Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

probably doc ock or gobbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

i am just stealing a reddit post here:

Cynicalex just did a video about this the other day. Here's his breakdown:
Excellent Overall
Captain America
Spider Man

Excellent but Needs Uni
Venom (Anti)
Iron Fist (Marvel's Netflix)
Thor (Ragnarok)

Great but Needs Uni
Ghost Rider (Attilan Rising)
Black Bolt (Attilan Rising)

Great (Needs T2)
Black Widow
Luke Cage
Iron Man

Good (Needs T2)
Vision
Punisher
Green Goblin
Elektra
Bullseye
Doc Oc
Black Panther (Probably the best T1 hero on here and the weakest upgrade from T2)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is Cap really "excellent overall?"

I mean he can solo a low level Shadowland floor for me without much real help so I have no complaints. But he's pretty far down my list of T2s and very much below Thor and Iron Fist.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cap is squarely in the "Great but needs uni" or arguably just "great".

His newest uniform really helps, and I assume he got ranked high cause he got a lot more viable after rework (which some ppl may have missed)

He basically has great survivability but poo poo dmg, which makes him a solid low SL rumble/relay type guy.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I use him as a backup for my Sharog, in case she actually dies to something. Mommy (using the female captain costume) is always good to have. Especially with 2 of them.

But okay, then. I'll do Punisher and Nachos.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I can't figure out how to make ghost rider not suck. He's tier 1 but has the uniform. The invinc thing is is 3 seconds on a 4 second cool down and he gets wrecked in that one second, what am I missing

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?

Datasmurf posted:

I use him as a backup for my Sharog, in case she actually dies to something. Mommy (using the female captain costume) is always good to have. Especially with 2 of them.

But okay, then. I'll do Punisher and Nachos.

Who is Nachos?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Tolkien minority posted:

I can't figure out how to make ghost rider not suck. He's tier 1 but has the uniform. The invinc thing is is 3 seconds on a 4 second cool down and he gets wrecked in that one second, what am I missing

What are you trying to use him for?

Most people use his uni to do SL universal relay

He's not bad with the costume but don't expect him to like, steamroll WB Apoc or something

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Elektra Natchios.

Her last name is basically Nachos. She is Nachos.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Elektra Natchios.

Electric Nachos is a good band name.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Guess there is a maintenance update tonight, probably nothing is going to happen though. :smith:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I'm hoping for that 50% Crystal refund

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

What are you trying to use him for?

Most people use his uni to do SL universal relay

He's not bad with the costume but don't expect him to like, steamroll WB Apoc or something

I'm only up to to stage 10 in shadow lands and I cant get a floor clear with just him

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Anyone know how to minmax combat power? Trying to power up my rank 9 Kamala to top 5 but I’ve pretty much hit a wall

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Embarrassingly, how does one leave an alliance? I've been trying to leave Goonlactus, because I'm going to be putting this game down for the foreseeable future, but it keeps telling me I can't while a conquest is in progress. However, at no point does a conquest not seem to be in progress, so it seems like I'm stuck.

I also cleared out my friends list for now; if I'm still showing for folks under Thaddeus Dugan, feel free to drop me. I'm just trying to exit the game in a polite way for fellow goons, since the grind and time drain has become too much for me to worry about this game for now, but would rather not leave any dead weight behind if I can.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
The devs possibly / maybe / eventually listened to players this time - no more heroes locked behind lootboxes.

I've more or less stopped playing since the patch, but at least this sounds promising.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Huh, I'll be getting a lot of crystals in the near future, then.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Ultimates Heroes chests will be gone.
But coming in 2018, the Great Lakes Avengers Heroes chest!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's pretty good that people are resoundingly rejecting random loot boxes that have more than cosmetic items in them. And yea, just stick them behind the paywall or behind a difficult boss or something if you want to make them special, don't stick them in an expensive lootbox that you have a very small chance of getting one, which is compounded by the fact you need bios to level them up beyond their initial leveling.

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Embarrassingly, how does one leave an alliance? I've been trying to leave Goonlactus, because I'm going to be putting this game down for the foreseeable future, but it keeps telling me I can't while a conquest is in progress. However, at no point does a conquest not seem to be in progress, so it seems like I'm stuck.

I also cleared out my friends list for now; if I'm still showing for folks under Thaddeus Dugan, feel free to drop me. I'm just trying to exit the game in a polite way for fellow goons, since the grind and time drain has become too much for me to worry about this game for now, but would rather not leave any dead weight behind if I can.

You should be able to leave after reset today.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Elektra Natchios.

Well, nachos are called "Nachos" because "Nacho" has been the nickname for everyone named Ignacio in every spanish speaking country since forever ever, and some dude name Ignacio near the Texas/Mexico border apparently invented frying tortillas as a quick snack back in the 1940s. It's not that strange to be named Nacho if you're from a Spanish-speaking background, which the Greek-American character Elektra is most definitely not, hah.

I figure the name's just cranky ol' Frank Miller back in 1981 trying to think of something that's sort of like the guy Onassis, something rich and classy, real Greek-y, but he didn't really know much so he tossed a "tch" in there which you hear but you don't really see as a letter combination in the Greek names.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Tolkien minority posted:

I'm only up to to stage 10 in shadow lands and I cant get a floor clear with just him

GR can only solo it if you have good cards or GR is kitted because the only way he can deal non-fire dmg to enemy GR is 2*, you basically need one other guy to finish the job

Here's one very easy way to do Universal Relay (I have 2 other teams if anyone else wants more universal options):

1) Take T1 noir detective GR and Ronan, 15 gear, no ISO/gear is fine, though a poo poo gear would help

GR is immune to Universal Relay GR's fire attacks, but will take some dmg from Ronan during his invulnerability's short downtime

Always keep 2 on CD, if two is not on CD, hit 5, or 4, or just stand there I don't care

2) When your health gets low, switch to Ronan

Ronan can permastun because he has 2 stuns, his 3* and his 2(I think? or it's 1)*. Once GR can be swapped back, do it UNTIL

3) Enemy GR is dead, now you switch to Ronan and finish other Ronan.

This is easy as poo poo and I can do this on a brand new account so you definitely can.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

Anyone know how to minmax combat power? Trying to power up my rank 9 Kamala to top 5 but I’ve pretty much hit a wall

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/6kftow/character_ranking_score_calculations/

Here you go, all the info you need here

Godspeed

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Do Anti-man's buffs overwrite overdrive or power of angry hulk? If so, what is the best iso set for him?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

EvanTH posted:

Well, nachos are called "Nachos" because "Nacho" has been the nickname for everyone named Ignacio in every spanish speaking country since forever ever, and some dude name Ignacio near the Texas/Mexico border apparently invented frying tortillas as a quick snack back in the 1940s. It's not that strange to be named Nacho if you're from a Spanish-speaking background, which the Greek-American character Elektra is most definitely not, hah.

I figure the name's just cranky ol' Frank Miller back in 1981 trying to think of something that's sort of like the guy Onassis, something rich and classy, real Greek-y, but he didn't really know much so he tossed a "tch" in there which you hear but you don't really see as a letter combination in the Greek names.

Natchios is probably mangled Natsios (a real Greek name). Spoken aloud they would sound similar in English.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Elektra Nostrils

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Network42 posted:

Do Anti-man's buffs overwrite overdrive or power of angry hulk? If so, what is the best iso set for him?

I'm not sure if the answer is yes, but if it is the response is usually Dramatic Density Enhancement.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Thanks and god bless

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Trapper John posted:

You should be able to leave after reset today.

Yep, I was able to finally. Thanks!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I was summoned back by Wolverine holding me while I cry in his arms over marvel heroes dying out, bring me back into the fold

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Well good news, Ultron got buffed I guess. :confused:

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=1000515 too lazy to figure out how to paste the images that contain the actual information.

Also Gamora's costume got a buff! Maybe she'll be good noaahahahaha no i can't even finish that sentence.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Maybe Ultron will only be the 2nd worst universal character now?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

NmareBfly posted:

Also Gamora's costume got a buff! Maybe she'll be good noaahahahaha no i can't even finish that sentence.

Whoa whoa whoa... upping her damage on the one skill by 7%? That's crazy talk, she's going to be all over the leaderboards now. Ok wait, they also nerfed her additional damage by 3 points of damage from 39 to 36. That's better. I think that hits the sweet spot. I bet these devs have spreadsheets that would make our eyes bleed.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So I spent a bit of money and got a pack that gave me a 6 star character and a bunch of crystals. I picked up Heimdall to make a good team with my 6* Thor and Loki but what is a good thing to spend these crystals on?

Is it worth picking up one of Lokis costumes? The movie costume looks better, but you seem to lose the energy shield ability?

Is there anything else worth spending crystals on?

Also is there a good way to level up? My Loki team apparently has an attack power of 5,000 or so, and any mission which gives him any good amount of XP recommends over 7,000 attack (he is level 50).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Both Loki costumes are worth it but the Ragnarok one seems to be vastly superior. It's bumped Loki back into my top tier and he can pretty easily give me 100k on ABX even without the costume worked up of any urus. Plus if you get it to mythic you get a supposedly great card.

But don't buy costumes until they're on sale. We should get one for Christmas.

Best way to level up is just to run in Special Missions and use chips if you have them. Stick Loki or whoever you want to work up next to your top hand like the 6* Thor and let him reap the experience. If you don't have a worked up character to run the best level just do what you can until you do.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 13, 2017

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I spent my refund crystals on another ultimate box (because I don't learn from previous mistakes) and I got a 6* blue marvel. I already have blue marvel at 6/60, so I said to myself "alright, maybe I'll get super lucky and be able to t2 him". Turns out for some reason I only got 64 bios from getting a 6* blue marvel. The feelbads on this update are off the charts.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gamora does energy damage on that skill now so shes objectively worse, cos hybrids blow themselves up in reflect stages

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Network42 posted:

I spent my refund crystals on another ultimate box (because I don't learn from previous mistakes) and I got a 6* blue marvel. I already have blue marvel at 6/60, so I said to myself "alright, maybe I'll get super lucky and be able to t2 him". Turns out for some reason I only got 64 bios from getting a 6* blue marvel. The feelbads on this update are off the charts.

i would suggest dont buy boxes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

punchymcpunch posted:

i would suggest dont buy boxes

Extremely this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Dravs posted:

what is a good thing to spend these crystals on?

Uniforms, almost always. But wait until a sale, which happen periodically. We'll almost certainly get one for Xmas then another for Chinese new year in February.

There are sometimes decent deals on card packs that might be okay for starting out. I wouldn't ever get custom gear with crystals. Mega rank up tickets go on sale for ~2700 occasionally and that's an okay value.