Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I love the AfAm community. So drat much.

EDIT: HAPPY DOG FOR HAPPY TIME

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvRnFXQGMeQ

Jones taking the mic.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

goddamn, I love being wrong

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Jesus Christ 98% of black women? That’s insane.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

RZA Encryption posted:

Good god what is wrong with us white people?

Privilege is a hell of a drug.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RZA Encryption posted:

How much time you got?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

eyebeem posted:

Coming out of lurk mode to say

Yes.

Same, exciting night. Eagerly awaiting Trump tweets.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I'm glad I threw some money at that campaign.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
there is some comfort in santorum being on cnn, in that it has to be utterly gut wrenching for him

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

why would people go to a special election and write in, idgi

republicans who find skipping an election as well as voting for moore equally awful

pretty effective protest vote in these circumstances

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
CNN is showing Jones by .7%, but they claim 99% is in when like half of Montgomery and 15% of Birmingham are yet to be counted.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Stereotype posted:

Jesus Christ 98% of black women? That’s insane.

It makes a lot more sense than the other 2%

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

boner confessor posted:

strange was the safe, establishment pick. bannon backed moore, the renegade populist. who just lost loving alabama to a democrat

Fair. Obviously before Wapo broke the story, but it's clear now that his proclivities were an open secret.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Candice Patton sets my heart a flutter and makes me feel guilty for having a crush on not-my-wife, please spare me from her beauty and amazing ness, I can’t take it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

RZA Encryption posted:

I wish I knew.

But to be fair, this is Alabama white people. California white people would look totally different.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is just insane

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

mcvey posted:

Lol calm down

He's right tho

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGJ4Mv7H3T4

*** DOUG JONES LIVE***

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Oh poo poo,. I just though of a white-hot take, and since I'm not special, a lot of people have to be thinking this as well.

Doug Jones has a loving magical storybook history and backstory, he won such an incredible and improbable victory in the very deep south, and he probably has no future in that seat after 2020....

Doug Jones for president? A lot will depend on how well he can give a stump speech right here in his moment of his greatest triumph over both Roy Moore and Donald Trump.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fox News is talking about Mueller

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Not even blasting Bon Jovi will make me regret your victory, Doug

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Bullfrog posted:

hope is back black motherfuckers

FTFY

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Baldwin county finally reported in. Time to rack up the score in Birmingham and Mobile.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thank you, black folks, for saving the country more from stupid white folks like me.

gently caress yeah, Jones!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Roy Moore banned from National Mall.

Wish I could take credit for that.

https://twitter.com/fark/status/940789161673547777

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Alter Ego posted:

CNN is showing Jones by .7%, but they claim 99% is in when like half of Montgomery and 15% of Birmingham are yet to be counted.

I trust the NYT projection of 1.3 which is well above the automatic recount poo poo.

And the national GOP is already burying Moore. They will not raise a stink about wanting a recount. They want Moore to disappear NOW.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

jfc

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/TeddyAmen/status/940787731545907200

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Fox News is talking about Mueller

AHAHAHAAH

I wish I could hear Hannity's meltdown offstage

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hey guys, I haven't been paying attention to the election results tonight because I've been feeling depressed enough lately, so how much did Moore end up winning by anywa-

(checks results)

HOPE IS REAL!!!!!

needle be praised

also black folks are the best

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
YES 1.3% and that final red chunk is gone! Everything else on the Needle Map is blue. Looks like we avoided recount!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Your Taint posted:

Roy Moore banned from National Mall.

Wish I could take credit for that.

https://twitter.com/fark/status/940789161673547777

Fark still exists?

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
Good night goons. Hell of a night

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Too beautiful not to share, from Youtube chat

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Someone get this crowd an adult beverage or two

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Does anyone know of a good Bread and Roses rendition by a black women's chorus? I suddenly need it for my own personal national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEr5U8ERgc

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Rinkles posted:

What did Bannon have to do with Moore losing? I think things may have been less tight if Trump and co decided to abandon Moore.

Moore was Bannon's candidate from the beginning.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug

Rigel posted:

Oh poo poo,. I just though of a white-hot take, and since I'm not special, a lot of people have to be thinking this as well.

Doug Jones has a loving magical storybook history and backstory, he won such an incredible and improbable victory in the very deep south, and he probably has no future in that seat after 2020....

Doug Jones for president? A lot will depend on how well he can give a stump speech right here in his moment of his greatest triumph over both Roy Moore and Donald Trump.

Doug Jones owes this victory to African Americans. He should find a highly qualified African American candidate and run as his VP.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I check in time to time with a forum full of far right reactionaries (not The_Donald twitter bots, actual 70 year old white fascists) and here's what they have to say about the results

quote:

The treacherous republicans want to lose the majority, that way they dont have to enforce Trumps maga agenda. They can just say, its not our fault, we are in the minority....

quote:

And when your own party is out to get you, you lose. Hope ol Mitch is happy tonight. I think this was his plot that Democrats just tagged along on.

quote:

Well once again the treacherous repugnicans got the result they wanted.

quote:

R's didn't want a hard core conservative to replace Sessions seat. They would far prefer to have a D in it and still maintain the majority. That way they can "proclaim" that they have to "work closer" with D's to get things done and so they have an excuse to all act like the one united Democrap party.

Great strategy guys, I agree the republicans are poo poo and you should never vote for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

this as gently caress

• Locked thread