Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol the stock market is gonna take such a giant poo poo tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

shyduck posted:

kidfucker is demanding a recount

Kiddie Fucker and Two Scoops are going to drag this out to the bitter end spitting and clawing every inch of the way in the courts. Guarantee they're going to dive into batshit crazy land and drag their followers with them. You think Donnie's conspiracy theories about illegal votes are bad when he wins? His ego got bruised with this. loving buckle up mother fuckers, poo poo's gonna get wild.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Casimir Radon posted:

:byodood: GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL GUYS!

If he's with God then HAIL loving SATAN

https://youtu.be/WxnN05vOuSM

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

i kinda like the Alabama sec of state. he's a goofy gently caress though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Two Scoops already said Jones won, or at least a staffer did. It'll be funny if walks that back tomorrow.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/940800688359133186

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

shyduck posted:

In case someone gets worried about this (me): Mandatory recount is when the race is within 0.5%.

Jones is currently up 1.5% after another chunk of Birmingham (D-town) came in and more is still out.

The only exception:

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/940803114726195201

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/940803114726195201

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

shyduck posted:

A recount of votes or a recount of the # of kids he perv'd on?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shyduck posted:

guess they should have saved those ballots :laugh:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

In case someone gets worried about this (me): Mandatory recount is when the race is within 0.5%.

Jones is currently up 1.5% after another chunk of Birmingham (D-town) came in and more is still out.
They think the military absented ballots are going to save them. Do they have the slightest idea how small a voting bloc the military is? More than that most of those people were probably too lazy to fill one out.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Knives Amilli posted:

The good news that may counter this is...Charles Barkley just closed his CNN interview telling the Dems that Jones winning should tell them to stop taking for granted Black and Poor White voters and to get off their asses.
Uh, I'm pretty sure poor whites went hard for Moore if exit polling is correct. This was purely black turnout keeping an insane racist pedo theocrat out of the Senate.

Anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6AOGRsR80

I bet Kelly is going to have a staffer assigned specifically to keeping Trump away from his phone and the news tomorrow.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://ballotpedia.org/Recount_laws_in_Alabama

quote:

Under Alabama state law, a recount is automatically ordered when a candidate wins by no more than 0.5 percent of all votes cast for the office. Automatic recounts must begin within 72 hours after results are certified.

Also I'm going to guess they don't have enough military ballots even outstanding to tip a 20,000 vote margin if they went 100% Moore

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

Uh, I'm pretty sure poor whites went hard for Moore if exit polling is correct. This was purely black turnout keeping an insane racist pedo theocrat out of the Senate.

White people are terrible, grass is green, news at 11.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Casimir Radon posted:

Two Scoops already said Jones won, or at least a staffer did. It'll be funny if walks that back tomorrow.

"The President didn't say what he said, he was misunderstood."

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

love cnn dunking math on moore campaign. 1.5% is...y'know...more than 0.5%.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Moore isn't good with numbers

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

guess they should have saved those ballots :laugh:

the most joyous piece of this whole thing right there

E: predict the .mil ballots will be split 3 ways between filled out in crayon, write ins for Mattis / John Cena, and blank (ate crayon).

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 13, 2017

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

shyduck posted:

Moore isn't good with numbers

75,000 military ballots are gonna turn up in the trunk of Moore's car.

"You see? Now gimmie a recount!"

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Lolabama

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BigDave posted:

75,000 military ballots are gonna turn up in the trunk of Moore's car.

"You see? Now gimmie a recount!"
But that's where he keeps 12 year olds.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

quote:

"The people of Alabama have spoken tonight. They’ve made their voice heard loud and clear. The most important thing to remember now is the process needs to be followed to ensure that the integrity, the safety and security of the election is preserved," Merrill said.

The election will be certified no earlier than Dec. 26 and no later than the Jan. 3.

If the margin is within 1%, it triggers an automatic recount. So far, Jones is leading by more than that.

However, there are still votes to be counted, including absentee ballots.

CNN's Jake Tapper asked Merrill: "Do you expect anything other than Mr. Jones being the next senator from the state of Alabama?"

"I would find that highly unlikely to occur, Jake," Merrill said.

"One of the things that is obviously recognized by using the equipment that we use in the elections process is that there's not a whole lot of mistakes that are made," he added

Merrill is the Alabama SecState.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/940802750920757248

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nick Soapdish posted:

White people are terrible, grass is green, news at 11.

On the other hand you've got 40% of college educated white folks going blue in one of the reddest states in the nation

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Hate to interrupt Alabama chat but USA Today had an absolutely brutal editorial on Trump, coming from a paper that tries to be pretty nonpartisan.

Also, they released the emails from the FBI agents calling Trump an idiot so I'm a little surprised he has been so quiet.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

lightpole posted:

Hate to interrupt Alabama chat but USA Today had an absolutely brutal editorial on Trump, coming from a paper that tries to be pretty nonpartisan.

Also, they released the emails from the FBI agents calling Trump an idiot so I'm a little surprised he has been so quiet.

You can't roll in with that poo poo and not provide any links.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

lightpole posted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/12/12/trump-lows-ever-hit-rock-bottom-editorials-debates/945947001/

quote:

With his latest tweet, clearly implying that a United States senator would trade sexual favors for campaign cash, President Trump has shown he is not fit for office. Rock bottom is no impediment for a president who can always find room for a new low.

A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush.

This isn’t about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions. Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt.

Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed.

BigDave fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 13, 2017

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

McNally posted:

You can't roll in with that poo poo and not provide any links.

I'm lazy after rugby practice

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i know demographics are destiny lololol but man the GOP's numbers get really bad the younger people get

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i know demographics are destiny lololol but man the GOP's numbers get really bad the younger people get

They all have first-hand experience with Roy Moore.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politics/alabama-election-latest/index.html

quote:

A source close to the White House says tonight's result is "devastating for the President."

"This is an earthquake," the source said. "It's Virginia but on steroids."

This source put some of the blame on Steve Bannon. "The President has egg on his face," because of Bannon, the source added.

Bannon told Trump if Moore lost, Democrats would feel emboldened to go after the President on sexual harassment issues, this source who is familiar with Bannon's pleas to Trump explained.

"That's why Trump had to do this," the source continued.

"The President invested his political capital and it blew up in his face," the source added

A separate source who advises the White House said "this is bad."

"The RNC and White House political shop must feel uneasy about their futures," this source added.

:getin:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i mean they seriously lost the reddest loving seat in all the land loooooooooooooooooooool

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/rickklein/status/940799367983915009

Right there with you, Sir Charles

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i mean they seriously lost the reddest loving seat in all the land loooooooooooooooooooool

It was also Sessions' old seat.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

shyduck posted:

Also I'm going to guess they don't have enough military ballots even outstanding to tip a 20,000 vote margin if they went 100% Moore

Sorta stating the obvious, but correct! The absentees were already counted and there aren't many military outstanding, like ~1k.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/940807459463188480

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Casimir Radon posted:

Fox and Friends is no doubt hard at work coming up with batshit conspiracy narratives about voter fraud, media interference, felons (i.e. black people) tipping the vote, rigged voting machines, something something Hillary etc. Once he's had time to marinate in that news bubble for a while I'm sure we'll start seeing the good stuff.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Casimir Radon posted:

But that's where he keeps 12 year olds.

ffffffffine...

Ten 12 year olds stuffed with 75,000 military ballots are gonna turn up in the trunk of Moore's car.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

BadOptics posted:

It was also Sessions' old seat.

Soooo... The whitest?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Fox and Friends is no doubt hard at work coming up with batshit conspiracy narratives about voter fraud, media interference, felons (i.e. black people) tipping the vote, rigged voting machines, something something Hillary etc. Once he's had time to marinate in that news bubble for a while I'm sure we'll start seeing the good stuff.

I bet they move on pretty quick to the FBI Agent texts. Trump will see those in the morning on Fox and Friends and start yelling about them to change the subject.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
Response to Alabama from one of the redder ends of on my Facebook: "gently caress, there goes National Reciprocity!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri was more dark and sad than a dark comedy. I advise waiting for it to go on hbo or showtime instead of paying box office ticket money.

Doug Jones winning is the beginning of the mattering, in my humble opinion. Watch. Just watch.

• Locked thread