Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

Ha ha. What a story Derek. You think of everything.

The Disaster Artist looks phenomenal. I've been to like one movie in the last five years, but I think I might make it to that one.

Edit: I don't know if the taxxe is required or voluntary, but here's a pretty birb:

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

If you really cared about The Room you'll probably like the movie that's about the abouting of The Room.

Also not mandatory, just a fine tradition with some amusing history behind it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The Disaster Artist is a fine film even if you've never seen The Room. My husband really liked it, and he hadn't seen a second of The Room going in.

I feel like "Five Olisar rings" was a missed trick, but "Five Derek blogs" was pretty sweet.

This has nothing to do with anything, but my husband has also never seen a Star War. When I tell you he is a computer scientist in his fifties, who has spent his entire life in :patriot:, you may get an idea of how weird that is.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Oh thank god for a second there I thought Star Citizen was hosed beyond all recovery, but it's an issue with player numbers that'll sort itself out when they all get sick of playing at 5fps and quit.

Star Citizen: Kill players to improve framerate

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Literally incoherent rage back at the PC Powerplay article

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

Guy having fun EMPing people into the ground. Citizens whining it's overpowered.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/does-emped-near-gravitational-body-plummeting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlUa9be60rE

Coulda, woulda, didna, shoulda bought an Optane :smith:

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
On the third day of Christmas the Stimpire gave to me

3 civil meaties

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Just had a couple emails back and forth with an old friend who is in the LA office on this nightmare, and he essentially said that (for him personally) he is just there to pull a steady paycheck, and that he and a couple other devs are using CIG to pay the bills while they work during off times to develop their mobile game. He said that much of the “worker level people” in the company are using this as a “getting paid to work on their demo reels” type of gig, and nothing more, because the passion and morale are gone, and no one ever gets heard for their cool ideas, because management takes their ideas and presents them as their own to upper management.

Also dropped a little tidbit, that a couple of the trolls on Reddit (and maybe here, but he won’t elaborate) are actively trolling the community out of spite because they hate the company (and it’s LT) and need to burn off steam. I believe I know one of them in here, but he posts very infrequently, so I can’t pin him down yet.

Take it for what it’s worth

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Golli posted:

I submit:

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Chris Roberts gave to me

Twelve fudders fudding

Eleven Whales a-buying

Ten united stimpires

nine server farms

(Ben) Eight all the pies

Seven frames per second

Six bankers lending

FIVE Derek Blogs

Four polished turds

Three con men

Two turtlenecks

And an invite to Evocati.

e: drumming cat

On the thirteenth day of Chrismas, Chris Roberts gave to me

Thirteen days of mocap

Twelve fudders fudding

Eleven Whales a-buying

Ten united stimpires

nine server farms

(Ben) Eight all the pies

Seven frames per second

Six bankers lending

FIVE Derek Blogs

Four polished turds

Three con men

Two turtlenecks

And an invite to Evocati.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PantslessShorts/status/940792239353102338

https://twitter.com/PantslessShorts/status/940792713879916544

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Mne nravitsya posted:

Also dropped a little tidbit, that a couple of the trolls on Reddit (and maybe here, but he won’t elaborate) are actively trolling the community out of spite because they hate the company (and it’s LT) and need to burn off steam. I believe I know one of them in here, but he posts very infrequently, so I can’t pin him down yet.

Am I inferring correctly that these trolls are employees?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Abuminable posted:

This is very very concerning news

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Abuminable posted:

yes. And actually it is not entirely uncommon that angry employees do this from time to time - or put horrific easter eggs in games and movies that many people never catch - but occasionally they do. As Derek knows the old Fatbabies site, employees would go on their from time to time to rail against and attack people and employers about their/and others games, because they were so disenfranchised by whatever company/whoever manager they were working for.

The Game Illuminati was full of this for years as well.

Mne nravitsya fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 13, 2017

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Abuminable posted:

I always knew Derek Smart was a CIG employee

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Daztek posted:

I always knew Derek Smart was a CIG employee

:same:

He plays the role of the fluffer, keeping the spergs engaged in the game and -- most importantly -- buying jpegs.

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Dec 13, 2017

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

EightAce posted:

This is very very concerning news

MoMA has some explaining to do!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Raskolnikov posted:

MoMA has some explaining to do!

I also always knew MoMA is in fact Toast

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Calling it

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Daztek posted:

Calling it

I highly doubt that Moma works for CIG. I'll call it in the opposite direction

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mne nravitsya posted:

Please don't ruin thread canon

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Mne nravitsya posted:

MoMa Does not work for CIG . people constantly saying that he does probably gives him a giant Stiffy

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
but the belt

the belt

the prophecies said: you will know him by his belt

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 13, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mne nravitsya posted:

There have always been CIG employees posting in this thread, back in 2013 when things were more relaxed, you could even work out who a couple of them were. SA has been around long enough that anyone who was very active online might have an account here, :lesnick: as an example.

It's not in their interest to go on the record though.

EightAce posted:

MoMa Does not work for CIG . people constantly saying that he does probably gives him a giant Stiffy

I'd agree with that, Moma cares too much about all this crap to actually work there.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vux30uiHI7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWInMc_V22s

AP fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Dec 13, 2017

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Star Citizen: Still gets 5 fps on a 980ti with the graphics turned down from "Ultra" to "1990".

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

but the belt

the belt

the prophecies said: you will know him by his belt

Moma does some form of martial arts, so......

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

and the ELE after all this time is DS has a boyfriend and will tell his wife. DS we dont judge here and it is ok. Keep both and the ELE is adverted.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

I would go work there. I say this unironically. I would fill any position they like, and work as many hours as they need, under a single hiring condition: I get to tell Chris "No."

I get to say that on any idea I think is stupid, he has to accept, and the idea has to be dropped. I am allowed one "No" every 5 minutes. One per minute during my first month to help catch up.

I will deliver the game in 2 years.

I'd do it in 2 weeks with even more NO.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
:laffo: if this build is going to be a release candidate.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Is Miles Eckhart even in the game yet? CIG can't let the jacket refactoring go to waste.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen Should Bank in on Luke "Oldman" Skywalker.

Like the "Oldman" Signature Fighter

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Bmac32 posted:

On the third day of Christmas the Stimpire gave to me

3 civil meaties

I initially misread this as "3 civil meatles" and immediately wondered whether you were leaving out John, George, Ringo, or Parp.

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tokamak posted:

Is Miles Eckhart even in the game yet? CIG can't let the jacket refactoring go to waste.

Hes in hes just not currently implemented

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mne nravitsya posted:

yes. And actually it is not entirely uncommon that angry employees do this from time to time - or put horrific easter eggs in games and movies that many people never catch - but occasionally they do. As Derek knows the old Fatbabies site, employees would go on their from time to time to rail against and attack people and employers about their/and others games, because they were so disenfranchised by whatever company/whoever manager they were working for.

The Game Illuminati was full of this for years as well.

I’m mulling dropping the stimpire.txt on our network devices along with goat.txt.

It used to be the latin version of ‘baby got back’. Why yes, we are having a difficult merger...

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mne nravitsya posted:

Just had a couple emails back and forth with an old friend who is in the LA office on this nightmare, and he essentially said that (for him personally) he is just there to pull a steady paycheck, and that he and a couple other devs are using CIG to pay the bills while they work during off times to develop their mobile game. He said that much of the “worker level people” in the company are using this as a “getting paid to work on their demo reels” type of gig, and nothing more, because the passion and morale are gone, and no one ever gets heard for their cool ideas, because management takes their ideas and presents them as their own to upper management.

Unsourced rumormongering thats anti cig?

Oh I will

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Hav posted:

I’m mulling dropping the stimpire.txt on our network devices along with goat.txt.

It used to be the latin version of ‘baby got back’. Why yes, we are having a difficult merger...

Put brazil.txt in there to.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bribase posted:

Unsourced rumormongering thats anti cig?

Oh I will

How much is it worth compared to a Banu Merchantman?

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How much is it worth compared to a Banu Merchantman?

We don't know specifics like that as you well know. But his unsourced rumors are worth nothing.

I will counter with my own.

I've talked to many employees of CIG over the last couple years (and very recently). All have a very positive and outgoing view of the project and the opportunities there to do something special. The only negative thing I've ever heard out of them is that they feel parts of community are far too impatient with the pace of normal game development. It can be stressful if they are public facing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I heard a rumor that if Ben doesn't appear on CIG's show anymore, it's because he is at a point when even you place it really far from the camera and zoom out, he still take the whole screen.