Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/940795481403293697?s=17
https://twitter.com/Education4Libs/status/940795898967265280?s=17
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/940783701373231104?s=17
https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/940789512447422464?s=17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

Me, when opening election results:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Also, this win is all thanks to people of color getting out there and voting.

Thank you.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
What are all those people in Moore HQ waiting for? Some miracle from the hand of God himself to find a cache of 20,000 or so Moore votes?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Your Taint posted:

Good defeated evil tonight. Things mattered. I'm stunned. Thank you black people for being sensible and saving white people from themselves.

Pretty sure the 2% of black women who voted for Moore were nice little grandmas who couldn't see clearly and checked the wrong box. Your hearts were in the right place. :3:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/940794177662709760?s=17

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is there any chance at all it swings back the other way?

None, it's 99% in and he's up by several thousand

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

where is review?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcJGM7htXr0

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

evilweasel posted:

lol wolf blitzer "we're standing by to hear from the loser"

yeah i had a good laugh at that

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Yesssss

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BonoMan posted:

No don't because Roy Moore's speech is going to be loving amazing

He's going to blame the liberal elites and Clinton Hate Machine for smearing him and God.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
full disclosure: I'm Canadian

How are state elections determined? By popular vote or by county? (ie: FPTP here in canada)

If the latter, is there a chance individual counties get recounted?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Alabama: Not literally hellspawn, just nearly.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So there is a zero percent chance that Moore ever actually acknowledges defeat, right?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/938113548173086720

Old but relevant
:cumpolice:

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Bonus points for a Soros drop

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Everyone, we can do this in every state. We may not have someone as uniquely horrible as Roy Moore to campaign against, but if loving ALABAMA could go blue, so can Georgia, so can North Carolina, so can TEXAS! We can take back seats we never should have lost and we could even flip the house!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TOOT BOOT posted:

You're being ridiculous, I'm a christian and I probably couldn't name more than 3 hymns much less sing them. It's an extremely peripheral part of the religion.

Then don't loving sing them at a literal election night gathering. It's not that hard.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

freeper_tears.jpg

GLUG GLUG GLUG

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

christ make a new thread already

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Like, I'm giddy at the possibilities.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Your Taint posted:

What are all those people in Moore HQ waiting for? Some miracle from the hand of God himself to find a cache of 20,000 or so Moore votes?

They are going to pray till Jesus comes back and puts Roy Moore in the Senate (Lol he won't, Jesus hates kiddie fuckers).

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

dude was a prosecutor who prosecuted pedo's wasn't he?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
how the gently caress trump so fuckin bad he hands the senate to the fuckin democrats in an election year where the hottest seat up for grabs belongs to ted loving cruz l;sadfkals;fkals;fakdls;fkl;asdfkl;sadkl;fas

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Shout out to young folks
Shout out to black people

gently caress you old white people

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Moore's stream had two folks singing hymns off a smartphone during Jones' victory speech. They just now finished. Here's how it looked.

Moore's getting ready to take the stage.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Jones will be the Senator from Alabama until Jan. 3, 2021 correct?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/940797326968451072

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Then don't loving sing them at a literal election night gathering. It's not that hard.

this poor bastard is stalling for time while they calm moore down enough to concede

he might as well start juggling lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Suing for defamation goes really badly if what they’re saying about you is true. :ssh:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Craig K posted:

how the gently caress trump so fuckin bad he hands the senate to the fuckin democrats in an election year where the hottest seat up for grabs belongs to ted loving cruz l;sadfkals;fkals;fakdls;fkl;asdfkl;sadkl;fas

Actually Dean Heller :eng101:

Or Jeff Flake

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

JawKnee posted:

full disclosure: I'm Canadian

How are state elections determined? By popular vote or by county? (ie: FPTP here in canada)

If the latter, is there a chance individual counties get recounted?

It's FPTP and from what was stated earlier in the thread, I think it's a 0.5% margin - any less than that and you have an automatic recount.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

cr0y posted:

Man those hymns are eery. I dont know why.

Segregated White Southern Baptist church. They lean heavily on old ex-Anglican and early Protestant hymns written in antiquated minor keys and weird choral schemes. During the Civil War era, every protestant church in the country split in two along abolitionist lines, and you can pretty much date the year any given protestant sect partially-desegregated after Reconstruction by looking in their hymnal and counting how many pages it takes to reach a heavily gentrified negro spiritual, or, alternatively, the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

They are going to pray till Jesus comes back and puts Roy Moore in the Senate (Lol he won't, Jesus hates kiddie fuckers).

Good let them pray until death takes them.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Big shouts to World Famous W, who just had one hell of a first campaign. That dude has earned a good night’s sleep after he dances awhile.

All the Alabama / Deep South Goons have to be thrilled. This thread, the country, the whole world has been making GBS threads on Alabama for weeks, insisting they’d elect a pedophile. But they didn’t! Alabama organized, they registered voters in a state famous for making it hard, and they TURNED THE gently caress OUT at obscene levels. You get to be proud of Alabama today.

It always mattered, hope is the truth, and ALL ABOARD FOR BLUE JUSTICE.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

axeil posted:

Also, this win is all thanks to people of color getting out there and voting.

Thank you.

Not an empty quote.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Koalas March posted:

You're welcome y'all 😂😂😘😘

Holky gently caress.

Amazing congrats and thanks to along the African Americans who pushed through suppression tactics and Alabama's constant veneer of racial oppression to deliver the state, and to the women who stood up to demand Moore be held accountable at last for his crimes.

So loving awesome. Oh my god.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Wonder if Moore will just rant about the election being stolen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Merry Christmas, Alabama :)

• Locked thread