Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

AP and NYT have called the Alabama race for Jones. Very much looking forward to takes from Branco, Garrison, and the other thread favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jesus Christ, Doug Jones won Alabama. Time to get smashed on a weekday night.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

drat, good thing Garrison didn't draw just one more cartoon

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Haitian posted:

AP and NYT have called the Alabama race for Jones. Very much looking forward to takes from Branco, Garrison, and the other thread favorites.

He waited too long to make the comic. Waited too long on the sidelines too make sure it was what everyone else was doing.

If only he had acted sooner he'll say. He could have saved so many babies.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
He loving did it! Haha, my joy knows no bounds!

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Holy loving poo poo I can't believe Jones won in Alabama.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Took someone loving children . And almost didn't work. drat bama. I mean good job. But barely. C+

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Took someone loving children . And almost didn't work. drat bama. I mean good job. But barely. C+

It's Alabama you idiot

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

World Famous W posted:

Hell yeah toxx buddy.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Haha, I love the way that tweet is phrased.

"Doug Jones Senator, Roy Moore Pedophile"

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The Haitian posted:

"Roy Moore? Never heard of 'im"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Haitian posted:

They are going draw Moore getting swallowed by a swamp labeled child molestation allegations and I will declare them all AGC.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Garrison will be too busy doing a cartoon on the most pressing issue of our time: the continuing existence of Hillary Clinton.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Katt posted:

When I saw the Daniel Shaver and Trayvon Martin verdicts it made me wonder of the prosecutors pompously sabotage these cases by prosecuting the killer with crimes so severe that they know the killer will be able to wriggle out of it.

Prosecutors are cops and ACAB.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lord Hydronium posted:

Garrison will be too busy doing a cartoon on the most pressing issue of our time: the continuing existence of Hillary Clinton.

The official line from Moore now is that a recount will happen and if enough people believe in God then God will make more ballots for Moore appear in the boxes.

This is the goal of Garrison now. To tell everyone to raise their hands and give Moore your energy.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lord Hydronium posted:

His next comic will be about the evil globalist Chuck Schumer going after self-admitted serial rapist gorilla mindset expert brave patriot and free speech defender Mike Cernovich.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

World Famous W posted:

And I'm sincerely happy for you. Based on your comments in this thread, you've given your all to make sure the good guys won this one, and it's gratifying to see your work rewarded. Also gratifying to see a serial child predator who thinks the Reconstruction amendments were a mistake (only just) won't be seated in the Senate, so that's nice, too. No denying, there's a lot that's still hosed, but Jones going to the Senate is a huge victory all the same. Congrats.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

We get to see another day where an exposed pedophile is not a goddamn loving U.S. Senator.
A senator from one of the deepest motherfucking red states is now a Democrat.
McConnell now has one less vote to play with when trying to ram abominations through the Senate.
Trump's favored candidate lost. In a sense, twice.
Sessions's old senate seat is now blue.

This is a good day. :toot:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Zivilyn Bane posted:

We get to see another day where an exposed pedophile is not a goddamn loving U.S. Senator.
McConnell now has one less vote to play with when trying to ram abominations through the Senate.

Not emptyquoting.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This is one where I really want to know what was in the original and what is a product of the cultural translation to Norwegian.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Zivilyn Bane posted:

At least until next year yeah

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
As crushing as it was to lose the first batch of specials by so little, Virginia and now tonight really give me hope that The Wave is coming.

Probably presumptuous to think Alabama is purple, but at least it proved there is a limit. A candidate can really be so bad that having that R next to the name doesn't guarantee a win in a Republican heavy state.

It would almost make me wish the MAGA nitwits continue to sway primaries if it weren't for the idea the candidates they produce could possibly win making me nauseous.

Now, do the coming toons make excuses for why Moore didn't win, or go full on "I was never a Moore supporter, what are you talking about?" :allears:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

corn in the bible posted:

At least until next year yeah

Jones is in until Dec 2020. Or longer, if he can manage the insane miracle of re-election.

2018 suddenly has the senate in active play for more scenarios than "dems win everything plausible, lose nothing, and then win a few more". This will be interesting--Heller losing plus one more (AZ?), and mcCaskill hanging on, means a dem senate.

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Probably presumptuous to think Alabama is purple, but at least it proved there is a limit. A candidate can really be so bad that having that R next to the name doesn't guarantee a win in a Republican heavy state.

Barely a limit. This was a total nailbiter, and a half million people said "eh, maybe he's a pedo, but at least he's not a dem" and were OK with that vote. It's still something that he lost, but wow--there is zero room for error in these things.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 13, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

OAquinas posted:

Jones is in until Dec 2020. Or longer, if he can manage the insane miracle of re-election.

2018 suddenly has the senate in active play for more scenarios than "dems win everything plausible, lose nothing, and then win a few more". This will be interesting--Heller losing plus one more (AZ?), and mcCaskill hanging on, means a dem senate.
People are making noise about TX - Cruz has awful popularity and if turnout like this is possible in Alabama...

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

OAquinas posted:

Which Republicans would absolutely love because it would give them plausible deniability for why they're not doing anything.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

People are making noise about TX - Cruz has awful popularity and if turnout like this is possible in Alabama...

Another possibility. TX has almost as bad ID issues as AL though, and the hispanic population is terribad at turnout (they should be dominant, but they're a fraction of representation).

It's doable on paper, but in practice it needs a lot of TLC to manifest. Could be the year for it though! Maybe.

Spanish Matlock posted:

Which Republicans would absolutely love because it would give them plausible deniability for why they're not doing anything.

True, but GOP president means "gently caress that noise" with a bigger scapegoat.
We've seen firsthand the terrible poo poo they put out when in control. Dems have to step up their messaging game; but they can't afford to let the GOP drive the country off a cliff anymore.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Now, do the coming toons make excuses for why Moore didn't win, or go full on "I was never a Moore supporter, what are you talking about?" :allears:
Based on some of the tweets posted in the other threads, the Branco-level true believer reaction seems to be that Moore was stabbed in the back by McConnell and the establishment.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Just wait until women come forward accusing Cruz of implanting them with facehuggers.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I think it is far more likely that Ted just ends up primaried.

Also, please note that Ted Cruz is not a pedophile

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

OAquinas posted:

Barely a limit. This was a total nailbiter, and a half million people said "eh, maybe he's a pedo, but at least he's not a dem" and were OK with that vote. It's still something that he lost, but wow--there is zero room for error in these things.

I thought the special election merely meant he was in until 2018.

Or was that the idea of the election in the first place, get a safe Republican seat for the midterms that wouldn't have been safe otherwise?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

they dont change the overall cycle, the election was to fulfill the rest of the senate term (until 2020 elections)

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Renaissance Spam posted:

Or was that the idea of the election in the first place, get a safe Republican seat for the midterms that wouldn't have been safe otherwise?

Sessions was elected in 2014, then got tapped for AG earlier this year. Strange was appointed by the Gov to fill his seat until the Special, and the Special elects the guy to fill out the remainder of the term (so election in Nov 2020, with replacement swearing in Jan 2021)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Renaissance Spam posted:

The special election was to fill Jeff Sessions' old seat. Sessions was last elected in 2014 so the seat isn't up for another election until 2020.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

OAquinas posted:

Sessions was elected in 2014, then got tapped for AG earlier this year. Strange was appointed by the Gov to fill his seat until the Special, and the Special elects the guy to fill out the remainder of the term (so election in Nov 2020, with replacement swearing in Jan 2021)

That's beautiful. 2 whole years of a Blue seat in Alabama.

Now the question arises as to whether Jones will be asking for hall passes to try to get re-elected or he knows this is likely a 2 year thing and he's going to just go all in on the Dem line.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Renaissance Spam posted:

That's beautiful. 2 whole years of a Blue seat in Alabama.

Now the question arises as to whether Jones will be asking for hall passes to try to get re-elected or he knows this is likely a 2 year thing and he's going to just go all in on the Dem line.

Three. He's in for all of 2018, 2019, and 2020.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

I think it is far more likely that Ted just ends up primaried.

Also, please note that Ted Cruz is not a pedophile

No, just one of the most mysterious serial killers of all time.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

After Trump drops Moore like hot trash I will count the days to the "I never liked him anyway" cartoon from Garrison.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Excellent thanks to beating Roy Moore we're one step closer to our mandatory abortions policy coming to pass. Alabama fools!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Such a low bar to clear and Alabama does it with such a thin margin.
:confuoot:

• Locked thread