Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Its also only going to intensify the GOP civil war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

schweens posted:

Its cool enough on a smaller scale that Alabama went blue but what are the macro implications of this? I'm trying to be more erect right now

In 2018 if the Dems protect their seats, no small feat, and win NV and AZ which are definitely in play they can take the Senate even having an absolutely brutal map.

Candidate recruiting has already been going at an insane rate this year. Emily's List had 20k women sign up to run for something:

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/11/6/16571570/female-candidates-trump-clinton-2016-election

This win means people will run for everything because if you can win in AL then you can win everywhere. What was already going to be a blue wave is likely to give us some surprise wins now because previously unchallenged Rs will get forced to run and some will lose.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This, too. The Bannonites and the Rich Fucks are gonna eat each other alive.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What are the odds that Roy Moore pops up again in the news? Past tomorrow or whenever. Because I'd be pretty cool with never hearing that name again.

Well I guess his name will pop up around election season because the Republicans actually backed him, but as some sort of actual candidate for anything at all.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

schweens posted:

Its cool enough on a smaller scale that Alabama went blue but what are the macro implications of this? I'm trying to be more erect right now

The Dems can now retake the senate in 2018. That was once thought impossible and that taking the House was our only realistic goal.

We are now looking at a generational Blue wave. If everything holds true over the next 3 years the Dem who wins in 2020 might hope for 60 senate seats and a comparable proportion in the House.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
ok this moore live feed has gotten creepy. they're singing hymns

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Roy moore rally is singing Bible songs. Led by some nerd. Talking about still counting. Oh my God.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It's a loving cult

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

piss tape israel posted:

ok this moore live feed has gotten creepy. they're singing hymns

While reading lyrics off of a cell phone

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The chat is amazing tho it's like twitch chat for politics

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Another song?

Nope third verse!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Trump tweeted something.

It couldn't have been him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It is definitely lose-lose for Republicans.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
nick saban got 19,000 votes

this isn't a loving game you assholes

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grittybeard posted:

What are the odds that Roy Moore pops up again in the news? Past tomorrow or whenever. Because I'd be pretty cool with never hearing that name again.

Well I guess his name will pop up around election season because the Republicans actually backed him, but as some sort of actual candidate for anything at all.

He's gonna be a regular talking head on Fox News.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wonder how many people were shallow enough to vote against Moore because Bannon made fun of Joe Scarborough for going to Alabama.

e: Ha, yeah I just saw that Trump tweet and there's absolutely 0% chance he wrote it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

lmao

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Spoeank posted:

Those were by far mostly votes that were gonna go R so.... what's the problem?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Spoeank posted:

I have no problem whatsoever with Republicans throwing their votes away.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Big Jesus posted:

Those were by far mostly votes that were gonna go R so.... what's the problem?

fair point

Also sooooo many people are eating up the RINO thing and blaming this on Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and that means its time for a Bannonite to split the R vote with Paul and usher in the age of the

mother

fuckin

Senator

IRONSTACHE

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Trump tweeted something.

It couldn't have been him.

you would think they would at least try a little to make it look like him

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Get the guy from Dischord Records to out Ted Cruz, too, while we're at it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Roy Moore's campaign stream is basically just a public access channel

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Get the guy from Dischord Records to out Ted Cruz, too, while we're at it

I feel like Ted Cruz is so disgusting we could find out he had a child farming operation and consumed nothing but the flesh of dead babies and it wouldn't make him any less popular or change the mind of anyone who votes for him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I guess today could get better

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/940798729044611072

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

THE SELF OWNS NEVER END

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I, Steve Bannon, will fight the deep state and establishment cucks by throwing my support behind this gently caress stupid kid diddler.

I went to Harvard.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Moore is currently angling for a recount and not giving up.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What civil war.

https://twitter.com/ali/status/940784130870128641
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/940785320504721408

Ohhhh, that one.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
JONES WON (EVEN IF HE AINT GREAT HES BETTER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE), RODGERS BACK, AND IM MOVING IN WITH A FRIEND A GOOD loving NIGHT

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Oh my God you aren't within one half a percent there will be no recount

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Good, let him drag it on for forever.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
LET'S WAIT FOR WHAT GOD SAYS

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Roy Moore: "It's not over."

This might be annoying for a while.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

moore

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?lang=en

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm excited for Trump to also not concede in 2020.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

doesn't particularly matter if he concedes since his dumb rear end has lost

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

good thing he called in that favor to the alabama supreme court yesterday to make it okay to destroy records to make a recount basically impossible

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/12/a...28TechCrunch%29

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

there a white dude up there with a straight up kenny g soprano saxophone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lol the current far right argument is that the military vote is not counted yet and Moore will totally still win

• Locked thread