Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Is it possible that these employees were lying to you?

Like, at all? Or are we to believe that only tell the truth, ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bribase posted:

We don't know specifics like that as you well know. But his unsourced rumors are worth nothing.

I will counter with my own.

I've talked to many employees of CIG over the last couple years (and very recently). All have a very positive and outgoing view of the project and the opportunities there to do something special. The only negative thing I've ever heard out of them is that they feel parts of community are far too impatient with the pace of normal game development. It can be stressful if they are public facing.

Show us you're balls.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

fuctifino posted:

Show us you're balls.

loving lol.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Is it possible that these employees were lying to you?

Like, at all? Or are we to believe that only tell the truth, ever?

I stand by my sources. Ben is very, very, very fat, even for an american standard.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

fuctifino posted:

Show us you're balls.

Bribase, go gently caress yourself.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
On the third day of Christmas the Stimpire gave to me:

Three surveyed thoughts
Two jolts of the worst type of electricity
and some maximum insanity

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

fuctifino posted:

Show us you're balls.

Lmao

Please get rid of this fake Bribase and make it stick this time, god bless

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

Show us you're balls.

:gary:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I haven't heard "gently caress" in ages.

But that reddit post was pretty drat funny.

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn it.

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Months of careful planning. Wasted.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Who is the traitor that told on you?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Bribase posted:

Months of careful planning. Wasted.

List your ships next time, every single one of them that came to the thread in the past immediately fell for it.

Because that's all there is to this for them, a collection of rare jpgs.

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I was gonna make you the greatest there ever was.

Bribase come post here. you can be Bribase2.

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't steal your posts. I'd never do that. I merely paid homage to them sandworm style.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
Thread is good again.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Combat Theory posted:

Hello Bayonnefrog!

There's a good rule for self preservation that I would like to suggest to you. Dont go chasing rabbits with stuff like this. You will see a lot of calls in this thread. Some of which claim happenings of the future that should/could happen, some illuminate happenings of the past.

Your question shouldn't be "how does he know" because that inevitably leads to the demand of "proof that you know" i know this from personal experience. The burden of proof is with the caller, he knows that when he posts. So not adding a source means 2 things, either he is pulling your strings for entertainment or he can't share the source for security reasons (this sounds like a joke in the context about a vaporware video game, but it is not, again as with this I would source, but I can't and it's up to you if you believe it or not)

An important part of getting to know the thread is getting to know the posters, the typical "callers", the gimmicks and the like. Because in the end a lot of what is called about future happenings or the circumstances of past happenings simply can't be sourced in public.

If you are not sure, if something sounds too funny to be true, find yourself a nice answer that shows that. This is a comedy forum. Your posts and everyone else's posts should be rotating around one idea. Entertaining others, with humor. So if you are skeptical about something, but you would like if it was true, for the added hilarity, simply post something like this

You can show that it sounds too funny for you to believe, without putting the op into the situation to proof something that he doesn't want to, either because it is not true, or because it is and it would put people into an uncomfortable position.

Ok thank you. I totally get that and have been taking that approach to almost all of those types of posts but the scruffpuff post was so...I don't know "too good to be true" we'll say that I had to ask. I can't even remember what it was about at this point. Probably about how CIG is screwed and going under soon. Can't remember.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

TheAgent posted:

nah I just buy packs and never play

Hunter all the way. (win or lose shortest games-so you can get back to streaming SC) :)

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bayonnefrog posted:

Hunter all the way. (win or lose shortest games-so you can get back to streaming SC) :)

Its realll good right now. Also secret mage with Aluneth is good for fast games.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

fuctifino posted:

Show us you're balls.

This is loving great!!!!!

Free the REAL Bribase!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lmao after all that work I made the admins do, it turns out ol' SD gets sold down the river by the man himself.

Bribase
Dec 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Lmao after all that work I made the admins do, it turns out ol' SD gets sold down the river by the man himself.

The doxxing computers must be red hot

I took a risk and i got burned. It happens. It takes balls.

Bribase fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 13, 2017

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Personally, I can't believe that some troll would have the audacity to set up a fake reddit account pretending to be our Bribase

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm sitting here trying to drink my coffee and figure out how to explain the Surface Detail shtick to the real Bribase in a way that doesn't sound completely insane and it's boiling my brain lmao

I love this thread

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Disappointing, but not unexpected. Much like your balls.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
Making the GBS thread was a nice commitment to your gimmick though

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Golli posted:

Cloud Imperium Games LLC updated their California Statement of Information on 12/6/17 (2 years late).

The only changes of note are they finally notified the state that they are no longer on Sunset Blvd. and they changed the business activities from "Game Development and Publishing" to "Game Development"

So maybe they need a publisher now?

e: They also created a new LLC on 11/30/17. Roberts Space Industries LLC (a separate entity from Roberts Space Industries Corp)

Yeah, we're up to 17 companies now, and I've updated my list.

Cloud Imperium Games was never a publisher, that would be RSI (the worldwide parent). They are a game dev entity just like F42 in the UK and GER. So this change makes sense, and is just procedural.

They also recently settled (out of court) the lawsuit filed against them couple of years back. Click on this link, then on the case summary.

quote:

11/06/2017 Request for Entry of Dismissal (OF ENTIRE ACTION WITH PREJUDICE )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff

09/19/2017 Notice-Settlement
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Daztek posted:

you forgot me, rude

racist, imo

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Star Citizen Patch 3.0.0ak :toot:

Major Known Issues
  • Control changes are incomplete and may have bugs and issues. Known: Alt modifier activates free look as well. Suicide does not function.
  • Some ships may be spawning without items or without the ability to "flight ready". W/A: If this happens please file an insurance claim to replace the ship.
  • First implementation of persistence bed spawning will have numerous bugs and issues.
  • Items and ships placed in hangars are not persisting between sessions.

Bug Fixes
  • The interaction prompt for entering the Buccaneer should now correctly highlight the cockpit.
  • Adjusted interaction points on the 300 series so it can be properly made flight ready.
  • The lifts/elevators at Levski should no longer appear to be in different places for different players.
  • The shopkeeper at KCtrending should now have voice and animation.
  • Adjusted piston animation for the rear door of the Cutlass so it works properly.
  • Automated turrets should be operational again.
  • Adjusted the shields on AI pirates.
  • Fixed missing music from Port Olisar.
  • Self destruct sequence and audio should work outside of the cockpit of the Starfarer.
  • Players should no longer be able to retract the landing gear of ships inside the hangar.
  • Using an audio terminal more than once should no longer repeat the audio for the player doing the PI wanted mission.
  • Fixed holographic objects not rendering in Arena Commander ship customization menu.

Technical
  • Performance Tweak

Content missing key elements
  • User Interface
  • Insurance and Persistence
  • Internal Ship Docking
  • Comm System

Bugs, issues, and work arounds (W/A)
  • Items and ships placed in hangars are not persisting between sessions.
  • Vehicle customizer app on wrong MobiGlas button and not yet functioning.
  • Repaired wings don't always restore weapons.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Enchanted Hat posted:

Personally, I can't believe that some troll would have the audacity to set up a fake reddit account pretending to be our Bribase

No! I'm Bribase (and so is my wife).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Codezombie posted:

No! I'm Bribase (and so is my wife).

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

And so it came to pass that phase 1 of the Legal March Fo' The Monies has begun.

There will be much gnashing of teeth.

And the most unlikely party will give rise to the cresting E.L.E.

As was foretold by HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/940947796794003457

Start here, and standby

https://www.skadden.com/professionals/m/minnick-kevin-j

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 13, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Star Citizen: Suicide Does Not Function

alternately

Star Citizen: Suicide Is Not An Option

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Show us you're balls.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

Space Court.

You have your wish. It's here. It's big. And it's 1 of 3 that I am aware of.

----------------

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0&t=40s

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bribase posted:

The doxxing computers must be red hot

I took a risk and i got burned. It happens. It takes balls.

Don't give up now. Insist you're the real Bribase and the one on reddit is impersonating you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, we're up to 17 companies now, and I've updated my list.

Cloud Imperium Games was never a publisher, that would be RSI (the worldwide parent). They are a game dev entity just like F42 in the UK and GER. So this change makes sense, and is just procedural.

They also recently settled (out of court) the lawsuit filed against them couple of years back. Click on this link, then on the case summary.

One of the best and most expensive law firms in the US

https://www.forbes.com/2009/01/23/skadden-merger-takeover-business-cx_df_0123skadden.html#723cde4b7f09

----------------