Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

drat I wish they would stop owning us libs by buying coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minus the walrus
Apr 8, 2007

Public post on a trending topic, etc:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Relax, Jeff, you're looking a little bigoted.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Spreading Xmas joy at Starbucks in DC. When asked for a name for my cup: I said "I never said that gay people CHOOSE to be gay. Please stop putting words into my mouth. I said there is zero evidence that they are BORN gay. Decades of research have yielded nothing more than "Er, maybe it's something to do with hormones in the womb, 'cos we can't find a gay gene". Meanwhile, there's an astonishing amount of correlation between homosexuality and being abused as a child or a young teen, which is never investigated because it's politically incorrect to investigate. I can't be forced to contract a mental illness, but if I get one I can be cured by a mental health practitioner. Same applies to homosexuality." With a smirk the Barista said: "We just need one name." I replied: "It goes together." Then I sat back and made them call out "I NEVER SAID THAT GAY PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BE GAY. PLEASE STOP PUTTING WORDS INTO MY MOUTH. I SAID THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE BORN GAY. DECADES OF RESEARCH HAVE YIELDED NOTHING MORE THAN "ER, MAYBE IT'S SOMETHING TO DO WITH HORMONES IN THE WOMB, 'COS WE CAN'T FIND A GAY GENE". MEANWHILE, THERE'S AN ASTONISHING AMOUNT OF CORRELATION BETWEEN HOMOSEXUALITY AND BEING ABUSED AS A CHILD OR A YOUNG TEEN, WHICH IS NEVER INVESTIGATED BECAUSE IT'S POLITICALLY INCORRECT TO INVESTIGATE. I CAN'T BE FORCED TO CONTRACT A MENTAL ILLNESS, BUT IF I GET ONE I CAN BE CURED BY A MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER. SAME APPLIES TO HOMOSEXUALITY DECAFF CAPP" 3 Times before I picked it up. Tis the season.....

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

A bit tame but easily digestible.

Katt has a new favorite as of 00:22 on Dec 13, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Spreading Xmas joy at Starbucks in DC. When asked for a name for my cup: I said "I never said that gay people CHOOSE to be gay. Please stop putting words into my mouth. I said there is zero evidence that they are BORN gay. Decades of research have yielded nothing more than "Er, maybe it's something to do with hormones in the womb, 'cos we can't find a gay gene". Meanwhile, there's an astonishing amount of correlation between homosexuality and being abused as a child or a young teen, which is never investigated because it's politically incorrect to investigate. I can't be forced to contract a mental illness, but if I get one I can be cured by a mental health practitioner. Same applies to homosexuality." With a smirk the Barista said: "We just need one name." I replied: "It goes together." Then I sat back and made them call out "I NEVER SAID THAT GAY PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BE GAY. PLEASE STOP PUTTING WORDS INTO MY MOUTH. I SAID THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE THAT THEY ARE BORN GAY. DECADES OF RESEARCH HAVE YIELDED NOTHING MORE THAN "ER, MAYBE IT'S SOMETHING TO DO WITH HORMONES IN THE WOMB, 'COS WE CAN'T FIND A GAY GENE". MEANWHILE, THERE'S AN ASTONISHING AMOUNT OF CORRELATION BETWEEN HOMOSEXUALITY AND BEING ABUSED AS A CHILD OR A YOUNG TEEN, WHICH IS NEVER INVESTIGATED BECAUSE IT'S POLITICALLY INCORRECT TO INVESTIGATE. I CAN'T BE FORCED TO CONTRACT A MENTAL ILLNESS, BUT IF I GET ONE I CAN BE CURED BY A MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER. SAME APPLIES TO HOMOSEXUALITY DECAFF CAPP" 3 Times before I picked it up. Tis the season.....

This is art.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
THIS SEEMS AN INAPPROPRIATE CHOICE OF MESSAGE PRESENTATION

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I love it when alt-right chuds own leftists so hard by giving money to leftist companies. I am so offended!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
the idea that Starbucks is "leftist" is a bit much for me also

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

zakharov posted:

Maybe you've heard of this little thing called "The War on Christmas" and how Starbucks is on the front lines with their "holiday" cups. :smug:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

zakharov posted:

Starbucks is from Seattle, so it's clearly one of those coastal liberal elites.

Ignoring the fact that the Democratic party itself being "leftist" nowadays is a bit of a stretch.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
If you're not in lockstep with the Nazis and supporting child molesters you're too far left and need to be burned to death is the opinion of half of America.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

These always baffle me a little. Great, you made a guy call your stupid fake name three times. He got paid the exact same amount he would have calling any other name. All you did was infinitesimally inconvenience some guy trying to make it through school, or keep a roof over his head, or whatever. He won't remember you by the time his shift ends, and anyone who does remember you will just remember some rear end in a top hat who kept them from getting their own drink by taking unnecessarily long to pick up his coffee. It's the most pathetic version of "big monkey pushes medium monkey, medium monkey slaps smallest monkey."

In this case, of course, the wrong done to the medium monkey is completely imaginary.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

These always baffle me a little. Great, you made a guy call your stupid fake name three times. He got paid the exact same amount he would have calling any other name. All you did was infinitesimally inconvenience some guy trying to make it through school, or keep a roof over his head, or whatever. He won't remember you by the time his shift ends, and anyone who does remember you will just remember some rear end in a top hat who kept them from getting their own drink by taking unnecessarily long to pick up his coffee. It's the most pathetic version of "big monkey pushes medium monkey, medium monkey slaps smallest monkey."

In this case, of course, the wrong done to the medium monkey is completely imaginary.

I think you'll find he enjoyed his coffee with a dash of liberal tears.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It's basically "I have absolutely no real power or control over anything that actually matters so I'm going to act like a bigshot and powertrip in the most idiotic and pointless way possible ."

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Totally not empty quoting this thing of blinding beauty.
Nope.
Not one bit.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Glazier posted:

A not insignificant number of trans-people, my past self included, deal with their dysphoria by becoming fanatically obsessed with hurting other trans people. Whether through misgendering, ridiculing their physical appearance, reminding them of their sex AAB or what have you. They are like chicks trying to stay in the egg, afraid of what they might hatch into. Now before you say "You can't say all transphobes are just trans people in denial!" you are right, the reason I called this person an egg is because they used an insult specifically about hormones which is not something your run of the mill transphobic rear end in a top hat usually does. To me that means they have at least spent some time researching what HRT is and how it works.

Caring deeply about your testosterone level is afaik somewhat in vogue with certain subsets of dumbass. See: 'soy-boy', PUAs. If you have low testosterone you're like a woman, and women are bad, always shooting feelings out of their vaginas and refusing to touch my dingus.

e: I'm not sure why youd choose low-T to insult a woman, especially a transwoman. I guess I can't expect the decision making process of someone using Adolf Hitler as a Twitter handle to be too refined.

Gitro has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Dec 13, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gitro posted:

e: I'm not sure why youd choose low-T to insult a woman, especially a transwoman. I guess I can't expect the decision making process of someone using Adolf Hitler as a Twitter handle to be too refined.

If you don't believe trans is a real thing, then a transwoman is just a man who has voluntarily lowered his T.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Dude can you gently caress off already.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Facebook Aunt posted:

If you don't believe trans is a real thing, then a transwoman is just a man who has voluntarily lowered his T.

That’s what I was thinking. It blows my mind that cis men monitoring their testosterone is a thing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Glazier posted:

That’s what I was thinking. It blows my mind that cis men monitoring their testosterone is a thing.

It's amazing how 20-something failsons who actually have no excuse except the cheetos will try to latch on to any excuse for their inability to function in society.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Glazier posted:

If you believe it is very, very important to be A Real Man

and you can't manage the usual cultural hallmarks of manhood (power and prestige, sex with many attractive ladies, being a large and hairy slab of beef)

then you either need to find an excuse, or you just content yourself with the tiniest achievable details.

As long as your testosterone count is higher than that guy over there's, you can feel worthy, because at least you are not The Omega.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Field Mousepad posted:

That post needs to be hosed on, though.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Field Mousepad posted:

LoB is a god-damned treasure and you can be the one loving off, jerk.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

When will we get the 2am tweet about how the election was rigged and we should have got Moore?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Len posted:

When will we get the 2am tweet about how the election was rigged and we should have got Moore?

2am

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TKIY posted:

Man that short story was a painful read, not the writing but the content.

That story made my skin crawl. The accompanying interview is really good too. I think what bothers me the most, apart from the story being intentionally uncomfortable, is that I can unfortunately see parts of myself in Robert from when I was younger. Nervousness becoming creepiness, and I hate myself for it.

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Dec 13, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Len posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/940795587733151744

Once Trump manages to wrestle his phone back hopefully we'll see some fire.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

No this is the 8pm tweet of faux support. Clearly not the one he was asking about.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/940795587733151744

Once Trump manages to wrestle his phone back hopefully we'll see some fire.

Yeah no loving way he wrote that.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Len posted:

Hey man, a loss is a loss no matter the margin. 14, 16 or 35 points will make no difference to Roy Moore

Chase Derringer
Jun 19, 2011

Hello! Ma baby
Hello! Ma honey
Hello! Ma *SKREEEEEEEEEEE*
Lipstick Apathy

canyoneer posted:

Hey man, a loss is a loss no matter the margin. 14, 16 or 35 points will make no difference to Roy Moore

:vince:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/abrasiveobelisk/status/940643214830301192

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Field Mousepad posted:

There is nothing discriminatory about marriage excluding gay couples. There is no need to change the rules to accommodate people who don't want to abide by the rules. Is it discriminatory to have helmet laws because some people don't want to wear helmets? No, of course it loving isn't. The same principle applies for men who don't want to marry women. Just because they don't want to follow the rules, doesn't mean the rules are wrong.

I'm open to changing the rules for gay couples as well, but it's not a morality issue for me. My support depends on whether they behave respectfully. If you behave like a bunch of assholes, I'm not going to ally myself with you, it's that simple. If there was significant LGBT opposition to the bad behaviour in the Yes camp I would be voting Yes, but the bad behaviour is all tolerated and I don't want to support bad behaviour.

You would be surprised. I was definitely an LGB supporter up until the early 2000s. I posted an opinion on a discussion thread along the lines of "the gay pride parade reinforces negative stereotypes of gay people and it would work better if it was toned down" and was promptly flamed by the homosexuals on that forum for being, apparently, a big homophobe who wants to stuff gay men back into the closet.

Then I was flamed during literally every other thread I participated in. No surprise, in pretty short order I began to hate the bastards.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Arcsquad12 posted:

That story made my skin crawl. The accompanying interview is really good too. I think what bothers me the most, apart from the story being intentionally uncomfortable, is that I can unfortunately see parts of myself in Robert from when I was younger. Nervousness becoming creepiness, and I hate myself for it.

I felt the same.

I think the reactions to the story are so interesting. I've seen ladies that had to read it in pieces and ladies that weren't that impressed as well as it being read as a comedy or horror.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Trump's slogan is really close, halfway towards being true - the problem is the last two letters. It isn't MAGA, it's MAAN, Millstone Around America's Neck.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

I'm not sure if you're aware of LoB's schtick or not. I'm thinking you aren't, because otherwise you'd understand the service he's providing us and how important it is.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I will never understand people mad at LoB providing thread content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

Arcsquad12 posted:

I have never wanted to beat up a character as badly as I have Robert. There's something so nebbishly despicable about him, the consistent jokes at Kirsten's expense were gut-churning.