Ok now go back to feeling something positive if this comes through.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lead is growing

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If Trump is so unpopular he turns Alabama blue in a senate race there may be hope afterall

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Needle is at >95% for Jones AAAGGAGGGHHGAHGGAGHAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Outlets are starting to report Jones is the winner

Holy gently caress

• Locked thread