Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
good luck to the 2018 democrats in

missouri
florida
north dakota
indiana
ohio

and others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it’s cool and good Jones won and the tax bill is in trouble but he still barely beat an actual pedophile

that's because white Alabamans are so loving stupid and inbred that I'm not entirely sure they're not a different subspecies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

texas (cruz) seems doable

People need to get the word out for Beto O'Rourke. And they need to do it soon. I want to believe in the man, but I've been in Texas too long to think he can pull it off.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zegermans posted:

that's because white Alabamans are so loving stupid and inbred that I'm not entirely sure they're not a different subspecies

can confirm that suburbanite white Alabamians are literally the worst people on the planet

the poor rural folk barely vote either way

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like if you want casual sociopathy then look no further than some fuckstain guy who owns a house in Tuscaloosa and probably has a managerial position at the Mercedes plant

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

on one hand having an open pedophile in the senate would make life more fun over a long period of time,

what is wrong w you

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Squizzle posted:

what is wrong w you

suckzone-poisoning

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I don't care who won their toxx. I don't even care about bad dems right now.

It just became the slightest, tiniest bit harder for the Senate to gently caress my rear end. That's great, in my inebriated opinion.

watch mitch not get around to seating jones until the next congress

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shear Modulus posted:

watch mitch not get around to seating jones until the next congress

aw god dammit now you got me worried again

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
thnak you ghost bernie 4 this round humiliatoin of the bad-touch peckerwood

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

big night for concerned citizen, and bad dems everywhere

speaking of, in his victory speech doug jones made sure to thank his political mentor howell heflin

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

People looking at this as some great victory for the Dem strategy are going to be sorely, humiliatingly disappointed in 2018.

Basically, the lesson here is that if Trump had raped kids, Hillary would have won by about 1%. Way to go!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

People looking at this as some great victory for the Dem strategy are going to be sorely, humiliatingly disappointed in 2018.

okay thank you unrelentingly tedious guy

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
heh well, record minority turnout? good plan idiots

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
One small step for Doug, one giant leap for federal data center consolidation.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

Basically, the lesson here is that Trump had raped kids, Hillary would have won by about 1%. Way to go!

all the dems have to do is make sure every gop challenger to their senators is a pedophile

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

Basically, the lesson here is that if Trump had raped kids, Hillary would have won by about 1%. Way to go!

you know, she also won the popular vote,

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my assessment of the central failing of the american left being unwilling to accept a win when its abruptly shoved in front of it against all odds continues to appear true

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

all the dems have to do is make sure every gop challenger to their senators is a pedophile

and even then it’s a coin flip

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

my assessment of the central failing of the american left being unwilling to accept a win when its abruptly shoved in front of it against all odds continues to appear true

In what way whatsoever is Doug Jones "left"

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

corn in the bible posted:

Pretty easy to do, they also have to remember to canvass for black support two weeks before their elections.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
are yall even aware that the last democrat to win senatorial election in Alabama was Richard Shelby, who switched to the GOP as part of the Gingrich wave?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like the fact that someone who is flat pro-choice just landed national office in Alabama is kind of huge

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Frijolero posted:

Pretty easy to do, they also have to remember to canvass for black support two weeks before their elections.

hahaha yeah that's true. doug jones's ability to actually have people doing get out of the vote stuff probably helped a lot. gj clinton

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

because politics is not a loving team sport and even then the bland third way corporate dems like jones will pursue the economic policy that helps give rise to actual Nazis like Moore and punish the black voters that bailed his rear end out the hardest

this lizard brained mentality of refusing to see the long term has got to go

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

it's a step. a really small lovely centrist one but one nonetheless. the next would be to stop shitlords like zegermans painting the south as a block of dumb hicks and competing there.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

are yall even aware that the last democrat to win senatorial election in Alabama was Richard Shelby, who switched to the GOP as part of the Gingrich wave?

Ah, yes, and that's the best we can do in the barren, worm-ridden South oh wait whats this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chokwe_Antar_Lumumba

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

In what way whatsoever is Doug Jones "left"

its proof that you can run anywhere considerably to the left of accepted norms you loving cranky little moron

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Frijolero posted:

ya lol make no mistake hillary could have won if the entire thing wasn't a grift operation

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

like the fact that someone who is flat pro-choice just landed national office in Alabama is kind of huge

Yes, and this is great news all around. But winning by .38% of the vote to a pedophile is cutting it real goddamn close.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

texas (cruz) seems doable

lmao. you’re riding a bit too high tonight if you believe that.

quote this in a year if I’m a dumbass tho

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

because politics is not a loving team sport and even then the bland third way corporate dems like jones will pursue the economic policy that helps give rise to actual Nazis like Moore and punish the black voters that bailed his rear end out the hardest

this lizard brained mentality of refusing to see the long term has got to go

its not a lizard brain thing doofus

if a tepidly liberal dingus can win in Alabama then a DSA guy can win a solidly blue district

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Frijolero posted:

Yes, and this is great news all around. But winning by .38% of the vote to a pedophile is cutting it real goddamn close.

look i know im harping on splitting a hair here but

Doug Jones won by outside recount margins

in a seat vacated by Jeff Sessions

this is loving huge because it means that a deep red seat just flipped

what does this mean for seats that are actually competitive for real leftists

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

if a tepidly liberal dingus can win in Alabama then a DSA guy can win a solidly blue district

yep, gonna agree here. DSA candidates have way more of a chance in red state blue districts than in lovely dem strongholds like CA and NY.

yalladarity

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

there are some red areas that would respond better to a dsa candidate than a tepid liberal dingus also

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

its proof that you can run anywhere considerably to the left of accepted norms you loving cranky little moron

I kind of see what you're going for here, but the venn diagram of "a politician that actually presents leftist policies that benefit the working class" and "Doug Jones" is two circles that you'd need an expert on infinitesimals to determine whether or not they actually touched.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

I kind of see what you're going for here, but the venn diagram of "a politician that actually presents leftist policies that benefit the working class" and "Doug Jones" is two circles that you'd need an expert on infinitesimals to determine whether or not they actually touched.

leftists need to work on lower levels of govt before they can move to federal.

• Locked thread